Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Morning all!!

Last night I went to my local support group meeting. Found out a few things I didn't know. Alot of the things discussed were things I have learned from you guys. Thanks for that. Now to my preop diet. Holy cow. I am allowed 35g carbs and 35 g fat a day with no more than 1500 cal. The 1500 cal part is manageable but the low carb part i'm not so sure about. I had a chick-fil-a grilled ckn salad this morning with the berry balsalmic vinigrette. Just carb wise that is 35 carbs. Now I know my portion size is the issue but crap that sucks. Oh well it's only the rest of my life were talking about here. I really want to be around to enjoy it . GERONIMOOOOOOOO

Chris....you would be better off with no Salad Dressing than using up your entire daily carb intake in one shot. I know, I know....boring. I sometimes use a little salsa as a salad dressing. Janet has a dressing she uses. Think it is Bolt dressing. I have never seen it in our supermarkets and I do not know the carb content. A lot of companies have the individual packets of dressing you can carry with you. Walden Farms has a number of different zero cal dressings but high in sodium. Maybe one of the other girls has some suggestions.

I would say if you have to eat out, go more for the Proteins and veggies where you don't have to worry about dressings.

From your first post on here and following posts, you sound so determined to make this all work. Just by being on the board and asking questions it shows that you are very serious about all of this LB stuff. :smile2:

Edited by Apples2

Good for you Laura for going! I promise to join you in going when i get home from my travels which should end or slow down after next week.

Today i am getting a pedicure for Hawaii, a new 'do and cover the gray and new tires on my SUV gotta be ready for winter. Everyone else has the same idea and the tire place was super busy.

I weighed this morning and lost a pound in Maine, must've been all the lobster. Lol

DD just asked me to come to her ultrasound appt next week to find out if it's a boy or girl, so of course I am going

WELL THINK my car is ready sorry for the typos on my phone here

Great...Woohoo on the pound lost...and....on vacation besides. I sooooooooo cannot wait to have you post each and every pound till you get back to where you want to. You are on your way!!!

So lucky to be included in the ultrasound. What an exciting time for your family with the first granchild and hopefully more to come.

Julie....goodness....your wedding guests are going to have a lot of dessert choices. How many different kinds of bars are you making?

Just googled Bolt Salad Dressing and came up with nothing. Janet???? What is the name of your favorite that you are always recommending???? I think all of us would like to know and it might be something Chris could use.

Lori - your pictures should be in your mail box. All were mailed last week.

Good afternoon! Well, not so good.....fell off the wagon. I had cheetos here for Jakob.....ate some. They are gone.

Apples, I am going to boil me some eggs this eve for Snacks. Then I am making my mother chicken salad for tomorrow. Oh, my poor niece, she was released from the hospital this past weekend and still has not passed her kidney stone. She is in so much pain. My DS is taking care of the baby. Her breast milk is no good because of the pain meds. The baby doesn't like the formula, but too bad.....mother's milk is bad. Please pray she passes that stone.

Julie, wow, I had to do all of that, but it was twenty years ago. I don't think I could do all the wedding stuff now. Good thing my kids like running off to marry. I like doing weddings in Vegas. I will be praying for your health during this stressful time. I know her wedding will be beautiful and the food will be yummy.

Lori, Okay, I am jealous! Is that two or three Hawaiian trips in the last year? Really, have fun! And eat a ono, ono shave ice for me.

Tx, I know, pre op diets suck. The beginning is tough, but as you make it a lifestyle it will get better. Keep a low carb dressing in your truck so you can carry it in to the fast food places. I like Burger Kings salad with grilled chicken. Everything is separated so you can keep the cheese off. I think the salad is 12 carbs. if you have an iphone get the livestrong app. You can track your carbs. In fact there are a lot of apps to track your food and exercise. It is a big help to journal.

Arlene...you would think by now that your niece's doc would want to go up and get that stone or blast it. I laid for 9 days back in 1994, got transferred and they went up with the basket to get it. Nope, couldn't find it. Got home and the hospital called and said they missed three stones on exrays. Well, needless to say, went to a different hospital and they found three stones sitting in the V of a double uretur that I have. (Can't remember which side). Anything over 4 days, they should be thinking of another game plan. Stones can really wear a person down.

Damn Cheetos....no more to come into your house, Arlene. Remember, if they are a temptation or a trigger food....even if the grandkids like them, do NOT bring them anywhere near you. If you cannot stop with a couple of them, then don't buy them. Things like that are so not worth undoing the hard work you do on a dialy basis. Lecture for the day. Done. Love ya

Arlene...you would think by now that your niece's doc would want to go up and get that stone or blast it. I laid for 9 days back in 1994, got transferred and they went up with the basket to get it. Nope, couldn't find it. Got home and the hospital called and said they missed three stones on exrays. Well, needless to say, went to a different hospital and they found three stones sitting in the V of a double uretur that I have. (Can't remember which side). Anything over 4 days, they should be thinking of another game plan. Stones can really wear a person down.

Damn Cheetos....no more to come into your house, Arlene. Remember, if they are a temptation or a trigger food....even if the grandkids like them, do NOT bring them anywhere near you. If you cannot stop with a couple of them, then don't buy them. Things like that are so not worth undoing the hard work you do on a dialy basis. Lecture for the day. Done. Love ya

She is at the kidney dr right now. I think they will admit her again and put a stint in or crush the stone. Poor thing.

Okay, First A$$ chewing today......thanks! I need that tough love.

She is at the kidney dr right now. I think they will admit her again and put a stint in or crush the stone. Poor thing.

Okay, First A$$ chewing today......thanks! I need that tough love.

Just hate to see anyone undo the hard work. Those tasty, salty, non-nutritious treats and not worth it. If you really need to snack, open up a can of green Beans or stewed tomatoes. Speaking of opening a can...Janet is going to open up a can of whoop-A$$....I can just hear her now!:smile2:

Just hate to see anyone undo the hard work. Those tasty, salty, non-nutritious treats and not worth it. If you really need to snack, open up a can of green Beans or stewed tomatoes. Speaking of opening a can...Janet is going to open up a can of whoop-A$$....I can just hear her now!:smile2:

LOL.......Yep, Now I can hear your voices in my head right now!!! Now, who was it Janet chewed out at the table for ordering crackers? Oh, I remember......Joyce.

Well, our cool front is moving in tonight. My stomach knew that yesterday. I really think the Water aerobics is helping with the IBS. I am not hurting near as bad this year. Dr Davis said that I could stretch the adhesions with exercise. Speaking of my doctor ....he is speaking at the support group on Monday night. He is going to teach us how to make a healthy pizza. I think his wife is going to help him. I am going. I will get the recipe for us.

Arlene - I'm so proud of you. Commitment to journaling and exercise -- and confessions, knowing kick a$$ is coming. You rock, girlfriend.

Laura - great job on getting to gym - and loved the realistic description of how much FUN it was (not). lolol Well done.

Dental appt today and taking DGD out to dinner. with hubby.

Good afternoon, finally home after leaving just past 9 this morning. Got tires on my car, photos at costco, lunch, pedicure, haircut and colored, and back to costco as I saw when I was there this morning that after 3 they were doing flu shots and got that. Now just to pick up DH at airport tonight.

Joyce, now I know what all the picture references were for, I got mine in the mail today. Thank you so much, that was extremely thoughtful of you.

Arlene, Cheetos are they to you like Fritos are to me? Major red light danger food for me. I don't know how you and Julie do it with all the other baking and cooking you do either. Good job on fessing up though. Yep, I am going to Hawaii again, 3rd time this year. I've been telling DH that I am praying for lots of problems in Hawaii so he has to go often! DD is joining us this time.

In the posts I missed I read a lot of advise to our new guy about a Magic Bullet? What is that? Are those the Protein shot drinks you can buy?

Laura, good job on exercising when you didn't feel like it.

Dogs are like having kids - they are work and worry but they bring great joy and love into your like. Now that my DD is grown she doesn't let me baby her - the dog, on the other hand, loves to be babied. I love my dog. He is worth all the work, worry and love he gives me. Besides, he has become a fantastic jogging partner.

Sandy

Good afternoon, finally home after leaving just past 9 this morning. Got tires on my car, photos at costco, lunch, pedicure, haircut and colored, and back to costco as I saw when I was there this morning that after 3 they were doing flu shots and got that. Now just to pick up DH at airport tonight.

Joyce, now I know what all the picture references were for, I got mine in the mail today. Thank you so much, that was extremely thoughtful of you.

Arlene, Cheetos are they to you like Fritos are to me? Major red light danger food for me. I don't know how you and Julie do it with all the other baking and cooking you do either. Good job on fessing up though. Yep, I am going to Hawaii again, 3rd time this year. I've been telling DH that I am praying for lots of problems in Hawaii so he has to go often! DD is joining us this time.

In the posts I missed I read a lot of advise to our new guy about a Magic Bullet? What is that? Are those the Protein shot drinks you can buy?

Great...Magic Bullet is a small high intensity blender. It comes with many different sized cups that screw on and you can use them as your drinking cup. I have one and like it but use my blender more because when I make a Protein Drink I usually make one for DH also. Magic Bullet cup is not big enough for that.

How exciting. Hawaii again. McNuggets on the beach planned???:smile2:

Laura, good job on exercising when you didn't feel like it.

Dogs are like having kids - they are work and worry but they bring great joy and love into your like. Now that my DD is grown she doesn't let me baby her - the dog, on the other hand, loves to be babied. I love my dog. He is worth all the work, worry and love he gives me. Besides, he has become a fantastic jogging partner.

Sandy

And, would your DH wash your face for you???? Eat something you dropped on the floor???? Get a kick out of going to the mailbox with you???? Bring you a dead snake???? Drink out of the toilet???? :smile2: