Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Welcome back Apples....work? Did I miss a post? Did you finally break down and decide to work outside your businesses?

Welcome all you new people.

Anny, would you mind changing the color of your font...my eyes have a really hard time reading it...it's a little pale. Don't mean to offend you...but some of us have old eyes and it's really a strain to read the posts normally sometimes. You are certainly welcome here and jump right in...that's the best way.

Peaches and Kurby, same to you guys....post away, questions, triumphs, issues, gripes, gratefulness....we take it all.

My eyes are bugging me tonight....lots of computer time today. I have to meet a splicer in the field at 7am tomorrow, so it's going to be an early one for me in the morning.

Great....the sister that moved here last year from Alaska, bought a house, then hasn't been able to find a job that suits her. So now she's in Florida helping a friend of hers take care of her 5 year old autistic daughter....supposedly for pay, but I don't think that is happening. She is putting her house up for sale and is packing all the stuff and putting it in the closets and storage rooms until the house sells, then she'll move it to Florida or put it in storage or something...who knows. She told the other sister that lives in Phoenix that she didn't get the emotional support she expected from us (me and the sister and brother in Phoenix). But the expectation was one of us would be spending the weekend with her every week...we all have lives and she needs to figure hers out. She's never lived alone, at least not for the past 30 years, so she's figured out she doesn't like it. She's going to have to figure out what she wants and what she has to do to get it. I can't do that for her. I love her but don't do well with dependent people. The Phoenix sister is down here helping her with stuff. She goes home tomorrow and Lindsey flies back to Florida on Thursday.

So for the next 3 weeks, it's going to be hit and miss for me again. Saturday is another party that I'm cooking for, then Sunday will be a trip to Benson (need some camping supplies that are stored down there). Then next week I leave for Colorado on the 23rd. I'm driving with the dog so that should be an interesting trip.

Okay, off to bed for me...have a great evening everyone.

EVa

Eva, me too! I had cataract surgery three years ago and was supposed to see a lot better with these lenses. If was good for awhile, but now I have a little scar tissue on one of them and things are a little blurry. I am getting it zapped off on the 29th. So, gang, I can't see light colors too well or real small.

Anny, thanks for the color change....much better!! Looks like you a Phyl have some location similarities...that's pretty cool.

Charlene, I'm not brave enough to have my eyes zapped....good luck, I'm sure it will help a lot. My vision isn't terrible yet, I still don't wear glasses all of the time, but after being on the computer all day or reading books, I can't see very well. I have special computer reading glasses at work, but my eyes still get tired. Getting old isn't for wimps.

Need to get ready for work...have an early day today.

Later ladies,

Eva

Good Morning Chickies....

Early morning here. Not sure why, but saw 1:30 on the clock and up at 4:30. Slept good when I did sleep though. Guess I just didn't need the sleep. I am a lucky lady..usually sleep good. No aches or pains. Wish that some of you that are kept from sleep with aches and pains would be able to experience that. Anyway, I am sure I will be able to sleep tonight after being deprived last night.

LauraK...LET THAT COUGAR OUT OF IT'S CAGE!!!!

Janet...we experience tornados and have warnings every other day it seems like. I have no fear of them but would panice with an EQ. Was in one once when I was 21. Enough for me. No damage, just scared the hell.

Phyll...I'm with you on the name calling...even if it is in a loving manner. I was called "Ten Ton Tony" since I was a little baby and I'm 54 and still think back to that. Screaming, ranting and raving about what to eat and being put on diets since a tender age. Janet's way of just talking to GD is a positive. In fact, parents should just plain not feed garbage to their kids or have it in the house. So many kids have never had a meal of natural foods.

That Shih Tzu with no bark and is potty trained sounds like an ideal dog. All I know is that our DD (dear dog) provides a lot of loving and fills a void on this farm when the lonesome feelings hit. Gigi is an adorable puppy. That collar she is wearing reminds me of the dress I wore at my junior prom!

As far as that little job I'm taking...it's just one day a week and a very simple job. Just salon work as a receptionist. Even if it adds more for me to do in my life, I NEED the outside contact with ppl. Something I have missed so much since I sold my business. To me, my life is simple and somewhat boring. I used to work more than full time, do everything with my boys and also do what I do here. I sometimes feel like a pent up animal out here on this farm with no human contact. (Except for the months I live at the lake). I was put on this earth as a multi-tasker and my life seems like an easy one to me.

Still hoping it works to meet up on your drive accross country. When the time gets closer, we will visit on that.

Eva...sounds like you supply plenty of support for your sis. Not fair to get to a point in your life where you expect others to take care of filling up your life. Kinda have to take the initiative yourself to fill it up. I feel for her daughter if she moves to her area and she is expected to do that.

Sounds like you have some busy weekends ahead of you. Sounds like fun.

I am sooooooooooo wishing that the Vegas meet would work for me. But, DH needs me and not going to leave him without his extra "man" at the loading/unloading pit. Like I stated last week, will need to get closer to the time and see if we are actually in full swing of harvest and then make my decision. I would just get a room for myself (which I like anyway).

Better hit it. Still need to shower, fix lunch for my men (only 3 today), get deposits ready to go to bank, finish laundry. Going to go get beautiful today and have a nice visit with DS's GF who does my hair. I thought about chopping it off but friends have talked me out of it. I always think that the longer it is, the longer the face looks. Just will get the ends off. After appt. need to meet a friend for Protein Shakes at this great little shake shop in town, come home and pack for my little insurance trip and fun with friends at the conference. I am so excited about it. Have a couple of cute outfits to try on yet this morning to see how they look. I have to many clothes to choose from is what the problem is. Most of them come from a shop a friend of mine has and will be closing at the end of the month. He is selling every item (no matter what) for $5. Yesterday he went to his back room and brought of three really nice items he picked up for me at his last NY buying trip. This place of his is one of a kind items that are overstock. He hand-picks each item. I really hate to see his shop close. One of the dressy jackets he picked out for me still had the retail tags on it. $740 and he charged me $5. I bought 5 items (2 for my friend) and total was $25...I gave him $50. The 2 jackets I bought fit me to a tee and something I will have in my closet forever.

OK...rambling again. Gotta hit it! You all have a great day

Hi there, I'm still here.. been going on high most of the time... Can't remember where I left off with my news.... I think I told you the big meal is over and I was to the doc and she will refer me to Mayo....Saturday I made supper for friends before the one couple leaves for mayo and brain surgery for my friend.... It was fun to just sit and talk and laugh... Sunday was church and we had Mimi with us for that and Breakfast afterward at the cafe.... She's a pistol..... Then DH painted the remaining wall in the house but ran out of paint on the second coat... Got more yesterday.... Monday morning I had to take Mom to Bismarck for her shoulder surgery.... It went well, but she will be laid up for quite a spell.... I did bring her home again and she stayed at my house last night... Now we are at her house and waiting for Home Health Care lady to come..... Then I have to leave so I can get a few things done.... I have to get all the ingredients for homemade ice cream today in Bismarck..... may wait until evening so DH can go along and do the lifting..... Tomorrow morning will have help to mix all the mix and then Thursday we freeze the ice cream..... 14 batches..... Oh, its so good.... Friday I have to make pies.... Will do that the easiest way possible and still have homemade pies.... Have to do my mother's and my friend's too as they can't...... will be a busy time... Have to get the garage spit shined by Saturday morning and then the social is from 1-4 on Saturday.... Will ride on a trailer pulled by my pretty tractor in the parade on Saturday morning with my classmates and then finally Saturday evening I can sit and let someone else work..... Catered supper with classmates is at 6:00.....Nothing more planned after that for the summer...... Just the wedding to get finished......

I know you all worry about me and my pain and think that all I do makes it worse, but honestly, as long as I work smart I feel no different when I work than when I sit in my chair all day long.... It at least keeps my mind busy and I don't think about the pain.... The pain has tapered off again since the new stronger muscle relaxor..... So have been sleeping pretty well and no major pain attacks lately......

Now, I love you all and would love to comment on all I read, but the home health care lady will be here soon and I'd better stop for now... I welcome all the new gals and wish you lots of success... The rest of you dear ladies are so in my thoughts..... Maybe next week I can really catch up and be a part of things again..... Hugs and prayers for you all........... Julie

GRRRRRRRR............... I just wrote a long post with so much info in it and lost it..... I hate it when that happens... Now I have no time to retype it as the Home Health Care lady for my mother will be here soon..... I'll try to be back later...... Life is busy here and I'm okay..... Hugs to all.... Julie

Apples, Nope the cougar is still contained.

LOL! Unleash the beast!! HAHA!

Seems we've crossed paths or been in the same place at different times alot! I grew up in Southern Cali until I was 10 years old then moved to Marysville WA Graduated class of 1996 from Marysville Pilchuck and now im here. Cheektawaga is a common place we visit usually going to the Walton Gallaria Mall.

So I updated my ''story'' on here and added pictures and some info...

This is a very cool site im excited to be apart of it!

~Anny

Enjoyed reading your profile!

GRRRRRRRR............... I just wrote a long post with so much info in it and lost it..... I hate it when that happens... Now I have no time to retype it as the Home Health Care lady for my mother will be here soon..... I'll try to be back later...... Life is busy here and I'm okay..... Hugs to all.... Julie

NO... it didn't go away...it's there!

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!

Hi everyone, just checking in. DH did fine in his surgery, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

Phyl, that dog looks perfect -- think you should take the plunge -- i don't think you'd regret it. Earl will love it too.

Apples, have fun on your weekend trip -- wish I lived closer to get some $5 outfits -- wow!

Lori, I may have to go see Marm too - -looks cute. Maybe I'll take GD to it instead of DH. LOL.

Julie, glad you checked in -- sounds like you are doing okay. I know what you mean about the work not making you feel worse -- that's what exercise is for me too -- I feel sore if I do it and if I don't -- doesn't make any difference -- pain either way.

Well, gang, gotta run - busy here today.

I'll try to CBL.

Linda

Hi everyone, just checking in. DH did fine in his surgery, thanks for all the thoughts and prayers.

Phyl, that dog looks perfect -- think you should take the plunge -- i don't think you'd regret it. Earl will love it too.

Apples, have fun on your weekend trip -- wish I lived closer to get some $5 outfits -- wow!

Lori, I may have to go see Marm too - -looks cute. Maybe I'll take GD to it instead of DH. LOL.

Julie, glad you checked in -- sounds like you are doing okay. I know what you mean about the work not making you feel worse -- that's what exercise is for me too -- I feel sore if I do it and if I don't -- doesn't make any difference -- pain either way.

Well, gang, gotta run - busy here today.

I'll try to CBL.

Linda

I hope he continues a speedy recovery. God Bless!

Linda...happy to hear that DH did fine with surgery. Never fun.

Thought I would snap a few photos of some of my $5 finds. All brand new with original tags when I bought them.

First is a linen jacket. Those flowers around collar, down front and around sleeves are actually shell-like buttons.

Second is that jacket that had an original price tag of $740. Has the cutest satin pleated stand up collar and around sleeves.

Third...a coral and brown wrap skirt dress. Love, love, love it on.

Fourth...Bob Mackie silky/glittery tunic

Fifth....denim Liz Claiborne jacket. Metallic and bead embellishments on collar and sleeves:tt1:

Thought I would snap a few photos of some of my $5 finds. All brand new with original tags when I bought them.

First is a linen jacket. Those flowers around collar, down front and around sleeves are actually shell-like buttons.

Second is that jacket that had an original price tag of $740. Has the cutest satin pleated stand up collar and around sleeves.

Fifth....denim Liz Claiborne jacket. Metallic and bead embellishments on collar and sleeves:tt1:

Really cute clothes... wow you hit the jackpot there!

Speaking of JackPot... is there a trip planned for Las Vegas?? Did I miss something while I was away?

Love them!!!!!! I love Bob Mackie! I bet you do look great in the print dress.

Okay, weighing in tomorrow. I don't feel good about weighing. I have kept my calories down and increased my exercise. I don't think I have lost. I am definitely going to talk to him about eating a meal or two each day. In fact, I have decided to tell him I need to eat!!! :)

Love them!!!!!! I love Bob Mackie! I bet you do look great in the print dress.

Okay, weighing in tomorrow. I don't feel good about weighing. I have kept my calories down and increased my exercise. I don't think I have lost. I am definitely going to talk to him about eating a meal or two each day. In fact, I have decided to tell him I need to eat!!! :)

Charlene...nothing wrong with letting your doc know what you feel you are ready for. Good luck at your weigh-in tomorrow. Just keep in mind...not all of us lost every week during the weight loss stage. I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaay post-menapausal and I still have a time once a month where the scale is about 4lbs up.

Charlene...nothing wrong with letting your doc know what you feel you are ready for. Good luck at your weigh-in tomorrow. Just keep in mind...not all of us lost every week during the weight loss stage. I am waaaaaaaaaaaaaay post-menapausal and I still have a time once a month where the scale is about 4lbs up.

Well, I had a FM day ......weather was hot and storms came this afternoon. I tend to swell during that time. I feel better now, but I still haven't lost the Fluid. There is always tomorrow morning....lol.

Not sure if I will have time to get on and post in the morning. Hope you all have a great week. Will be back on Tuesday.

2nd bandiversary on Thurs. Think I'll be ordering King Crab and a cosmopolitan for dessert. Looking forward to mini-vacation with my friend.