Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in July?

Hi,

Just banded on July 2 and everything went smoothly. Came home from hospital yesterday, July 3. I am very sore, but I can't say it's pain, just soreness. Happy to report that I am doing well and I am very happy with my decision to have the lapband. Good luck to you all!

PJ, my Dr. wants me to lose 12LBs. first because he said that it shrinks the liver, and makes surgery easier. They still blow-up the stomach with CO2 for the surgery to get the liver out of the way/view...but every little bit helps I guess.

I was banded July 2nd. It went well. Woke up with EXTREME nausea, throwing up etc... NOT pleasant. But it subsided and Iam doing pretty good. The liquid phase isn't so bad, not missing food like I thought I would. My dr only does liquid phase for 3 days so tomorrow I start pureed/mushy. I can't tolerate Jello so Iam not sure if I can tolerate anything tomorrow. I plan on starting out on my Protein drinks. I've already lost 7 1/2 lbs! Pain is minimal. My left shoulder is really hurting from the trapped gas. Other than that I feel great. Iam so happy with my decision.

I will keep you informed.

annabella...question for you! What do you experience when throwing up? Just curious about that...somethin thats been on my mind....

Josh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

event.png

Band Date: July 9th, 2008

Insurance: Medica

Current Weight: 299 lbs.

Goal Weight: 190 lbs.

Only a few more days and I will have breaken this curse that has haunted me!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE JULY BANDSTERS!!

Hi Josh, Nothing came up b/c I had been on a liquid diet for 24 hrs prior to surgery and nothing by mouth for 12. I went through the motions of course. My incisions hurt afterward from the pressure of throwing up but that was about it. It did bring me relief from the nausea although it was only temp. My nausea lasted all day unfortunately. Iam now 3 days out and feeling great except the shoulder pain which will go away, eventually. Its not bad if you happen to get the dry heaves as I did. GOOD LUCK!!! Keep us informed Josh. OMG you only have 4 more days!

Well folks we had a Pre-Op Meeting on Thursday (7/3/2008) we cleared to light this candle and embark on a journey of a life time. Start the 10 clear liquid tomorrow, on the menu is ice tea with SF Jello and 5 count them 5 Protein shakes, so many flavors to choose from. I think breakfest is going to be strawberry kiwi with Orange for lunch, we will see what dinner brings.

Hang in there guys we chose this road....

Hi everyone -

July 28 is my procedure date! Begin pre-op liquids on 14th, have a mandatory pre-op class on the 17th. meet with surgeon on 22, and primary doc on 23rd. Excited!

I have been doing 20 minutes a day on treadmill for last three weeks! Life is good and is going to get even better! Congrats to all of you who have had or are scheduled to have procedure in JULY!!!

TAD

I had my surgery July 3rd so I'm on my first day of "full liquids" -- according to my dr's diet plan I can drink Soups, Protein Drinks, yogurt drinks and even watered down cream of wheat! Not really hungry today though. Not like day after surgery or even yesterday. I'm down about 21 pounds since I started my pre-op diet. I'm not really in pain just some minor discomforts -- the big incision is "tight" so I can feel it but I wouldn't call it pain. The shoulder comes and goes. I've done some walking -- the last few days have been perfect for walking. I've had a few hic-ups and was able to burp without too much problem. I'm tired but it could be that I took some codeine in the middle of the night to help me sleep better. I think it's making me drowsy today so I'm going to try and stay off it today and tonight.

Good luck to those are getting banded this month!

d

Dazzle, your body has been through a lot. It has every right to be tired! Go ahead and rest, you probably need it.

Hugs,

Orea

Hi there!!!

I am scheduled forJuly 8 in Detroit...am all ready. Not enjoying the preop diet but know that itwill be good in thelong run. Worst part is the quitting smoking...am doing it but....well a friend told me, things are often times hard before they get easy!!!

Good luck to all in July!!!

Hello jersey boy, congrats on getting approved!! I am schedule for my band on aug 15th. Question how much out of pocket are you spending?

My doctor, Dr. David Kim, put me on Optifast shakes for 3 weeks prior to surgery. Since I have diabetes, he wants my liver reduced, as we both wanted a successful surgery. I see him July 7th and then go to a pre-op meeting at the hospital. I will see him again on July 16th, I guess to make sure I am still a go, as my surgery was to be on July 14th.

I was at 300 lbs when I seen him, last Friday, June 27th. I have been on the shakes since last Tuesday and am down to 289 as of last night, 291 this morning! I haven't experienced any hunger pains. I get to drink 5 shakes a day, but have only managed 4. I also drink Water, sugar-free lemonade and tea. I crave something warm! :thumbup:

I am not insulin dependent and have always kept my BS down. I am in hopes that will prove to be a benefit. I have no BP issues either.

I would imagine the post surgery will feel a like like my gall bladder surgery. That was a cake walk, compared to my bi-lateral knee replacement! :biggrin2:

I will cross my fingers for you!!! July 8...a good day to start over!!! Hope all goes well. I am not enjoying my liquids today, but after I took my before pics last night (in my underwear) I have a little more motivation today. Didn't realize that I had gotten that big!!! Congrats to you and to everyone in July.