Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's normal at this stage?

I do a lot of work on 3 other forums and I have to say that this forum is the 2nd best, as far as technical usefulness is concerned. I'm going to try to post a pic, of something I do on the other forums.

DSCN1184.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/BigRob777/Lotof4.jpg

Lotof4.jpg

I made this on my lathe last week, from a wood I got from South America. I'm just testing to see if I can paste pics here.

Edited by BigRob777

Well, that's me. That's my passion. The lower links are veneers I've been collecting, so I can build high-end furniture, especially coffee tables, end tables and dressers and the like. That's part of the reason I got the lap band. The other (and main) reason is that my wife will be retiring within the next 8 or so years and I really want to be able to travel with her. She had to push me around in a wheel chair on our cruise just prior to my surgery and she deserves better than that. I deserve better than that. I was still able to go snorkelling, but I was almost unable to get back on the boat, on their skimpy boat ladder. If I hadn't been working out for a month prior, I'd have had to be lifted in, or something. Anyway, I want to be able to make things. I love designing furniture and turning on my lathe, so I can do both with furniture, as I'll turn the legs.

Sorry for going on so much about myself, but I figured it's to be expected in an awesome forum like this one. You people are tops.

Rob

Very nice.

Have you already made furniture, or is that still just a dream? I would love to see some pictures of pieces that you have made if you have done it before.

I can definitely understand the travelling thing. I had to rent a scooter when we went to Disney last year. After a few days, I just couldn't walk any more. I'm hoping that I don't have to do that again for a very long time! Besides, I would love to do things like riding horses and parasailing. Not to mention that my kids are going to want to go to "real" amusement parks in a few years. I don't want to have to sit on a bench watching them ride the roller coasters!

My kids deserve to have me be able to do stuff with them. I don't want to watch from the sidelines any more!

Well, here's a few pics for you. The table I made, was sold to a customer in Canada and I don't have any pics of it.

This was my first attempt at furniture: Bathroom vanity 5’ long:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/BigRob777/DSCN1222-1.jpg

Second attempt was a Make up table for my wife:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/BigRob777/DSCN1223.jpg

Third was a hot tub room, built on top of the deck I had built:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/BigRob777/DSCN1226.jpg

Fourth was the table that sold and fifth and most difficult was this wood and glass shelved entertainment center, that's 8' tall, 10' wide and 1" at the top and 2' at the base:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y179/BigRob777/DSCN1225.jpg

I also built exotic wood veneer trays for Christmas two years ago and many other miscelleneous items around the house. I built two shops too. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm at the point at which I can do something to sell. The high end will come in a year or two.

Rob

Thanks,

I have a lot of time on my hands, I just can't stand for very long at one time. That's something I'm really hoping this surgery will heal.

Rob

Well, the fill worked and I lost 10 pounds in the last 7 days. I'm going to California, then to Hawaii and won't be weighing myself, until I return. I'm anxious to see how much I lose there. I was hoping to be down to 350, before I went to Hawaii and it looks like it might happen.

Rob

Congrats on the weight loss! Also, about your question a few days ago about the fill, I had surgery about 18 months ago and there are some days that I can't get anything down in the morning except Water, and then there are days that I am actually hungry in the morning. My doctor told me that your band should be tight right after the fill but I usually feel the difference 2-3 days after the fill, so I guess it is different for everyone. Have a great trip!!

Hey guys!! I've been banded for two years and four months. I've lost 130lbs. I've still got 34lbs to go, but I lost my insurance last November so I've been losing slowly the last eight months. My band is still very functional andI am still losing. some days the band feels very tight and some days it's almost as if it's not there at all. Your bands will fluctuate like that depending on the day and your body. Stress can make it feel really tight as well. I was banded by Dr Barnett in Dover. If you have any questions, I'd be glad to try and help!

P.S. Watch out with all the sugar free things, they will give you the runs.

Rob... I have a question for you... how do you post pictures in your message? I just up dated my "After" pictures in my gallery and would to post them in a message... can you help me out?

I sent a message to LBT Admin but haven't got a reply yet.

Thanks !!

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 160 lbs