Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Evening Gang

Thought I posted this morning - I know I read :0)

Jodi - Don't worry girl I got your back - lol on the zoloft - I took it too for a while when I left DH - got Andrew back - and work was a bitch - took it for a couple of years - then weaned myself off -

Eva - We are having chinese for dinner - but from a restaurant not home made - ;0)..

Phyl - naw girl you can't ride with me ;0) - of course and girls she's doing really well on her food.. WTG Phyl

Ya some pple are really good at expressing themselves - I get my point across but not as eloquently as I would like

It's windy here so it's not hot - I would take the heat over the wind any day..

Charlene 12 weeks - props to you girl - we have a Ralph's I will have to ck for that yogurt.. Yes at least one meal a day - high Protein low carbs..

Kurby - Sweeting yes retraining your brain and taste buds - I still love my sugar - but I just don't do it every day - definition of insanity - doing the same thing over and over and expecting a diff result ;0)

Laura - Glad the party went well - and ya we do learn sometimes to quit eating - Congrats Nelson on his promotion..

Well not much to report - went to the show yesterday - Killers - didn't like it we (me & Kaitlin) left and went to Ulta (like a sephora) then came home and bbq steaks - today the girls went to the mall - I got a bathing suit and Kaitlin got a bathing suit top - she's hard to fit - 34 DD

Had gym tonite - I have been to the gym 4 times already since Monday :0)

I'm ready to change and veg for a bit

CBL

Kurby,

I started chaning my eating the day I went for my first consult. Lost 25 lbs before surg date. I think it made it easier for me to do the 10 liquids, mushies, and then onwards. I figured I was in this all the way or not at all. I didn't get the concept of "last supper". I still crave sugar at times but not the breads.

You can do this, you are already ahead of the game by staying with these ladies and posting.

Congrats to Nels for graduation.

Charlene, you are amazing being able to do the shakes all this time.

LauraK

Laura - give Nels a kiss and congrats from me. Party sounded wonderful.

Anxious to hear from Julie with results of CT scan.

Helped GD with books for her salon today. Then out to dinner with friends tonight.

Janet - I'll take the wind and skip the heat. We would make a good pair.

Good weekends to all my friends here.

Hey Ladies,

Sorry I have been MIA feeling down I just found out I have a UTI which explains so much. I have a bitchy boss sorry but some woman suck as bosses they micro manage too much wanting to prove them self to there male counter parts and it is driving me insane.

Anyways I am here just down and my job sucks but what is a girl to do I went from taking customer service calls (sucked) to being an admin which I love except for my newest boss she did not hire me another woman did but she left to go back to her old job and I think because of the boss I have now. UUUGGGGG

can't tlk about my food and excerise okay it is bad very bad I guess hat is where the UTI is coming from.

I just want to hide under a rock I am losing my battle and gaining:crying::frown::crying::rolleyes::crying::sad:

Kurby...it does take time to retrain your brain....some of us seem to never learn, but you can be aware of what's going on and use the tools made available. I still struggle with my food demons, but there are great days where everything works just fine.

Laura, congrats on getting Nels through his FIRST graduation. Glad you checked in...I was getting worried about you and was going to call.

Janet, you do get your point across and quite well by the way. Enjoying your visit with your kids? It's so true ....doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.....I have those illusions now and then.

Joyce, I'm with you and Janet....I'll take the heat over the wind any day. Yesterday it was so windy we couldn't see the mountains....the mountains are close. Today it's breezy, nice, not awful windy and cooler. Amazingly cooler since it's only in the 80's right now (10:30am). Sounds like you have a very nice day planned. Enjoy your dinner.< /p>

Melissa...my boss's boss sounds like your boss (does that make sense?). She is micro managing us from Phoenix and doing a very crappy job of it. It's the source of 75% of my stress at work. So sorry about the UTI...you on meds for that now? When your life calms down, your food and exercise will come back into line. If you stress about it, it just makes it worse (I know). Hang in there friend....life sucks sometimes, but we are here for you and there is light at the end of the tunnel. I'm a firm believer in your type of boss doesn't last forever.

Everyone is probably busy this weekend....here too, but I thought I'd try and catch up now because who knows how the rest of the weekend is going to go.

So this is the weekend the one sister is packing up her house to put it on the market and then go to Florida. The other sister (the one from Phoenix) is down to help her and I'm being the gopher, chef, etc. I hired a friend from work's daughter who is unemployed to help my sister pack. The daughter has no transportation so we have to get her and take her back to the bus station. She lives about 45 minutes away and so her mom and I decided she can ride the bus between so neither of us have to drive so far to get her and drop her off. Complicated.

I have to work on a drawing that needs to be done Tuesday and do my other weekend chores. I'm also cooking pork to make pulled pork for a party next weekend. When it's done, I'll freeze it 'till next week.

I got my hair cut and colored yesterday. I had it cut a lot shorter and had it colored a much lighter color with highlights. It looks great. Tried to take pictures, but they don't look so good...you can't really tell what my hair looks like color wise. I may post them anyway.

I'm the only one on line....weird. Anyway, guess I'll go work on those chores.

EVa

Pictures....the agave that is blooming by my window, the first two are when it was really blooming, the third one is what it's doing now...producing many baby agaves.

My new hair cut. Not a great shot, but my hair is shorter.

One more picture....me at Multnoma (sp?) Falls in Oregon.

Hey everyone, I'm back again..... I worked hard after the funeral on Wednesday and made 12 pans of apple crisp... then make 15# of coleslaw... DD came to help me mix it up. I made the dressing and she put it together so I didn't overdo myself.... Thursday had to go have the CT ............ took me longer to take my clothes off than to have the CT...... Got home in time to get all the things to our hall (city place to hold events) to get ready for the supper for 150 I had organized. I tried to just sit and supervise, but, yes, Linda, it's very hard.... So, I was pooped by the time we were done and I got home.... Rested in my chair a bit and then brother from SD came to stay as he had to make a seed delivery in the area... Fed him a late supper and then finally went to bed... Up early to go see GP at 8:30...... She upgraded my muscle relaxor to a stronger one and agreed to try to get me into Mayo..... but she wants me to follow up with the other neurosurgeon just to see what he says..... Did a little shopping and found an area rug I wanted.... It's a piece of carpet that will be professionally edged and should look great in my new room...... Took one of the new muscle relaxor and it kicked my but.... I answered phone calls that I don't remember and fell asleep on the phone with my mother... Going to have to be careful of them!!!! I did sleep okay last night and the pain in bearable now... Haven't had any attacks the last 3 days.... I'm so glad of that... Oh, and the CT came back clear..... He also told me my band looked fine.....

So, today I slept in a bit.. DH put on the first coat of paint on the wall that is left to paint.. Now he is out in the garage ..took everything out to clean the floor as we will hold the pie and ice cream social in it next Saturday.... Lots of work.... But the big stuff now means way less to do next Friday..... Now I have to finish my class reunion details and organized the ice cream social.............

Making supper for some friends tonight... One is having brain surgery on Tuesday at mayo and thought we should have a little get-to-gether before they leave.. Just doing a simple supper... Pepper Steak with onions, baked potatoes, lettuce salad, a vegetable of some sort, and a strawberry pound cake torte for dessert... All simple.... Don't need to clean house as they all know it looks torn up right now.... Will catch the bathroom at some point.... Already had a nap today so need to get busy...

Melissa, you hang in there........ things are going to get better..... Have faith and keep talking to us.....

Oops, there goes my doorbell.......TTYL..... Julie

ocotillo - that's a very nice pic of you in front of the waterfall.

i had a slightly better food day today.

i had a small (usually large) bowl of raisin bran for Breakfast then at lunch i shared 1 appy (i know we'll soon forget all about them) with dh and dd instead of one each and shared a chicken sandwich with dd with Tomato Soup instead of fries.

it may not have been the most nutritious meal but the portions are so much smaller then they used to be.

One - your title says it all. One day at a time. We have good ones and bad ones. Life runs like a stream.

BUT, with the band and our attitude, we can get back on track.

We are here to support you.

Joyce

Eva - love the pix at the falls. And the agave is gorgeous - none of those in Kansas. lol

Love your new cut/color. My picture was taken at a GS graduation party. I threw away all my clothes that I was wearing that day and prayed the pix would never be posted. Horrible. I thought I looked good that day. My DH (photographer) explained - NO PROFILES at my age. Only front on pix with chin up. So don't feel bad about yours. Love your smile and your heart.

Kurby - great choices. Proud of you. Enjoy sandwiches while you can still eat bread, but 1/2 rather than whole.

Glad you are posting.

Joyce

Happy Saturday. Just got done catching up here. On Wed night I decided to go to Denver for the day on Thurs. so I got up at 330am and took the 6am flight. Got to Denver at 8 and then took the hotel van to my daughters work (at a hotel) and picked up her car and got Grandma and spent the day with her. Went to my son's Walmart to see him and he had lunch with us and then decided to spend the night at DD's and came home yesterday. It was nice to go back but hard as well. I cried when I got to Denver when I realized I wasn't going home but was coming to visit. But it helped to see Grandma was doing okay too.

Arlene, I just bought some of that Carbmaster yogurt but haven't had any yet, glad to read you liked it.

Julie, glad the CAt scan was clear and this dr is going to help you get into mayo. Are you sure all your doing for others isn't causing you more pain? Your menus sound yummy! what is pepper steak??

Janet, sounds like a fun weekend with the family!

Jodi, glad to hear you will come to Vegas. We'll keep you strong and away from him!

Eva, I went to those falls a few years ago, climbed about half way up and couldn't make it to the top. Did you?? Maybe now I could that I've lost the weight! It was beautiful there. Like the hair too!

Joyce, can your landscapers come here and give me a backyard?? We have mud right now. Though am getting a patio poured on Wed.

Laura, congrats to Nels, enjoy these years it will be his HS graduation in what will seem like the blink of an eye.

Melissa, my dd has the same type of woman boss in fact she's had several in her line of work and it's always trouble. I'd much rather have a man boss myself. I don't know if that's politically correct of me to say in this day and age though.

Kurby...it does take time to retrain your brain....some of us seem to never learn, but you can be aware of what's going on and use the tools made available. I still struggle with my food demons, but there are great days where everything works just fine.

I am surprising myself, though, because I was petrified when my doc's PA said she had to take all of the Fluid out of my band for 2 weeks... And I'm doing FINE!! Hunger pains? Yes! But I'm dealing with it and not gaining! (Phyl)

Laura, congrats on getting Nels through his FIRST graduation. Glad you checked in...I was getting worried about you and was going to call.

Yes, Congrats to Nels, Laura!!

Joyce, I'm with you and Janet....I'll take the heat over the wind any day. Yesterday it was so windy we couldn't see the mountains....the mountains are close. Today it's breezy, nice, not awful windy and cooler. Amazingly cooler since it's only in the 80's right now (10:30am).

I prefer the heat, too,

but I DON'T like the WIND!!

Everyone is probably busy this weekend....here too, but I thought I'd try and catch up now because who knows how the rest of the weekend is going to go.

I got my hair cut and colored yesterday. I had it cut a lot shorter and had it colored a much lighter color with highlights. It looks great. Tried to take pictures, but they don't look so good...you can't really tell what my hair looks like color wise. I may post them anyway. I'm the only one on line....weird. Anyway, guess I'll go work on those chores. EVa

DD & I got our hair cut and colored the other day, too. I really like mine.. blonde highlights. Turned out good... didn't like the way she styled it, but cut was good and I fixed it my way the next day. So I like it just fine. Didn't get it as short as I've been keeping it the past few years. DD didn't care for hers though... can't see any highlights in it at all... and she charged her $100, plus she tipped her a 20 because it was DGS's girlfriend who did it! I wasn't THAT generous! She gave me a 40% discount... I think because it was my first time there.. so $66 and I gave her $75. Helping support the girlfriend because DD & SIL want DGS OUT of the house by July 1!! They're suppsed to be moving in together, but... we're not supposed to know this. We get our info off of the girlfriend's FB page, or from DGD!!! LOL

So.... DD came over with my sweet grandpuppy, Gigi, and we took a long walk. Later... as she was leaving.... my DH, who does NOT want a dog, asked if Gigi could please stay here for a while and we'll bring her home later!!! Go figure! He'd love it if we had a dog! And I'm getting in lots of walking today!! Just walked her around the whole condo complex again!

Eva - love the pix at the falls. And the agave is gorgeous - none of those in Kansas. lol

Love your new cut/color. My picture was taken at a GS graduation party. I threw away all my clothes that I was wearing that day and prayed the pix would never be posted. Horrible. I thought I looked good that day. My DH (photographer) explained - NO PROFILES at my age. Only front on pix with chin up. So don't feel bad about yours. Love your smile and your heart.

Seriously??? Threw away all the clothes you wore that day!!??

That's funny!

Anyway.... I think I look better if I tilt my chin DOWN and to the side a little! Why no profiles?? Interesting info from a photographer! He must know what he is talking about!

36_14_13.gif

Phyl, forgot to ask, what's the Majong game? I play one but wonder if it's the same one.

Joyce, interesting about no profiles. HMMMM I figure if I can hide half my face LOL