Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Atkins Changed The Taste Of Their Shakes ...

... And I find it disgusting! Well, the Cafe Caramel anyway ...

For many months now I've been drinking Atkins shakes for Breakfast, my absolute fav was their Cafe Caramel Latte flavor (recommended by LJM! :smile:) ... so anyway, last week I go to the store to stock up on them and the shelves were empty :crazy: and a store employee explained to me that Atkins was changing their packaging and they expected the new product to come in sometime later in the week. Well, I need breakfast dammit :mad2: so yesterday I drove around to different stores trying to find some. Ended up finding them at Ralph's in all their new packaging glory :biggrin: so I bought every single case of Caramel that they had. This morning as I was tearing away the cardboard to get one out I read "New Look / Great New Taste!" and I thought ohh nooo! Sure enough, they screwed with the taste and it tastes like crap. :w00t: I sent an email to Atkins letting them know how disgusted I was as I was trying to gag down their shake ... idiots! :angry: So now I have 2.3 cases of this crap sitting in my fridge ... ya know, it's one thing to change the packaging but why mess with the taste?? :)

Ooooo...that is SUCH a bummer! I too, am an Atkins Caramel Latte girl! I look forward to it every morning!! I was planning on going to stock up at lunch today. Grrrrr.....that really makes me mad that they messed with the taste. How did the taste change in your opinion?

This is one of my morning favs as well. Thanks to ljm!! I am really picky when it comes to shkes. I still have 3 4packs so I will be good for a little while!! Bloo, I would be interested ot know how they taste different as well!!

Not sure exactly how to describe it ... it does seem to taste a bit sweeter than the old one, but has an icky aftertaste as well. As I was dumping it out (yes, I didn't finish it!) I noticed the color was different too. Sure wish I could find someplace that has the old ones in stock! I've looked everywhere ... :)

Let me know what ya'll think when / if you try it. I had really become addicted to the old ones, loved the taste of it and looked forward to it every morning. I hate change and when that first taste this morning wasn't what I was used to, I immediately decided I didn't like it but it could be just me! :biggrin:

Hey Bloo..

Went to the store and scored our beloved shakes. They still had the regular ones in a can. Next to them I saw them in cartons...is that the new ones you are talking about? If so...MAJOR BUMMER!! I tried the Mocha one's in the carton and they were GROSS!! I cleared out the rest of the cans!! Grrrrrrr........

Yup, thats them! :) I was going to try the Mocha next but I guess it's not worth it, eh? :lol:

Just wonder what would possess them to change something that quite obviously was selling very well, seems most times I went to buy it they were out of stock (especially the Caramel Latte) ... Hopefully more people will write in a complaint (like I did :lol:) and someday they'll bring the Caramel Latte back ... I won't hold my breath though :glare:

OH NO!!!! thats just so wrong!

let us know if you have a response from the EMPIRE...

unless they oh so brilliantly changed the mocha's, that was my 2nd fave.

I always buy Atkins, but had a really good coupon for Slim-Fast. I got the Low Carb Slim Fast that is very similar nutritionally to Atkins. Wow!! Very rich and creamy. I had the chocolate. Low carb comes in choc. and vanilla only. Might be a good alternative to the Atkins if you don't like the new taste.

Everyone should email Atkins. I just tried the new chocolate and it's nasty too. It really pi$$es me off. I can see changing from cans. Cans are expensive. There was no reason to mess with the taste.

OH NO!!!! thats just so wrong!

let us know if you have a response from the EMPIRE...

unless they oh so brilliantly changed the mocha's, that was my 2nd fave.

Nope ... haven't heard from them. Shocking isn't it? Nope :rolleyes2:

I always buy Atkins, but had a really good coupon for Slim-Fast. I got the Low Carb Slim Fast that is very similar nutritionally to Atkins. Wow!! Very rich and creamy. I had the chocolate. Low carb comes in choc. and vanilla only. Might be a good alternative to the Atkins if you don't like the new taste.

I was just looking at the Slim Fast drinks at the grocery store earlier this evening ... I noticed they had a Cappuccino flavor but when I saw it had something like 25g carbs I quickly put it back ... Thanks for the info, I'll have to look for the Low Carb version and give 'em a try :smile2:

Everyone should email Atkins. I just tried the new chocolate and it's nasty too. It really pi$ me off. I can see changing from cans. Cans are expensive. There was no reason to mess with the taste.

My thoughts EXACTLY! You can email 'em here Atkins - Company

My Mother, bless her lil heart, knew how irk'd I was about my Caramel shakes so this morning she came over with a case of Vanilla & a case of Dark Chocolate Royale ... I've never tried these before so I can't really compare the "before & after" but I must say the Vanilla was quite good. :thumbup:

This is good to know...

I'm on the pre-op diet (getting banded Monday the 30th) and have been having two Atkins shakes every day -- so far just the chocolate and the dark chocolate royale... though I'm having a vanilla one this afternoon! I'm so sad I missed the good tasting ones, because the aftertaste is really gross for these new ones. That said, I'm getting used to them. *sigh*

Maybe they'll change their minds and go back to the old formula!

I sent them a nasty email and said I am going to start drink low carb slim fast since they decided to make theirs taste gross!