Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frangipani & TexasBecky get Reconstructed

Hi ladies!!

Becky - you are doing great!! I have been doing a bit of research and you had one hell of a procedure done! I give you so much credit for even doing it. I am sure the more you move in the end the easier it will be.

Frangi - you are a wild one!! Please make sure you don't over do it. You wouldn't want any kind of set back now.

Enjoy your weekend!! Becky, if I lived close by I would do your gardening for you. Because of you my yard and patio look lovely with all the planting I did!!

Jody, get yourself down here. My garden needs you. The weeds are thriving while I'm recuperating! Seriously, I hope I don't lose my tolerance for the heat by the time I am able to get back to the gardening, because it is sure heating up around here. It is such great exercise and I find it relaxing. I'm also one who loves instant gratification in all areas. You can always see the results of a little work in the garden. I guess it's also a test of patience and faith too when you plant something and wait for it to grow or bloom. Gardening is just a nice balance of things that are good for us.

As is shopping! Maybe not, but I love it too and can't wait to return to that as well. Shopping is of course great exercise, and you get to do it in the air conditioning! Frangi, are you out at Stein Mart again? I'm glad you are enjoying your time in Miami. I'd have never expected you'd be able to squeeze so much activity in with major surgery. I might agree with your doctor. Maybe you are from another planet, lol.

I saw my doctor today and he took out all of my drains. Yipee!Defininately cause for celebration. I didn't want to get my hopes too high, but what a thrill to get them out. He said eveything looks great and he will not need to see me again until June 30.

That's it for now. Becky

Fran and Becky! Congratulations ladies on the transformations! I am glad you are both feeling better!

Becky I have to say I am so jelous of those hot legs baby! WOO HOOO!

Fran--you are a rock star sister for sure!

Thank you so much BBK. Being called a Rock Star from a Super Rock Star is a real compliment I must say!!!!

As is shopping! Maybe not, but I love it too and can't wait to return to that as well. Shopping is of course great exercise, and you get to do it in the air conditioning! Frangi, are you out at Stein Mart again? I'm glad you are enjoying your time in Miami. I'd have never expected you'd be able to squeeze so much activity in with major surgery. I might agree with your doctor. Maybe you are from another planet, lol.

I saw my doctor today and he took out all of my drains. Yipee!Defininately cause for celebration. I didn't want to get my hopes too high, but what a thrill to get them out. He said eveything looks great and he will not need to see me again until June 30.

That's it for now. Becky

OMG Becky -- you know me too well!!!! Scary!!!

I did run up north to Boca (and Stein Mart) today.

I also went to a fantastic wine store in downtown Fort Lauderdale and picked up a bottle of fancy french champagne for each of my doctors.

I wasn't sure what to get them, but I wanted to do something nice and you can't go wrong with a nice bottle of champagne right? They were both SO wonderful. The plastic surgeon came to see me twice a day and the GYN Dr. actually went out of his way to do my surgery at a hospital he doesn't usually use -- so I figure they both deserved a nice gift. I researched it quite a bit online and found something very highly rated, but just a little bit unusual and not found everywhere -- so I hope they enjoy it.

I made a few other stops as well so yeah, I've been around today. Tomorrow I promise to take it a little easier.

Karey, I took your suggestion and bought a $30 DVD player at Best Buy before my surgery and it has been wonderful!!! I brought some movies with me that I've been meaning watch for sometime, and have been thoroughly enjoying myself. Thanks again for the wonderful suggestion!!!!

Becky I am SO JEALOUS that you had your drains removed. These drains are starting to annoy the hell out of me!!! I hope mine will be removed on Monday.

Well, my back is starting to hurt again from sitting in this chair so I will sign off for now. I plan to watch the end of my movie and then go to bed.

Have a great night everyone!!!!

Thank you again for your posts and updates.... they are such a delight to read!

Frangi, you are amazing! To be so energetic and upbeat after all that you have been through... just wow. I hope you continue to heal at this amazing rate and that your drains come out soon.

Becky, like everyone else has said... holy moly! Those are some seriously incredible thighs!!! ha cha cha!!! (I think that is a Texas saying too). I'm sorry they are so painful but dang, if I get to vote I say they were totally worth it!

Keep getting well ladies :redface:

Good Morning! I slept so much better last night without those drains. They were just constantly in the way and I was always worried about them getting kinked or pulled out.

I am also on strictly over the counter pain meds now. I'm taking some Advil during the day and Tylenol PM at night and doing just fine. I wouldn't say that I'm pain free just yet, but it is manageable at this stage without heavy duty drugs. Truth is, if the heavy duties didn't have some negative side effects for me, I'd probably still be taking them. I do prefer to be a little more comfortable and carefree, and Percocet will definately keep you that way, LOL.

Frangi, I just knew you were out there blowing and going yesterday. If I felt up to it I would be too, so I really can't scold you too much. Although I don't believe you will, I agree that you should really try to rest today and tomorrow. You want a good report and drain removal on Monday.

I think the champagne is a lovey gesture that your docs will really appreciate and another indication of what a thoughtful person you are. My doctor will have to buy his own damn champagne. I think he is wonderful too, but he has been more than fairly compensated by me and will no doubt make another bundle when I go for round two. He should buy me a bottle of nice French champagne, lol.

BBK, ditto to what Frangi said. Getting a compliment from the LBT Queen is very flattering.

Cori, thanks for your vote on the thighs. I keep repeating the mantra, "they were worth it, they were worth it".

Ok, I did have one rough moment yesterday. Since the surgery, I've only worn workout type pants with elastic waist or drawstrings. After I got my drains out yesterday I came home and was going to put on a pair of shorts. They are a size 10 and I was wearing them before my surgery just fine. They would not even come close to buttoning! I was horrified and thought these must have shrunk so I tried on my size 10 jeans and had the same results. I almost cried. I had not weighed since my surgery, so in a panic I went for the scale. My weight is actually down a couple of pounds. Thank God. It must be the swelling, right? I knew I was swollen, but holy cow. My pants seem to be two sizes too small in the waist. Now I've read everybody elses exciting stories about post surgery shopping and smaller clothing sizes, so what is the deal? The doctor removed 7 pounds of excess skin from my abdominal area. Even with swelling, shouldn't my pre-surgery clothes at least fit?

I hope its a great day for everyone. I'll we watching closely for some replies about my tight pants. Becky

I'm reading this after your surgery dates. How are you doing? I was banded on May 7, 2008 and have lost 22 pounds. How were you able to lose steadily. Any words of wisdom. I have stuck strickly to the diet plan. I've only been eating real food for about 2 weeks.

Thank you again for your posts and updates.... they are such a delight to read!

Frangi, you are amazing! To be so energetic and upbeat after all that you have been through... just wow. I hope you continue to heal at this amazing rate and that your drains come out soon.

Becky, like everyone else has said... holy moly! Those are some seriously incredible thighs!!! ha cha cha!!! (I think that is a Texas saying too). I'm sorry they are so painful but dang, if I get to vote I say they were totally worth it!

Keep getting well ladies :)

Thank you so much Cori!!! And thank you for all of your kind comments and support. The delightful thing about all of this has been connecting with such incredibly nice people (like you :smile:) through this thread!!!

Good Morning! I slept so much better last night without those drains. They were just constantly in the way and I was always worried about them getting kinked or pulled out.

I am also on strictly over the counter pain meds now. I'm taking some Advil during the day and Tylenol PM at night and doing just fine. I wouldn't say that I'm pain free just yet, but it is manageable at this stage without heavy duty drugs. Truth is, if the heavy duties didn't have some negative side effects for me, I'd probably still be taking them. I do prefer to be a little more comfortable and carefree, and Percocet will definately keep you that way, LOL.

Frangi, I just knew you were out there blowing and going yesterday. If I felt up to it I would be too, so I really can't scold you too much. Although I don't believe you will, I agree that you should really try to rest today and tomorrow. You want a good report and drain removal on Monday.

I think the champagne is a lovey gesture that your docs will really appreciate and another indication of what a thoughtful person you are. My doctor will have to buy his own damn champagne. I think he is wonderful too, but he has been more than fairly compensated by me and will no doubt make another bundle when I go for round two. He should buy me a bottle of nice French champagne, lol.

Ok, I did have one rough moment yesterday. Since the surgery, I've only worn workout type pants with elastic waist or drawstrings. After I got my drains out yesterday I came home and was going to put on a pair of shorts. They are a size 10 and I was wearing them before my surgery just fine. They would not even come close to buttoning! I was horrified and thought these must have shrunk so I tried on my size 10 jeans and had the same results. I almost cried. I had not weighed since my surgery, so in a panic I went for the scale. My weight is actually down a couple of pounds. Thank God. It must be the swelling, right? I knew I was swollen, but holy cow. My pants seem to be two sizes too small in the waist. Now I've read everybody elses exciting stories about post surgery shopping and smaller clothing sizes, so what is the deal? The doctor removed 7 pounds of excess skin from my abdominal area. Even with swelling, shouldn't my pre-surgery clothes at least fit?

I hope its a great day for everyone. I'll we watching closely for some replies about my tight pants. Becky

Becky LOL re the champagne comments!!! You are just to damn funny -- you silly girl :lol::lol::lol:

I'm glad to hear that you slept well last night. I can only sleep on my back, how about you? I tried sleeping on my side and the breasts would not tolerate it. It's really tough being large-busted I'll tell ya :redface::tongue::lol:!!!

Well I did get some rest today and also went out for a bit. I lounged around in the hotel room until around 1:00 and then went out to find myself a comfortable bra. The bra that they gave me at the hospital had to go -- it was starting to seriously chafe my skin.

Anyhow, now I know what size I am currently, I am a solid D cup. I assume that I will be closer to my preferred size (C cup) when the swelling goes down, but even if I were to remain in the D cup range, it wouldn't be the end of the world as it doesn't look as disproportionate with my body as I thought it would.

Right now my big issue is wanting to go to bed without a bra on. As you can imagine, sleeping with bra on is not very comfortable and I am going to ask the Dr. on Monday when I can quit wearing it to bed.

As far as the size 10 issue. I'm certain its just swelling. Before you know it you will be swimming in your size tens -- so don't fret.

I'm reading this after your surgery dates. How are you doing? I was banded on May 7, 2008 and have lost 22 pounds. How were you able to lose steadily. Any words of wisdom. I have stuck strickly to the diet plan. I've only been eating real food for about 2 weeks.

Hi Notsotinydancer,

Congratulations on losing 22 pounds so far -- you're doing great!!!!

My word of wisdom is to exercise hard and often. Not only will you turbo-charge your weight loss, you will feel great!!!!

Well you wonderful ladies, the back is starting to hurt again, but the night is still young. You might very well hear from me yet again tonight, but if not, enjoy your Saturday night everyone!!!! :smile::smile::smile:

Thank you both for posting your experiences! Just like the band- the more information people have prior to their own PS, the easier it will be mentally and hopefully, physically!

wishing you both a speedy recovery!

becky - your legs look AWESOME, truly they do!!

frangi - your such a trooper, seriously - can't wait till ya join the exercise threads again...

you ladies are special for sharing your experience.....cheers~~

Hi, its me again. This is day 10 post-op and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm naturally impatient and want so badly to feel like my normal self, but it is going to take time and there doesn't seem to be much I can do except let the necessary time pass.

I was up and around a good deal yesterday. My youngest son and his girlfriend are here for the weekend so I prepared a nice brunch and even felt up to making a lovely dinner. Actually enjoyed a couple of glasses of wine too since I'm off the Rx pain pills. So, as you can see, I am functioning, but not at my usual robust speed and energy level. I had to take lots of breaks to put my feet up and was exhausted by 9 pm.

Nightime is the hardest. It takes me a good while to settle into a comfortable position (yes Frangi, on my back only) and then God forbid I have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I get so stiff and sore after being in bed for a long time that it takes me time and great effort to get up and out of bed, to the toilet, and then try to settle back into a comfortable position. If I had good sense, I'd cut off the liquids early in the evening, but no, I carry my Water around all day and drink right up until I go to bed. Serves me right, doesn't it?

Frangi, I know those new boobs must look great. I'll be curious what your doctor says about the length of time you have to sleep with a bra. I'm feeling the same way about my binder - already sick to death of it and he wants me in it as much as possible for another couple of weeks. I'm wearing it about 22 hours a day. On Monday I discussed the importance of compression with my doctor. In his opinion, long term abdominal compression is very important if you've had a lot of Lipo with your surgery. In my case, he thinks a couple of weeks of compression will be fine and said there was no need for me to invest in an expensive garment. I'll be in this binder until I see him on the 30th for sure.

Thanks LJM. I hope you're right. I like Frangi's term "swell hell".

Thanks also Marjorie & Lulu. I didn't realize until this surgery just how much a few words of encouragement can help.

Doyle, strickly self pay for me. I didn't have legit medical issues from the excess skin, so I didn't even pursue insurance coverage.

Edited by TexasBecky

Becky: Your legs look wonderful! When I get the back side done the doc said that it will improve my legs immensely, but not so much the front legs. I don't know if he'll do the front at the same time. I would love to have the type of incision that you had and not the long incision. I'm going to lose the last 20 pounds and then will think about that. Seeing your drains reminded me of how much I need a braek from thinking about it, because I'm just not ready to have another surgery yet. I'm enjoying exercising again and feeling better. When I get really serious about it, I hope you won't mind if I pick your brain more closely! Thanks so much for sharing the pictures!

Frangi: You're a maniac! It's great that you're doing so well. Glad you liked the DVD idea! Just remember when you get home to act a little like an invalid or you won't get the pampering that you deserve!

Thanks Karey. I've missed you. Are you still in Montreal?

I understand the desire to wait on another surgery. I was thinking I'd want to go for round two ASAP. Not in such a hurry now.

Please tell me about your experience with the initial swelling. Did you see my comments about my pre-surgery clothes being so tight? Did you have this problem and if so, how long did it last? Thanks, Becky

You ladies have been more helpful than you can possibly know! Understanding the nitty gritty details of getting up and down, what clothes you can wear, what clothes you NEED to wear and how moving/shifting/lifting can be limited and restricted REALLY helps when thiking about and planning for surgery. Also knowing which procedures were most beneficial and which offer the best long term results, as well as which procuders go well together also makes planning and preparing much easier.

Frangi, you are just a delight and I thoroughly enjoy your exuberant personality and joie de vivre. I hope you continue to heal quickly and are able to have those drains removed tomorrow!

Becky, you make me smile :ohmy: After all that $$ pouring into the PS coiffers I doubt I'd be buying them champagne either, though it is a thoroughly thoughtful and sweet gesture. I remember you said you were doing a round two after the first set heals completely, but I don't remember which procedures you will have next? I never, ever thought about a thigh lift, but after seeing your wonderful results I'm really noticing how badly my thighs hang.... and I have another 40-50 pounds to lose!

So, bottom line, thank you ladies and prayers to you both for continued recovery.