Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in July?

Hi Guys:

If you are not on this list please let me know.

Can you add me to the 25th next time you update? I don't want to reprint the entire list here. Hope you are feeling well!!

I'm glad that your surgery was a success Doedoe1961! Thanks for letting us know how you feel too afterwards. I was wondering myself, since I'm scheduled for 7/24. Good luck!!!

Well, I'm banded!!! A little sore today but not bad. I had the upper GI prior to surgery which was clear but when he got in there I had a hernia, which he repaired. Dont know all the detail cause hubby didn't ask. Glad it over and ready to get started on new life!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE OTHERS

So, the soreness isn't all that bad?? I'm glad to hear that! I keep telling myself that, if I can have a baby, I can do this surgery!!:thumbup:

I had my surgery yesterday and I'm doing pretty good. I took the prescribed pain killers and GasX yesterday but haven't needed it yet today. The doctor's office just called to make sure everything was going fine and I told them I felt pretty good. I little sore in the shoulder and a tiny bit of discomfort (I wouldn't necessarily say it was pain) in the larger incision.

Some people on the forum say Day 2 is sometimes more sore than Day 1 so that may occur but it's early Day 2 for me. I'll go for a walk and take my GasX but won't do too much too fast. I'm off work until Monday so I have plenty of time to recuperate. I'm less hungry today compared to yesterday but am looking forward to some broth and Protein Shake tomorrow!

d

Surgery was Tuesday by Dr. Aceves, came home last night. Let me begin by giving kudos to Dr. Aceves and his magnificient staff and hospital. If anyone has any doubts abouts going to Mexico to Dr. Aceves please email me. I've been a nurse for 24 years now and never have I seen such an imaculate hospital. Dr. Aceves and his staff are awesome. After surgery I was visited by Dr. Aceves and his assistants several times throughout the day. In the states you wouldn't see your surgeon until the next day! If you had problems the PA may call the nurse back (please don't impose on the MD).

As for the surgery, it went well. I too had a hiatal hernia that was repaired during the procedure. Only complaints is gas, other than that all is well. I'm struggling to get my fluids in because I have no appetite. I hope that doesn't return (wishful thinking). Looking forward to being a normal size again!!!

LOTS OF NERVOUS EXCITEMENT. TIME IS FLYING BY. GOT INSURANCE APPROVAL THIS WEEK. TAKING ECO ON JULY 15TH AND FINAL PRE-OP VISIT ON 22ND.

BEST WISHES TO ALL!!:thumbup:

Sounds like July is a good month to have your surgery since those of us who have posted updates are all having very good experiences with little pain! Day 3 after surgery for me and while I'm a bit sore and still kindof feel like I was hit by a VW Bug (vs. a bus) am amazed at how well I'm recovering. First day I'm actually thirsty and my brain is a little more functional. Haven't yet posted my surgery day story but will eventually. Hapy 4th all!

Updated July Butterflies

1 wsw27

1 tillydog

1 doedoe1961

1 staylucid

1 mygirlayanna

1 eisermanr7

1 rdk211

1 Mrs J.J

2 minidriver

2 slim2be

2 BethO

2 mrsgriffin2u

2 trudeip

2 Barbiek

2 annabella

2 SanDiegoSusan

2 anita reyna

2 jjenkins2411

2 Hollins2003

3 BigBander

3 scoutmama

3 2GoodDogs

3 kimlam

3 dazzle1

4 joiful

7 ginnyc

7 AmyWA

7 Redheada

7 Busybee

7 Barb12590

7 clusk

8 blaze 21

8 Louisville Lesa

8 zeama

8 cinda

8 JaJeanne

8 innwtitdtity

8 knd

8 Dtobe175ish

8 colacoca

8 Mommy,ArmyWife

9 Sarv

9 MarylandMommy

9 siouxsie Sioux

9 Rivieramaya05

9 lalaredd

9 flowers

9 kmorrow27

9 AliNSanDiego

9 j holm07

10 sallen21

10 Goobe

10 2Blite4life

10 melmel

10 Fancy Nancy

10 vannie

10 77Shell

10 wstone

10 mac281

11 falloons

11 melallot

11 lbevilacqua

13 OvrLvl

14 MaidMarion

14 Chellets

14 pbpunisher

14 mrsjones0728

15 Fearless55

15 Flowerpurr

15 pschmolle

15 perfectforme

15 azoreangal

16 eyespy

16 lisainbohemia

16 lotzasunshine

16 SciTeach

16 lynlynkr

16 michkor

16 jomomma

16 Charlene K

16 nanaislosingit

16 aclubb

17 3m’smom

17 tnag86

18 toogoode4u

18 CapitolChick

18 azbanded

18 PDXBandster

21 clayverde

21 PennyLane

22 TeriVA

22 kimaly

22 lleighton5

22 Choromom

22 annesan

22 moocatschade

22 Maudie

23 BABOOMER

23 shellbell99

23 Ellie’s mom

24 nyllrap

24 linksmom

24 lisadental

24 frypan

24 getthin

25 Kiki220

25 Nachtigall

25 losing it!

25 countrygirl0767

25 afw

28 splfrd

28 mamanmidwife

29 Cherub

29 Jersey Boy

29 zillyanne

29 mickey123

30 orea15

30 angie61

30 mich

31 healthysue

31 skinnyme52

I'm banded! Just home from the hospital and everything is okay!

My surgery date is Aug. 4th. I go July 18th for my pre op appt with Surgeon. I noticed someone mentioned they have to lose 12 lbs by surgery date. Why is that?

My surgery date is Aug. 4th. I go July 18th for my pre op appt with Surgeon. I noticed someone mentioned they have to lose 12 lbs by surgery date. Why is that?

I went through nutrition classes for three months and had to stay on a 1400 a day diet and also journal it for insurance approval. Now I am on a Liquid Protein pre-op diet for two weeks till my surgery date. I believe it makes the surgery easier. I am scheduled for July16th.