Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You should probably ask your nut or doctor, but I have seen others who say that's what they've eaten. I think that most of them strained it though or requested that it be made without the egg (apparently not an uncommon request).

I plan on getting some hot & sour Soup and straining it. YUM!

I just realized that we're going to be banded the same day!! Congrats!

Hot & Sour Soup is a little spicy, not too sour. It has a very nice flavor. It usually contains mushrooms, pork, tofu, egg, & bamboo shoots. It's delicious and I love it.

I notice on here that so many different people can have different diets, it sucks that some can still eat. Im on day 6 of this diet and its really killing me, Ive done good so far. Im just wondering if egg drop Soup could be considered something that can go up a straw, or which ever, if I got the hot and sour soup I would have to blenderize it. Cause of all the things in it. But, to save the trouble maybe I will order egg drop or wanton and not eat the wanton. I dunno. Im just hungry. Its really good to have people that are going to be banded the same day. !!!!

I am on day 6 of my pre-op liquid diet and I agree - it's difficult! Actually, the hardest thing I have ever done. But, it was encouraging this morning when I got up, it was the first time since I started that I didn't wake up hungry. :-)

You could use the blender or just strain it and throw the solids away.

I'm one of the fortunate ones that are not required to the the pre-op diet, but I've actually put myself on one just so that I don't go into shock after the surgery. I'm doing the 2 Protein shakes a day and Protein and veggies for dinner. I'm starting tomorrow. I hope and pray that I'm not super hungry. I don't do well with hunger....which is probably why I've wound up where I'm at now :laugh:

Oh, I have to say I'm envious of you, even though a liquid diet must really get tedious. I am anxiously waiting for my insurance paperwork to be submitted and get my approval. LeslieR041906 - who is your doctor in Charlotte? I've gone through my pre-surgical evaluation with Dr. V. Hang in there - I'm sure you'll find it worth it.

Oh, I have to say I'm envious of you, even though a liquid diet must really get tedious. I am anxiously waiting for my insurance paperwork to be submitted and get my approval. LeslieR041906 - who is your doctor in Charlotte? I've gone through my pre-surgical evaluation with Dr. V. Hang in there - I'm sure you'll find it worth it.

I was going with Dr. V. But, when they made my appt, he had no immediate appts. So Im with Charlotte Surgical, And dr. Lowe.

And for those of you on the liquid diet. Egg drop Soup will not strain, and eating it will make you feel sick, especially if youre in day 6 of the liquid diet. GOD I hope I havent hurt myself. I feel really bloated. I guess I let the hunger and desire get to me. My pudge in my belly was gone until I ate the soup.

I am on day 2 of my pre-op diet today. I had 3 servings of sf Jello, 2 EAS(?) shakes and a scoop of Isopure powder. I have also been chewing sf gum, which is making me burp, but I need to chew something. I cheated this evening and ate a wedge of Laughing Cow Lite cheese. Tomorrow I'm back to work and it should be easier for me. How long does it take for the hunger pain to go away?

My doctor does not require an all liquid pre-op diet, only high Protein, low carb, but I am thinking of doing the all liquid anyway. Do those of you who are doing the all liquid think that would be a mistake?

kathy im with you. My doc doesnt' require any pre-op diet but im going to go to liquids the last 7 days before surgery just so my body doesn't go in to serious shock after surgery.

To be honest guys, it doesnt sound like all that bad of and idea to go on liquids, but as I have been told on here plenty of times, just ask your doctor if that is the best thing to do. But, let me tell you, you may recover a lot easier if you were on the liquids.

As far as the hunger pains, well, I have them every now and then, but, I drink Water, and things like that. Or if I get hungry, I eat sf Jello or pudding, broth, something just to tame the beast. But my biggest complaint is the cravings. Those wont go away, cause Im so used to eating those foods. One day, I want meat, like fish or chicken. Then Pasta, then pizza then yesterday I wanted and needed bread. But that too will pass. And it did. Im on day 8 now. Its hard, but Im down 12 lbs. Stick to what youre doing, but if youre wanting to do the liquids, just ask first, cause there is a lot that goes with it. High Protein and taking a multi Vitamin. Good luck:wink2:

Hello everyone,

Today I am on my day 6 of my liquid diet and I was doing so well till this weekend. On friday I had some of the chicken noodle Soup that had veggies. The calories on it were the same as two shakes. And then yesterday I had two pieces low calorie/low carb bread. Now I am feeling really bad. But today is a new day and I am at work so that makes things easier. I have 7 more days till I am banded. And my pre op is tomorrow, I pray everything goes ok and I didnt mess up my surgery date.

Hello everyone,

Today I am on my day 6 of my liquid diet and I was doing so well till this weekend. On friday I had some of the chicken noodle Soup that had veggies. The calories on it were the same as two shakes. And then yesterday I had two pieces low calorie/low carb bread. Now I am feeling really bad. But today is a new day and I am at work so that makes things easier. I have 7 more days till I am banded. And my pre op is tomorrow, I pray everything goes ok and I didnt mess up my surgery date.

My pre op is tomorrow too. Thats why I only could have egg drop soup on Saturday. But, dont feel so bad. I felt terrible after I had the egg drop soup. But, to be honest, they said strain what I could, and not one bit of it would strain. So I drank it up. I could taste the salt, and it was a lot. But, Since that day I have been strict with my diet, and have done everything possible not to stray. Im so happy with myself although, Im starving. Just remember that this diet is for your liver. The smaller your liver, the better the surgery will go. Call your doctor and ask them if what you done was bad. Well of course, that is what I would be doing, cause, I worry too much. I was craving bread yesterday, too. Im glad I didnt eat it cause it takes so long to digest. Or so I have heard. Anyway, good luck!