Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banding Monday ... How am I supposed to feel????

I have so many thoughts going through my mind......<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

If I am fabulous now what’s going to happen a year from now?<o:p></o:p>

Is this feeling, scared or anxiousness?<o:p></o:p>

Is my liver still too big?<o:p></o:p>

Will there be any complications?<o:p></o:p>

What if he has to cut me open?<o:p></o:p>

It's finally here and I don't know what I am supposed to feel. I know I need to clean before I head out Monday morning, need to grocery shop, and I need to calm down somewhere between here and Monday. I can't even say it's being excited. I am now starting to question if I really want this surgery. But, I keep reminding myself of my risks for cancer being morbidly obese (considering both my parents had cancer) and just being unhealthy all these years. I appreciate everyone's updates on their progress and step by step details on how their surgeries went. <o:p></o:p>

My thoughts are all over the place and normally a candy bar, ice cream, or a DRINK does the trick. Unfortunately, it’s time for change and I am now working on another vice to calm my nerves. Because obviously those aren’t helping my situation, aside from being on the low carb diet they aren’t an option anymore. Well, I’d be lieing if I said I am not going to have my spirits here and there.

Anyway, Please put me in your prayers as I will be banded on June 2nd @ 12:30pm

Thankssssssssssss :(

Edited by HF2008

Everything you are feeling is completely normal. I did the same thing. I asked myself "Have you lost your mind??? You are going to have a foreign body placed inside you...What's up with that???"

Then I thought about my family... I want to see my grandchildren grow up, graduate from college and get married. Well honey, that's gonna be along time from now and if you don't change your life, it ain't gonna happen... Soooooo guess what? I took a long deep breath and got it together.

You need to do the same thing. Think about where you want to be 20 years from now. Will you be healthy?? If you stay as you are now will you even be here?????? You are young and have your whole life to live so live it healthy... Besides Monday is my birthday so that is a good sign... Good luck and you will be in my prayers.

Teresa

What you're going through is normal. You'll do great on Monday so make sure you post and let us know how you're doing once you feel better.

Everything you are thinking about is the same as I did. I was banded may 23, 08. But the more I thought about the rest of my life,the more I didn't want to weigh what I did or even more. That for me was my answer. I wasn't happy with me and if what it was starting to do to my body. Two months ago I was told I had high blood pressure and my left knee was now bone on bone. The weight needs to come off for a better future. Good luck and I will be thinking good thoughts for you..

hi to you. best wishes for your surgery. all you are feeling is normal. there is no right or wrong way to think. I too felt strange, like i wasnt goign to hospital cos i was sick, nor was i having a baby! but I did say to myself this is gonna hurt, but IM strong and there will be pain medications, its only for a few days, and I CAN DO THIS. This is the first day of the rest of my (NEW) life!

it will all be worth it, i Promise.

write back and let us know how youre going. this group is so supportive, i couldnt have managed without it.best wishes

Oh, I am right there with you. I'm being banded on Tuesday and I know I'm in a mix of nervous and excited. I really just want to get it over with. I'm scared that something might go wrong, but I'm trying not to worry about it too much. I also have got a million things to do before Tuesday. I cleaned half of my house top to bottom this week and will attempt to clean the other half within the next 3 days. I've got to go shopping and make plans for who is taking me where and when. I'm still not regretting my decision yet, but I don't truly believe I'm doing this. I won't believe it until I'm strapped to the OR table. It's just not real for me yet. I'm sure sometime soon (after surgery), I'll have that "Oh crap, what have I done?!" moment. I'm working right up to the day before, so at least work will keep my mind off it (somewhat) for 8 hours a day. Anyway, I'm rambling now, so just know you're not alone. Good Luck on Monday!:(

you'll be just fine. its normal to feel nervouse and scared anytime you have a procedure done. just think of what you've done to get to this point and where you'll want to be in the next few years. don't worry and good luck!