Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all my May 19th buddies

Lexy I am feeling the same way.. It is like I will have to learn all over again how to sip and eat small bites.

I feel exactly the same as before the surgery .. I did notice though I do fill up with less.

Two more weeks and hopefully we will be back on track.

My scale has stopped moving too ...

Hang in there and I will too ..

Oh and I do have a lot of burping going on ..

Take care and keep posting .

MyFitnessPal.com I love this website cant remember if I told you... but you can record everything you eat and your exercise and it will tell you how much weight you can lose in 5 weeks from the day you enter you food and exercise.. this has helped me make good choices and makes me want to exercise more.. even though most of us are only 4 weeks out and have to wait 6 wks for major exercise.. it is a great great tool.. try it and good luck..

Edited by Yaherd
it gave my link to my personal information..

Hello Fellow Nineteeners(SP),

I am on a "progression diet" progressively adding new foods and textures. The wound over my port has yet to completely heal and therefore I am not able to exercise yet..need to change the dressing everyday. I am down a total of 38 lbs... The best part is, I have hit onederland for the first time in 12 years!!! Hope all are doing well. I am very curious to find out peoples experiences with fills.

I am stuck at the same weight loss, and going on vacation Saturday. no fill until the 15th of july due to my vacation then drs vacation.. YIKEs.. having a hard time with no weight loss.. eating good tracking everything. but just wont come off... anyway just checking in with my fellow 19th of May buddies

I too am stuck on the scale at least for now, its a bit disappointing but I'm holding on I don't have my first fill date yet I'm hoping it will be in July- and it will help with more restriction seems I have none right now.

I am walking every day and swimming 2 hours a week which I love- but the weight isn't going any place yet~

Thanks for the myfitnesspal.com website I'll have to check that out. :(

Let me know how you like that website.. I love it.. went to my support group last night and their is a weight gain due to the Water weight coming back after eating real food again.. but as long as you dont gain it should start coming off.. that web-site saves me.. even if I want to cheat I know how much I can taste of something as long as I dont go over my calories for the day.. or if you want to do carbs you can set it up for that too...

i also feel as if i can eat ANYTHING but i get my first fill friday (date was changed at the last minute much to my chagrin!!!)---lets all hope that this changes- i have lost 21lbs since surgery but that stopped two weeks ago. just hanging, trying to make sure i eat less, TRYING not to eat after 7. not depending on the band like a crutch but some days i wish it was a little tighter then perhaps the temptation wouldnt be there!! good luck to everyone...

Best of luck to you today with your first fill, I can't wait to get mine!

i also feel as if i can eat ANYTHING but i get my first fill friday (date was changed at the last minute much to my chagrin!!!)---lets all hope that this changes- i have lost 21lbs since surgery but that stopped two weeks ago. just hanging, trying to make sure i eat less, TRYING not to eat after 7. not depending on the band like a crutch but some days i wish it was a little tighter then perhaps the temptation wouldnt be there!! good luck to everyone...

This is really really a rough time now .. We have to take this one day at a time.. Looks like a lot of us get our first fill next week ..

I hope it makes it easier for us ..My Dr said no to worry about loosing right now just healing .. So I keep saying that and wish I was full .

It helps so much you all are out there and we are all in the same boat right now ... Take care and can't wait to hear how everyones fill goes ..

Ok, who has gotten their first fill? I go in on Thursday for a follow-up and "we'll see about a fill" appointment...I will pretty much beg for a fill! The scale finally moved down 1 pound since my post op appt. on June 4th...so that is pretty much 1 pound lost in a month. :smile2:

I feel better, but don't think I look any different, despite being down a size. I am learning to have patience though. The weight didn't come on overnight, and I don't expect to lose it - BUT - 1 pound in a month?? GRRRRRRRR! :lol:

I think that this is what they call "Bandster Hell". It is time between surgery and when you have found the "sweet spot" with your fills. I have had 2 fills already. I am feeling a LOT of restriction and I feel like the band is starting to work. I do have to force food up frequently because it is getting stuck, but haven't actually "thrown up" more than a couple of times. I am praying that the scale starts to move since I am eating sooooo little!!!!!

I got my first fill finally, cant wait to see how it works...liquids only for 2 days. hope everyone is good!!

So bummed out...Went to see surgeon today. Was hoping for a fill. I had a wound infection and now am having an allergic reaction to the bandaids!!! There is a big rash around my port incision so a fill is out of the question. This also means that I will not be able to go in a pool or hot tub yet...On vacation next week so that bums me out...:thumbup:

Sorry to hear that..I had a fill last week my first one and dont feel to much restriction.. but still hanging in there.. still keeping track of what I eat everyday Iam going by calories easiest for me to get my Protein. so far the scale is going down..slow but going down.. hope all my May buddies are doing well... Keep in touch!

Hi fellow 19th friends! I haven't checking in in a while -- so -- HELLO!!!!

I got my 2nd fill this week and I now have a total of 5cc's in an 11cc band and again I feel little to NO restrictions! I thought this was going to act as more of a tool than it is. This is just like diet hell right now!

But...overall I am not one of those who have lost 40 pounds in 2 months...but I have lost 28 pounds in 2 months and I think that is pretty darn good.

Hope to see some of your recent updates too!