Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introductions.

I'm with you BeverlyJane. I am only a few pounds shy of being under the 60 BMI mark, but I doubt I'll be moving to the 50 BMI group anytime soon, simply because this is where I started and this is the group of people I feel most "connected" to and hopefully people will still hang around to support those who are well into their journey and those just starting out. :biggrin:

Hi All, My name is Erica and I was banded on Dec. 12th. My highest weight was 389, I am currently down to 338. Did Weight Watchers prior to my surgery for pre-op approval. I am just 5'2' so all this weight was just killing my back and ankles. My goal is somewhere around 160 pounds. Wish me luck:thumbup:

Hi Erica. Congrats on the banding! I just had my consult last week, but all the paperwork will be submitted to the insurance by the end of the year, so I'll know the first week in January when I'll be able to get the banding. It's tough right now with the holidays - especially since I'm not banded yet, but I'm just taking it day by day and know that next week the holidays will be over and it'll be back to normal- whatever that is!

I understand about the weight. I'm only 5'3. Have you found an exercise program that works for you? If not, maybe we could buddy up since we weigh about the same and go through this together. Feel free to privately message me, if you'd like. I've found some decent programs that seem to get me moving without causing injury!

So how did the surgery itself go? What was your weight on the day of the surgery and how did you fair with recovery?

Hi All, My name is Erica and I was banded on Dec. 12th. My highest weight was 389, I am currently down to 338. Did Weight Watchers prior to my surgery for pre-op approval. I am just 5'2' so all this weight was just killing my back and ankles. My goal is somewhere around 160 pounds. Wish me luck:thumbup:

Hi Erica,

Congrats on your band! It is truly a wonderful tool! I LOVE mine, sure I have my bad days but as a whole I could not be happier. I feel so much better now it is amazing! I could hardly walk before my surgery because both my knees are bad. I was going for injections every few months just to make it bearable. Now I can go shopping and walk around like most people. I still need new knees BUT I can walk arund without being in tons of pain. I wish you the best on your new journey, it's a wonderful trip!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!

Hi Erica. Congrats on the banding! I just had my consult last week, but all the paperwork will be submitted to the insurance by the end of the year, so I'll know the first week in January when I'll be able to get the banding. It's tough right now with the holidays - especially since I'm not banded yet, but I'm just taking it day by day and know that next week the holidays will be over and it'll be back to normal- whatever that is!

I understand about the weight. I'm only 5'3. Have you found an exercise program that works for you? If not, maybe we could buddy up since we weigh about the same and go through this together. Feel free to privately message me, if you'd like. I've found some decent programs that seem to get me moving without causing injury!

So how did the surgery itself go? What was your weight on the day of the surgery and how did you fair with recovery?

Hi,

Good luck on getting your date! Can I ask what exercises you do. That is one area that I have not been very good at, I used to go to an indoor pol last winter and walk run and swim for at least 4 hours a week but once the summer came I got away from going and just can't seem to find the time to go anymore. I know just an excuse, but I just dont like going anymore.

Thanks!

Hi All,

I am happily banded but hungry.

Went to doctor today for post-op visit and I had lost 7 pounds. The doctor told me I was doing well, my stomach is a little sore and the port site is sore other than that I think I am doing well. But boy aren't I hungry, I been feeling like I was starving. I meet a lady in the waiting room that was banded the day before me and she said that she was taking a little chicken and stars Soup and I couldn't wait to get home and try it. It was absolutely wonderful, I only ate about 60 cc the stars are so small you could almost swallow them but that was the best thing I have had in seem like a long time now. I am also eating pudding and my doctor told me I could have an egg next week, boy aren't I ready for it. I took my pain medication every four hours the first couple of days and then stretched it out to 6-8 hours until it was gone. Now I am virtually pain-free. Now I have been having quite a bit of diarrhea but that may be due to all the apple juice I have been drinking, but I have not had any gas pain. I burp on occasion and that is a little uncomfortable. But I am so excited about one day being below 200 pounds. I get my first fill January 26th.

Before surgery I exerised very little except for walking. Love to swim but I don't have a private pool so I didn't do it much because I hated the stares. Even though I pertended I didn't see them.:huh2: I also had excerise induced asthma not to mention my back and ankles hurt like heck.

Lapbandgirl4life I would love to share this journey with you.

My weigh on the day of surgery was 338 and today I am 331. Please share the exercises, I was trying to figure out what would be best besides walking.

On my laptop gotya figure out this ticker thing, maybe I need to copy link from my desktop to here:unsure:

Until later ladies. Congrat on the approvals it was the most exciting day of my life!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi All, i think I qualify for this group. Was just over 60 BMI when I went to the surgeon in the summer. :laugh: Lost 30 # prior to surgery, and another 12 since. It's coming off slower, now .:hurray:

Hi All, i think I qualify for this group. Was just over 60 BMI when I went to the surgeon in the summer. :) Lost 30 # prior to surgery, and another 12 since. It's coming off slower, now .:tongue_smilie:

Hey Sue,

WTG keep up the great work! Trust me it does come off a lot slower as you go along BUT it does come off! I LOVE my band and yes it's a very slow lose BUT it's better then a gain!

Good Luck to you!