Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It's June 2008 Already? What's happening Indiana?

Hello Everyone,

It will be one month since my surgery tomorrow! :smile: Wow, I must say it sure went by quick. I can't evern remeber being on liquids for two weeks? It has been great so far. I hope all of you are having great sucesses and wish you the best as we move into summer. I am ready to start working out next week, so guess we will see what happens with that. I went on regular foods this Monday and have been slowy trying some of my favorites. It's been good so far, just haven't tried breads yet, to scared :angry: and don't miss it so why bother?

Well, have a great day and we'll chat soon. :biggrin2:

Hi, Cindy

I am from Jeffersonville, across the bridge from Louisville, Ky. Glad to have an fellow bandster to talk with. Drop me a line sometime.

Be a great day!:confused_smile:

Hi there, how are you doing? I have been near u a few times. My husband and I have gone to caesars! Are you doing ok with your band? How long have u been banded?

Hello Cindy, famrika, Jen and anyone else out there. I went for my second check up on the 26th and Dr. Allen is very pleased. We decided that I should wait for a fill, due to the steady loss. I am down 18 since the band and I am in my 7th week. I am ready getting back into exercise and drinking more Water, so this should help to keep me on a losing track. I hope anyway. I am still doing fine, no complaints, just need to make some better food choices now that I can eat anything I want to. I am still staying away from thick meats and bread. Well, I hope everyone else is doing ok and I'll be in touch.:o

HI Bandedgirl all well here. Am supposed to have my first fill next Thursday, the 10th. Have been walking a mile everyday this week. I´ve lost 27 lbs since surgery, and 21 inches since March!

Good to hear from ya, YOU are doing so well with your loss. I have got to get my mindset in check with the working out. I love to workout, I just keep letting other things use up my time. I need to pray on it and remember to put myself first for awhile. It is so hard to do with a three year old who requires alot of time and attention. Well, anyway it was good to hear from you and just want to say keep up the good work. :thumbup:

Thank you so much! Yes you have got to remember to put yourself first at least for a little while so that you can take care of yourself and make sure you are going to be around for your 3 year old. I know it is hard, I've never been able to do it myself but I'm trying... Your mindset is in the right place though because you said you are going to pray on it and that is the best thing you could do! You can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens you!! Take care

PS I wish I could say that I love to work out, I don't like it much at all but I do enjoy walking.

Iam 10 months on Sat. and doing well. I have gone from a 40-42 in pants/shorts down to a 36. Also down 60 lbs. Went camping for a week and had no problem with hiking and doing all kinds of things. This is the best thing my wife and I have done. I live in both St. Louis and Indy.

Chris