Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Apples, Let me know how you like that powered PB. I look at that also & have been thinking about it.

Good luck cleaning your clothes, I know you will have fun doing it. ms organization at her best.

Laurak

Morning..... I don't have time to say much, but I did read.... I have to leave in 15 minutes and I'm not dressed yet... I have pain mgmnt doc today... I'm hoping for more trigger point shots..... Yesterday was a pretty good day and night... Hurray................

HUgs to all........... I'll try to be back later... Julie

I was not really hungry at all. Two week pre op. Surgery is on the 27. Can't wait!!!!!!!

Apples - Well how was it (pb powder)??? I am a pb eater - and would love to find lower calorie pb - to add to my occaissional shakes - I rather use those saved calories for something else..

Try it plain and let us know...

Sorry about the CC issues - my DS has had that happen - I'm lucky (knock wood) that it hasn't happend - and while in Vegas never used CC ;0) - cash but again I never shopped had I shopped then the cc would have come out ;0)

I wish I could change my closets - I'm ready for cooler weather - it's still in the 100's here - suppose to cool off next week - I have boots I want to wear - and I'm not one to wear them in 80 degree temps :0)

In Ladies Home Journel this month (Nov) 12 ways to think yourself thinner

#1 Ban Diet from your vocabulary

#2 Don't make it about a dress size (or pants for Chris ;0)

#3 Be realistic

#4 Think twice before you drink (it's easy to convince yourself that liquid calories don't count - but they do)

#5 Don't swear off your fav food

#6 Expect imperfection - (if you eat badly let it go and make better choices next meal)

#7 Visualize your success

#8 Mind your Tablemanners (eat slowly - chew - etc)

#9 Be a picky eater (don't waste calories on foods you don't really enjoy) before you raid your coworkers candy drawer stop and ask yourself - is this a special musht have indulgence or could i eat it any time - would I rather spend my calories on something else - you may realize that the candy isn't a must have after all

#10 Don't indulge a craving the minute it strikes

#11 Avoid preer pressure - gf order alfreado and you want to order fish - they egg you on say oh it won't hurt - go ahead - stick to your plan

#12 Ditch the put downs - Postitive affirmations - talk postitively to yourself - quit saying I can't do it..

Your daily healthy fact report from your Janet... This may have come from a magazine - but you all know this is what I have been preaching forever

I'm going to add #13 - Exercise :0)

Apples, way to go on the new clothes. I bet you look awesome. & remember Janet's last post. (Ditch the negative put downs)

Glad to know about the PB I will look into it again.

LauraK

Janet - thanks for the list of tips regarding new life style -- love the reference to omitting DIET from our language and thinking.

Karen - hugs on 3 hr. dental appt - thank God only one remaining. Your teeth look wonderful.

Arlene - way to go on exercise. You inspire me.

TXR - the pre-op is challenging. After day 3 it became easier for me. You are dedicated to this change, easy to see.

Karen - please list that PB substitute again. I'll buy it on Amazon, with your recommendation.

Julie - good luck with doctor today.

Jodi - sorry you had to miss your exercise, but your time giving that mom a chance to eat while you stayed with her son in hospital, is priceless.

Karen - forgot to mention, great shopping for skinny jeans and boots. Bet you look sexy in them.

So far so good today. 2 hb eggs and yogurt for Breakfast. Sf Jello mid morning. Smoked turkey lunch meat and a slice of provolone cheese. Still not really hungry. Wild to see how little food it really takes to get me through the day. I have a salad planned for dinner with some smoked turkey pieces a few pomagranate pieces and a really good Salad Dressing I found. 25 cal 2 fat 4 carbs per 2T. Which is all I need anyways...

Chris

It is the kraft light balsalmic vinegrette. I packed my salad in a large bowl so I can add my dressing and then shake it to death. Coat lettuce better that way.

Chris - #1 rule when you find something that taste good and is low calorie - you gotta share the brand ;0) !!!!

I am a ranch person - I like the Bolthouse Yogurt Ranch 80 cal per serving (I don't count the other stuff) and it taste like regular stuff not the low fat kind that they fill up w/sugar to replace the fat..

You can add some more turkey & cheese if you get hungry this afternoon - and put on your salad..

Yep - as I say most of our hunger issues are really in our heads and not in our stomachs

Yep Karen - Preach it girl about the diet thing - It's what I have preached the most about since day one - I have not dieted - yes I watch my calories- but we must be aware of them to be healthy- hell even eating healthy you can still over do it in the cal department..

Skinny Jeans - Jodi got those DNKY in Vegas - I got a pair a while back (just like Jodi's) at marshalls for I think $24 - I got my reg size but they are full of the lyrca - haven't worn them yet - too hot -

I think legging are good on us older chicks as long as we wear longer tops - I swore a few yrs ago that I wouldn't wear leggings - that they weren't age appropreate - well - I'm eating my words - cuz 50+ can wear them - the just gotta make sure their tops are long enough ;0) -

Chris you are doing very well - Keep it up ;0)

Janet - thanks for the list of tips regarding new life style -- love the reference to omitting DIET from our language and thinking.

Karen - hugs on 3 hr. dental appt - thank God only one remaining. Your teeth look wonderful.

Arlene - way to go on exercise. You inspire me.

TXR - the pre-op is challenging. After day 3 it became easier for me. You are dedicated to this change, easy to see.

Karen - please list that PB substitute again. I'll buy it on Amazon, with your recommendation.

Julie - good luck with doctor today.

Jodi - sorry you had to miss your exercise, but your time giving that mom a chance to eat while you stayed with her son in hospital, is priceless.

Karen - forgot to mention, great shopping for skinny jeans and boots. Bet you look sexy in them.

Joyce - I can't beleive I never said that to you before - but very possible - no dieting - cuz what happens when you go off your diet - you go back to eating normal - then what happens - you gain the weight back -

Duh - our normal eating is what got us fat in the 1st place

It really is all about a lifetime lifestyle change in our eating habits - and till that sinks in your head - you are going to struggle - IMHO - cuz you are going to keep trying to going back to eating what we consider normal - and we all know what happens then..

It really is all about a lifetime lifestyle change in our eating habits - and till that sinks in your head - you are going to struggle - IMHO - cuz you are going to keep trying to going back to eating what we consider normal - and we all know what happens then..

I agree totally. My co driver at work keeps talking about things not being on my "DIET". I keep telling him that's crap. I'm not on a diet. It's about changing my life, not just what I eat. So many things I do revolve around food. I hate that. I know it will still be that way after the band to a point but for different reasons. Now it will be because I am trying to plan foods that are healthy and band friendly instead of whatever crap I can throw together.

The good thing for me is I do almost all the cooking in the house. So now I will have more control. From what we get at store to what is actually cooked for meals.

Thanks for that info. I will pass along to my wife

Tip of the day...I am listening to "The Doctors" on tv as I'm working around the house. They were talking about a natural pain reliever. OK...got it all figured out. Those of you that are suffering with your aches and pains...there's a simple solution. Peak your interest???? Scroll down....

You all need to have more sex. Yep...plain and simple solution.

Are you sure???? Don't tell my DH......I'm glad he doesn't watch the Doctors. lol

Well, I had to make your cake again. There is a lady in town with stage 4 breast cancer. They are having a benefit and auction for her starting tomorrow. She has small children. I also made one for Jakob because he did not get to taste it. My ex DIL loved it.

Congrats on buying skinny jeans. Yeah, I bet a long belted blouse or sweater will look great on you.

Janet.....thanks for posting the Home Journal tips. I agree will all of them.

Tx Chris......sounds like you are doing great by planning your meals. Keep it up!

Joyce......Thanks on the props for exercise. I did walk pup this morning and will walk this evening. I can't believe how much I enjoy exercising......that is really a lifestyle change.

Has Lori left for Hawaii?

Julie......I hope you continue to get relief. The big day will be here soon. HUGS and PRAYERS for you!

Eva......are you home yet???? Miss ya!

I think I will buy some of that PB stuff......gonna look it up now. later peeps!!!

I'm back....... my trip to Bismarck was good..... doc said just keep doing the tens and we'll check it again in a month... call if it gets worse again... And lots of pain meds....

Got all my other errands done.... I needed a new drivers license by next week so went to DOT..... The very first time in my life that I like my picture.... I don't look like a convict and the weight loss is very noticeable..... I love it...... DH was driving past as I got home... he was to the elevator with a truckload . elevator is by our house.... so he unloaded my car and that was wonderful..... I'm still doing quite well as far as pain goes... Keeping my fingers crossed....

I have been meaning to tell you all that the doctor who dumped me is gone from the clinic as of 9-21...... got a letter the other day from the clinic stating that she had left abruptly and to please reschedule any appointments with another of their doctores..... I think that whole thing was way more about her than it was about me... So I'm just letting that go...................

I need to go put away my purchases.... I didn't buy any clothes but I did get a great deal at the bread store... They were selling 5 gallon food grade buckets for $1... just what I needed for preparing food for the wedding anow.... I found it a lucky thing at just the right time... WTG Apples on your purchases..... I can't imagne you looking bad in anything, so am so glad you are happy...

Sorry for not talking to each one, but will have to catch up later.... I'm a bit tired and still have lots to do and then figure out something for supper.... Hope to talk to you all later.... Julie