Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Riding my bike to work

Ok I am by no means a cycling queen... I ride at a steady pace of around 10-11 MPH I believe given the distance vs time I travel. So my question is I have checked a couple sites and get all kinds of different numbers on what I am actually burning. Does anyone know of a reputable place with an online calculator that takes everything into account? Like weight, distance, speed, time etc.

I have/was going to the gym a few days a week. But I realized when the sun came out a great way to burn those calories was to just ride too and from work each way about 6.5 miles... saves money on gas as well.

brandy....

I wish I did. Do you use a cycle computer for your bike? I have a cateye wireless, but it does not do calories, but the higher priced ones do.

Where abouts are you from???

I am from Indiana.

I started out last year only being able to do about 3-5 miles a night. We have been able to add more in, but my average stays between 11-14mph. SOmetimes higher sometimes not. Depends on where we ride.

Good luck trying to find what you are searching for

Have you tried nashbar.com

or performancebike.com

BTW...My name is Traci, they call me HP on the other cyclying thread

brandy....

I wish I did. Do you use a cycle computer for your bike? I have a cateye wireless, but it does not do calories, but the higher priced ones do.

Where abouts are you from???

I am from Indiana.

I started out last year only being able to do about 3-5 miles a night. We have been able to add more in, but my average stays between 11-14mph. SOmetimes higher sometimes not. Depends on where we ride.

Good luck trying to find what you are searching for

Have you tried nashbar.com

or performancebike.com

BTW...My name is Traci, they call me HP on the other cyclying thread

I am looking for a cycle computer right now. I just don't want to spend a ton on one atm. I am from Eugene, Oregon the friendliest bike place in the U S hehe

I used to only be able to do a few miles as well but I can make it to work in what I feel is a pretty reasonable amount of time and still get a good work out. I am hoping to get my stamina up a little more and make longer rides just for fun.

Brandy

I paid around $45 for mine and it is wireless. They also have wired ones for allot cheaper.

My mother has family in Eugene....not sure if they are still living or not.

I have always thought that coming out that way for a trip would be awesome......

We are planning on some new roads this weekend.....I think it is funny how we are looking for roads to ride on now....who ever guessed....

When was your surgery?

Hi Brandy, that is so awesome that you are biking to work. Biking is a GREAT way to get in much needed exercise and then all of a sudden it just turns out to be fun and you want to do it all the time. I could never get tired of biking. It is such a stress reliver too. Traci is a great person to talk to about biking. Come join us on the other bicycling thread.

I paid around $45 for mine and it is wireless. They also have wired ones for allot cheaper.

My mother has family in Eugene....not sure if they are still living or not.

I have always thought that coming out that way for a trip would be awesome......

We are planning on some new roads this weekend.....I think it is funny how we are looking for roads to ride on now....who ever guessed....

When was your surgery?

Do you have a recommendation for a wireless one? Which one are you using and how do you like it?

I have the cat eye micro wireless

Love it....

After a couple weeks of contemplating... I finally decided to go with the Cateye Micro wireless.. It seems to have a couple more features than the comparable Strada..

I found a pretty sweet deal on the Micro @ Amazon if you have a prime account it's free shipping :wink_smile:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000R6QR3G?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=sz-sports-20&linkCode=asn]Amazon.com: Cateye CC-MC100W Micro Wireless 10-Function Bicycle Computer (Silver): Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

kool...I was just going to tell you I just recieved a new sale add from Performance too and they were on sale there as well.

I hope you like it. I am taking my bike tommorow to the specialized store to get new gel wrap on my handelbars and to have them check my reach on my bars. I have a Trek, but everything else is specialized...LOL

You should be able to create a profile including your weight, height age etc.. to get an accurate burn rate.

Good luck.

Ollie

You should be able to create a profile including your weight, height age etc.. to get an accurate burn rate.

Good luck.

Ollie

Thanks! I am gonna give it a try.