Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2nd fill w/Realize band 6cc total no restriction

I have had two fills and definitely have felt restriction. I have been stuck 2x because I was eating too fast and both times I was eating ground beef. I have to really focus on slowing down when I eat, that has been the hard part.

I have another fill scheduled in two more weeks, I might not need it yet. My dr has been great about letting us come in early if we feel that we are getting hungry and need more of a fill. I know with my first fill I was tight for the first week and then it really loosened up. This one seems to be sticking longer!

krtork,

I have to say I'm jealous...I was banded on aug 6 and have about 120 to lose. I've lost like about 26. I got my third fill of 1 cc to total 5 cc in my realize band and I only have slight restriction. Like I told my md, it slows me down, but my presurg and post surg volume are the same.

I am doing curves 3 x a week and am walking a mile each day it doesn't rain...I've not lost anything since my first fill.

Fennigen~stick with it! You will find your sweet spot. I have my next fill on Friday. Everybody is different and I believe we all will get there. I have definitely slowed down on the weight loss. After a two week stand still the scale moved again. It is coming off slowly, but surely. I have been run/walking at least 3x a week.

I really have to watch my food in take. That has been a challenge. I have to make sure that I weigh and measure and try to stay at my 60g of Protein.

They let me get away with 3 weeks between my fills just because I was already there, but my PA said the last time,"4 weeks, don't let me see you back before 4 weeks". I am thinking of discussing the 'normal' restriction fill of approx 8 cc w/ them to see if they will fill me w/ 2 cc to bring me up to 7 total. we'll see, but the frustration is making it more difficult to stick to curves and walking.

Jenn

If it's been more than 4 weeks since your last fill, go back and get another one!

Some docs are really conservative about fills and it sucks.

I've just had my 4th fill 8 hours ago. I was banded on 3rd Sept, I am now up to 6.5ml in a 9ml band and at the moment I still don't feel any restriction, maybe it will take a few days to kick in.

Greetings, Does anyone know the average cc. content to reach full restriction of the 9cc Realize band? I've had 5 fills totaling 4cc & I don't feel hardly any restriction at all. My Doc.will only give me .5cc per fill at this point.

Greetings, Does anyone know the average cc. content to reach full restriction of the 9cc Realize band? I've had 5 fills totaling 4cc & I don't feel hardly any restriction at all. My Doc.will only give me .5cc per fill at this point.

Thats so frustrating. Hang in there, can you go and get a fill somewhere else and pay for it or ask for a bigger fill. Break down and cry if you have to, insist that you want a bigger fill. I know that most people say trust your doctor, bla, bla, bla but I say we know our bodies better than anyone else and doctors don't know everything and also everyones body is different and reacts differently. I am going for my 5th fill tomorrow and I have 6.5cc and little to no restriction, but I have a feeling in my heart that tomorrow will be the one that will get me to my sweet spot. Good luck!!!

1st fill 2cc

2nd 2cc

3rd 1cc

4th 1.5cc

I had my third fill exactly a week ago, and I think I'm at the perfect spot for me. I'm not so tight that I can't eat normal foods (I had a slice of double Fiber whole wheat bread, and another time some whole grain rice, and didn't feel stuck). I'm measuring 1/2 cup meals and I'm feeling satisfied for four hours. If I didn't measure, I think I could easily eat more before I got that strong STOP message. However, after I reached the end of my 1/2 cup meal and stop eating, after a couple of minutes I feel completely satisfied, and had I eaten more, I would have overdone it. Measuring, for me, is really the key right now.

I don't know how aggressive my doctor is for fills if you have insurance, but I'm self-pay and he said he is very aggressive with fills at one of our self-pay meetings. We only get free fills the first year, so I'm highly motivated to make the most of this free period. After my first fill at six weeks, I've gone in twice more at two week intervals to get this level. I have my fill calendar in my signature area below.

Edited by kiz

I felt almost nothing (maybe a weeks worth of slight restriction) at 6.3 cc's. However, by the time I got my next fill which put me to 7.8 cc's, the restriction was very strong and noticeable.

Until you get close to your sweet spot, you really won't feel much of anything . . . but when you are close, small changes in Fluid levels make a huge impact.

I think I need to do what you're doing, measure my food. I don't measure and I find I'm eating almost as much as pre-op with 5 cc in my band...I might feel full with less food and just don't realize it.

The Realize Band overall does not really give restriction until its at near max capacity. Aggressive fills are not recommended and can increase the risk of erosion, especially in the beginning as the stomach is healing and adjusting to the band. It is very dangerous to get such aggressive fills and you should proceed with caution. The Realize Band is soft, probably too soft to get to the sweet spot until it has a lot Fluid but beware once you get to 7cc it creases and those creases can leak over time. You are much better going slow on fills and gradually building up and giving the band a chance to adjust.

The Realize Band overall does not really give restriction until its at near max capacity. Aggressive fills are not recommended and can increase the risk of erosion, especially in the beginning as the stomach is healing and adjusting to the band. It is very dangerous to get such aggressive fills and you should proceed with caution. The Realize Band is soft, probably too soft to get to the sweet spot until it has a lot Fluid but beware once you get to 7cc it creases and those creases can leak over time. You are much better going slow on fills and gradually building up and giving the band a chance to adjust.

:wink2: As we bandsters know, there is no hard and fast rule that applies to everyone. I received the Realize Band Aug. 4 and still have not had a fill. I AM AT MY SWEETSPOT WITH AN EMPTY REALIZE BAND! It has more to do with the amount of fat surrounding your stomach and your own sensitivity to your body's cues. These overall generalizations saying the Realize Band is too flexible, etc. causes new bandsters too much stress. EVERYONE is different. The bottomline is, you have to work the tool to be successful. Exercise and listen to what your band is telling you. Please stop making broad generalizations and upsetting our fellow bandsters. :crying:

I was banded with the realize band on 5/14/08. It has taken months to acheive restriction. I think I have had 5 fills and currently have 8.25cc in a 9cc band. The restriction is there. However if I eat chips, or sweets there is not much restriction so I did not loose much through the holiday's because there was so much of this type of food everywhere. But I have been back on track since the beginging of this week and can not eat much during my meals. I feel like this tool is finaly working. Good luck to everyone. Hang in there it takes a wile!