Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all my May 19th buddies

How are you doing going on Week 4 Monday? What are you eating? Are you trying real food yet? I have had a few little things but not bad. I seem to be doing well with my foods.. but can see that it is control, not the band that is working right now.. I could see eating the wrong things now if I dont stay on top of it.. anyone else think like me? I have not weighed again since my first Dr Visit.. I may weigh on Monday to see how I did 3 weeks down..

Well just wanted to say hello and hope you are all doing well..:tongue2:

I am so glad you wrote this post! I am feeling the same way.

I can totally see how at this point pre-1st fill it is 100% YOU that has to control what you eat.

Here is where I am...I am still trying to get off all liquids -- mainly because I got so used to it (strange how that happened) and also because I think deep down I know I lost 17 lbs. on that and that's hard to walk away from!

In between meals I don't feel all that hungry but of course I eat (or drink Protein drinks) because I know I have to. BUT...when I do eat, no matter if it's liquid, mushie food, Protein i.e. chicken, tuna, etc....I am not feeling overly full. Does anyone get what I am saying?

Do you think this means I could be ready for a fill sooner than my schedule date of July 2nd?

I dont get my fill until July 13th.. I go on vacation the end of the month and then my Dr will be on vacation.. so I have to be really careful.. Iam eating more regular foods now.. small portions.. but good foods.. Scared to blow this 3 weeks of hard work... My Doctor said to go for what ever I feel like eating now, that he knows my stomach can handle it.. they like to keep you on mushies to see how your stomach handles eating again .. and mine seems to be working just fine... I was like WHAT???? he said "You are in Control" Choose wisely...

Hi ladies! I am eating soft foods right now... But I am terrified of messing up! I am struggling with cravings! The good thing is, I do have a bit of restriction so the soft foods that I do eat ( oatmeal, tuna, eggs, rice, potatoes, etc...) I can only have about half a cup before feeling full. That's when I have to tell myself to stop! Its going to be a learning experience! I am also having a tough time not drinking while eating! I know this is going to be a slow process and I have come a long way in three weeks... Learning to have patience! Can't wait to be filled on July 3rd!

I seem to be able to eat whatever I want... I dont get my fill until July 13th due to vacations.. Dr's and mine... but I have been doing well on my own .... I am going to buy a scale.. never wanted one in my house before.. now I want to see my progress and dont want to wait until Dr's appointments to see how I am doing//

I am still in the soft foods stage, but I think I could handle most anything at this point. I am feeling some restriction, particularly earlier in the day. Some hunger as well in between meals. I have my first fill on June 20th.

well my scale says the same weight that I was at 2 weeks ago at my Drs appt.. shouldnt have gone and bought it..now I will be depressed..lol oh well Water weight coming back from no solid food.. at least I did not gain.. that is what matters

Yeah, I think the honeymoon phase is over. lol! Woke up this morning starving! I no longer "feel" like I am losing. I packed a lunch of soft foods ...grilled tilapia and rice...feel bloated... I just wish I could go back to day 3 post op (but without the pain), have uber restriction and not be hungry AT ALL and to stop thinking about food. I worry thinking if it will ever happen. Feeling FAT today. :wink_smile:

I know this is a process and I am still elated that I have the band...but food still worries me. I know I am up in pounds since eating mushies and soft foods, but I haven't weighed myself. I will not get on a scale until July 3rd in my surgeon's office. AND I better get a fill - no "we'll see" - I NEED ONE. I know they say now is the time for healing, but I can't help but worry that I am losing control. Does anyone else feel like me? :biggrin:

HI there 19teeners.. Everything everyone has discussed I feel the same way..It is pure will power now and not the band.. I am so afraid though of stretching it or flipping I do exactly what they have told me to do .. Eating chicken and tuna and mashed potatoes and cottage cheese .. I am not that hungry but would love to dive into some spaghetti but too afraid.. I get my first fill the 2nd of July and a wee bit nervous .. Anyone else nervous..?? Or am I just a scaredy cat.. I need the fill but I don't want to be too tight.. Man I am getting finicky I think ..I am thrilled to have the band and can't wait to get to some serious weight loss . I have lost 19 and am holding at that for about 2 weeks now..

You all take care and I love knowing we all got our bands the same day .How cool is that.

weight.png

Lexy -- and everyone else -- I so feel the same way! I have beenso bloated lately and I am sure it is taking in the soft foods. I am tempted to throw out my scale!!!!!! I'm like you all...don't want to step on it at all - UGH!

I need a fill too!

On another topic...can any of you "feel" your port? Just tonight I could feel it for the 1st time and it freaked me out!:P

check in time... anyone else still feel like they are on their own...no fill yet could eat anything.... have to be real careful... or could gain.. but so far so good. think I am down another 4 lbs but will wait until I see my Dr for the real weigh in...

I see the nutritionist tomorrow to hopefully advance beyond "mushie" stage...cannot wait. I have not lost an ounce this week. I think my first fill is in July.

Liz

Hi All may 19eers!,

I can eat everything and anything no issues what so ever, I don't have a fill date yet which worries me a bit I have a check in with my Doctor on July 3rd I'm hoping he schedules me for a fill-

I am very disappointed in my weight loss at this point, as of Thursday June 19th it will be one month and I haven't lost a pound since my June 29th appointment-

When I say I can eat I mean I can really really eat- I try not to eat till I feel like I'm going to explode but I thought I would have some restriction but nothing~ freaks me out really.

I have found that eating hamburger is out- it cases me to have nasty gas in my chest, but other than that I can eat whatever is put in front of me.

Dr. Forgione said he expects me to lose 4 pounds before the next weight in on 7/3 no way is that going to happen with no restiction-

in the end I am responsible for what I eat but darn I wish I had some help with restriction here!

Come on first fill! LOL

I totally can eat what I want and that freaks me out! This is the time that they (the doctors) really want you to work at it -- if you can't do it now they (or at least mine) worries about your long term committment!

I had pizza tonight and feel crappy about it! BUT...the good thing is that I didn't PIG OUT like I used too

My fill is July 2nd -- can't get here fast enough!

Taking it one day at a time. I have been making some not-so-great choices...but not nearly as bad as I used to be. But I am not doing someting right - the scale isn't moving. :) I am getting in between 800-1000 calories a day (which is the target for lap band weight loss from what I read) and nothing. No loss whatsoever - since my post op appt on June 4th. :)

I am looking forward to my fill on the 3rd. I have absoultely NO restriction and mt appetite is back at full force! It's a little scary - especially when I feel like I should be doing so much better. But then again, it hasn't been a month..I need to be easier on myself. :)