Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Will I ever feel NORMAL Again?

I know that I am only 5 days out but I am just wonderding will there ever be a time when I just have the band and I not know that it is there? Most of my misery is from the Gas. I pray this will go away.

I do have a full feeling I drink about an ounce of liquids every 15 to 20 minutes. But I just want to know if I will ever just have my band and not have side effects from having my band? Will I ever feel as if I have no band at all? Except if I eat too much?

Yes. I don't feel a thing except when I sit down and eat a meal. If by normal you mean how you felt pre-band, then no, I don't feel normal. I feel much better.

Hi--I am a week out and so far today is good. If I could get past the shoulder pain and the strange feeling of something at the base of throat I think I would feel normal again.

Since we are at about the same stage I would love to talk, to compare notes on how we are doing. I started full liquids yesterday and it's wonderful. Something that works good is if you have a Wendy's close to you. Pick up a small chili and put it through the blender, it's pretty feeling and almost feels like you're eating real food. Also, I made a Protein shake this morning that I got off this site that was really good. It's 1 cup skim milk, 1 sccop chocolate Protein powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 1/2 tablespoons of creamy Peanut Butter, 6 ice cubes. Blend in your blender. And WOW it was great.

So if you would like to become computer buddies please send me a private message and we can add each other to our friends list.

I hope you start feeling better and congrats on your surgery:thumbup:

Leah

I'm 5 days post surgery too. I know what you mean about the gas and shoulder pain. I'm looking forward to that being over as well. I know it will because I had gallbladder surgery last month and the same gas pain followed that surgery for about 1 week or so.

My doctor started me off on full liquids right away, no Clear Liquids, so it hasn't been to bad for me. A lot of Soup and jell-o and Protein drinks. I made home made potato Soup last night and it was awesome to eat something that didn't come from a can. Nothing against Campbell's but I can do better.

I know we will all start feeling better soon. I'm going to try a full day at the office tomorrow... so wish me luck.

Congrats, and hang in there! :)

I had surgery last Tuesday and feel the same way. I am so tired of thinking about my belly! The gas pain returned last night and has been horrible. I've been walking and eating those gasX strips.....hopefully this won't last long. When I'm not eating, I'm hungry and then when I do have a Soup or something, I think I hurt because I ate it. I'm ready to not think about me! I have 4 little kids at home and a whole lot more to do than "bellyache!"

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. And yes when I was referring to normal, I was referring to not having to worry about my stomach and the gas. I really appreciate having you all to talk to.

I am just drinking liquids, I do not get to move to mush food until another 9 days. My stomach feels full all of the time so it is ok for now. I am assuming that as I heal my stomach will not feel as full.

I just had Jaw surgery on 5/1 I did 30 days of liquids through a feeding tube, I feel if I survived that I can survive these next two weeks. In addition I can only eat soft foods, so I really have not missed food too much.

I wish eveyone success and keep up the great work.

I'm two weeks post op and feeling great. I have to say though until the end of the first week, I was wondering what in the hell I'd done to myself. I was suffering from severe buyer's remorse. I was ready to go back and have it taken out. That said, I did start to feel better and haven't regretted it since. I'm just transitioning from soft foods to solids and couldn't feel better. It does pass, I promise.

I agree with Carrie D. I too thought what the hell have I done. I was miserable for the first two weeks and still not normal the third and fourth week, but it did get better. I am SO happy that I did this. Hang in there, the healing process take awhile and then you will be so glad you had the LB surgery.:)

Thanks, because I am having those same feelings. Like "What have I done to myself?" That is why I asked the question. It is hard not to feel that way when you are in so much pain. Thanks for your comments, they give me something to look forward to. Good Luck All

Hey, I am 5 days out and at work for a full day. I hit a brick wall an hour ago with the pain, so I got up and walked slowly and had a cold protien drink and am starting to feel some better.

Yes, I can't wait until we are running around doing our daily business and can forget about the surgery and live our lives! I am excited about the future and what it holds for me.

But I do agree about the gas pains and the port pain from sitting and standing. I guess I didn't realize the port pain was going to be so intense at first! Guessed wrong! LOL

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and so happy I took this route. LIfe is going to be great and fun to see unfold in front of me!

What we used to call "normal" is what got us in this situation. You will feel MUCH BETTER, I promise. Once you become accustomed to the band, it's GREAT! I am over one year out, and I am so glad that I did this. I have lost 90 pounds so far, and am no longer hyper-tensive, and have been able to come off meds!!! Hang in there....your new normal is on the way!

Hi Barbie2007,

Thanks for your words of encouragement. My main reason for the band is that could loose the weight but never keep it off, so I hoping to loose and keep it off this time and I am sure most of us are.

The only meds I am on is a diuretic, I retain a lot of Water, no hypertenstion, diabetes or meds for any other reason, so for that I am thankful.

I will be excitied when I have passed this stage and just have my band and moving forward. Thanks for the encouraging words.

What we used to call "normal" is what got us in this situation. You will feel MUCH BETTER, I promise. Once you become accustomed to the band, it's GREAT! I am over one year out, and I am so glad that I did this. I have lost 90 pounds so far, and am no longer hyper-tensive, and have been able to come off meds!!! Hang in there....your new normal is on the way!

How do you know when it's time to come off high blood pressure meds? Does your doc just take you off and check you for several days to see if your blood pressure stays down or did you try it yourself and find out you didn't need the meds any longer?

Curious

My Doctor monitored me for three months without meds. I checked myself 3 times per week and he checked me every other week. After three months, he declared me "healed"!!! HA! I'm so glad!

I suppose I am in transitional staging.

I DO still have gas, it is almost ALWAYS from doing domething I wasn't supposed to like carbonated drinks or foods notorious for methane emissions...hello cabbage or Beans, lol.

In retrospect, I don't think I ever really WANT to feel as if I did prior to surgery...this thing in me is a reminder of what I allowed to happen BEFORE restrictions. Do I really want to go back? Hell no. Only downhill from this point on sweetie. We can all do this together.:blink: