Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Yay Jessica! I am so glad that all went well for you today in surgery. Do as the girls here say, walk, walk, walk! I was like a slug when I was done with surgery, so you are lucky that your are up and about so quickly!

Went to the Dr today. I am amazed because he was so happy with my progress this month! -8 pounds. It would have been 10, except I gained those two back.

Ok, im hungry. Back on track! Gonna make some eggs. Haven't had them in awhile!

CBL, Meredith

Oh, also, just curious, how much were all of your flights?

Hello everyone...... It seems I just can't keep up anymore.. I finally finished reading all the posts... So, I'm going to try to respond....

Apples, I agree with the rest... you look just like your wedding picture now... Beautiful.... and the little boys are so precious...

Meredith, my ticket from ND was $626..... I did have some miles to use on it so it wasn't so bad..... Good to have you back more often again.

Laura, you sound good..... I'm glad you are feeling a bit back to normal.... I'm working on that just from the holiday stress...

Jessica, congrats on getting through your surgery so well.. Ditto what every one else says about following doctors orders.... It's just the best way to go.... Best wishes for a speedy recovery...

Great, you are doing so well again... You'll surely be dancing at your daughter's wedding..... You'll be feeling like a million bucks by then...

Cheri, thanks for sharing all your insights... I read them all and can clearly see why you are almost at goal.

Eva, the pics were great... Love the storm one...

Deb, great picture and will look forward to a more recent one....

Janet, you're always so busy.... Sorry about your retiring date being delayed... But at least now you have the energy to keep working a few more years..

Who did I forget.... Not on purpose....so sorry... I really have to get here more often so I can keep up better....

Someone new asked what we do....... I'm a retired accountant from a little town north of Bismarck, ND... I have also been a small business owner and we do actually have a rental business still... I do lots of "pro bono" accounting for family and then do all of your own stuff....That and doing daycare for our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter, Laromi (Mimi), keeps me very busy... I've had lots of non-band medical issues this past year, so I've been laid up alot..... I'm finally coming around some......

I am so glad the holidays are over.... I need things to be normal again... I got my Christmas decorations all put away last night and my house back to "just plain winter" decor again.. I'm comfortable again... Now to get the exercise started... and a good food program... I, too, have been working on my year end stuff... Just waiting for all the papers to come from banks and such before working on the taxes.....

I had another big let-down yesterday with DH's oldest daughter.... I had invited them (her and her DH) up for dinner at 2:00 PM to Celebrate her birthday (today). They accepted, but called at 10;30 am to say they wanted to come earlier.... I said sure but diner wouldn't be ready yet..... She told me they didn't want dinner, just wanted to get something DH said they could have(an old bird cage someone left in a rental space). I was flabbergasted..... Said, okay, come when ever.... They showed up and she looked awful......presumed they were fighting about being there.... He did come in and actually had some dessert I offered them... But it was just another slap in the face for me that I'm not someone they want to be around... I don't know why I keep putting myself out there to be stomped on over and over again.... Keep thinking one of these days they will grow up............ So, I've been a bit down since... Worked some of it off undecorating my house last night... I guess I'm better today, but can't get it off my mind......

Well, long enough post.... Sorry to have missed anyone... Hope you all have a good restfull sleep... TTYL................ Julie

Deb....geologic time...LOL..my DH's first degree is in Geology so we can appreciate slow moving humor. We have a huge Gem & Mineral show here in late January and early February...if you want to see a lot of stuff, this is the place to be. They have the most amazing specimens. Good picture of you too!

JB...I'm an engineer for the phone company (yes, one of those old fashioned telephones that no one uses anymore). Worked for the company in many different capacities for almost 34 years.

Laura, great going at the gym. Sorry about the cat pb....don't they get they're supposed to do that on the tile so it's easy to clean up. Yep the storms can be spectacular here. We've got some pretty decent lightning pictures.

Lori, you are greatest and smartest person in the world...it's what your dogs think that really counts. Guess that coat was meant for your DD. Sometimes when I wait for something to be marked down, they don't have my size anymore. Back in the 70's Colorado used to have really big blizzards and lots of snow every year. One year search and rescue had to take us home from work and pick us up in the morning. I was an operator then and our jobs were considered essential. Things have changed.

Apples, with a population of 156, you would know everyone in town. WOW, that's some picture and what a beautiful dress. Your boys were really cute too. Thanks for sharing. OMW that tractor is huge!! You don't want to be around that when it starts up and the driver doesn't see you...you'd be squashed like a bug.

Janet....that getting up early thing, I just barely make it to work by 8 now and that's getting up at 5:30....I doubt I'll get up earlier to do the rebounder. I'm more of an after work exerciser. Got my walking in today. I know that I could be really busy for 6 months if I wasn't working...I have so many projects, large projects that need to be done that I could be busy all day. You could scan your old pictures in and then you could share them with us too!

Jessica....yep keep walking, it will help all that gas move through and out. I swear it's one of the reasons I didn't suffer too much from surgery...I was moving from the time I woke up. Welcome to bandland.

Julie, so sorry about the S-D...don't let her get you down. Honestly is she someone you want to spend time with? Maybe you don't need people around that really bring you down. Did you go to a bunch of work for that dinner? I think its quite rude on their part to accept an invitation then turn around and say never mind. I really don't think it's you...it's her.

You clothes buying women are a bad influence on me. I just bought some Land's Ends stuff. Free shipping and sales got me. Of course I buy T-shirts and got DH a couple of belts and my sister is getting a shirt too. I don't need any more T-shirts...I don't have enough room for the shirts I have now.

I am not an early riser...even though I do get up early. I move slowly in the morning and usually have some chores to get done is why I'm up early. Left to my own devices, I'd be up until midnight or so and sleep maybe until 7 or 7:30. I believe that would be ideal. In the summer I have to Water my out door plants at least every other day because it's so hot. Right now it's once a week for most of them.

Okay, I have to make reservations for my fill. I really think I'm going to need it. BBL

Eva

Edited by ocotillo

Meredith - I got my ticket on priceline - $420 I think it was.. round trip from Palm Springs - could have gotten it cheaper if I left out of Ontairo but that's 1.5 drive - I rather pay the extra 40-50 buck and only have to drive 20 miles to the airport..

Julie - is DD doing drugs if she looked bad - it's her lost - but that was rude of her to cancel like that - next yr don't even bother... It's her not you... She's not worth wasting your time worrying about... You got you DD & Mimi - you don't need them..

Eva - you did well when you were here - in fact I was shocked that you got up as early as you did ;0)... I gotta say the dogs wake me up - but once I'm up I am up - I could sleep later some times - but getting up early on the weekends makes it possible to take a nap in the afternoon..

Today I ate healthy 830 cal so far - have 300 for snacks/jucie this evening .. Did Wii for 30 min this morning then 1 hr weights tonite at the gym

So far 4 days into the new year - eating healthy and exercising !!!

Can't wait to get on the scales thrusday :0)

Eva, Where is the gem and mineral show going to be at? My DD is flying to Phoenix at that time for a Society of mining engineers conference. She would be interested in that as she will have her geo eng degree in May.

Apples, beautiful pics.

Mrs Bubba, sorry for the way they treated you. Sounds like the problem is all theirs.

Shopping is wearing off, I bought new boots from overstock. com this weekend and a sofa cover from jc pennys.

Take care all, Laura K

Jessica, glad the surgery is over and you are doing fine. I couldn't eat real food for 6 weeks!

I may have to put my little old lady poodle to sleep this week--day to day watch. She is not in any pain...Just old and senile....sad to see. She slept in my arms tonight for about an hour. I am single and have no children except for my pups. I will grieve.

The price of love.

Hey Gang...just letting you know won't be around much the next couple of days. (Farm stuff). Might have a few moments to read posts. Just to let you know....been caught doing the AWOL in the past and just don't want to get in trouble.

I just really love you guys....talk to you in a couple of days!

Jessica, glad the surgery is over and you are doing fine. I couldn't eat real food for 6 weeks!

I may have to put my little old lady poodle to sleep this week--day to day watch. She is not in any pain...Just old and senile....sad to see. She slept in my arms tonight for about an hour. I am single and have no children except for my pups. I will grieve.

The price of love.

Oh no, JB...I'm so sorry for what you are going through with your baby. They ARE family and I truly understand what you would go through in a situation like that. Take care and let us know how things are going. Sending hugs.

Eva, Where is the gem and mineral show going to be at? My DD is flying to Phoenix at that time for a Society of mining engineers conference. She would be interested in that as she will have her geo eng degree in May.

Apples, beautiful pics.

Mrs Bubba, sorry for the way they treated you. Sounds like the problem is all theirs.

Shopping is wearing off, I bought new boots from overstock. com this weekend and a sofa cover from jc pennys.

Take care all, Laura K

Here is one web link for the show....you can also search Tucson Gem & Mineral show and get several sites with information.

2010 Tucson Gem Show

I am a teacher. You can probably tell by my posts. I am a remedial teacher. I teach academically at-risk students on the south side of Chicago. All my students are African-American and many are at risk of being drawn into the destructive street culture that is so powerful on the south side. I improve their reading and math and have been trying to add study skills to the mix.

I build relationships with the kids over time and that's what makes me so effective. I teach at a wonderful Christian school that has fallen on hard times, due partly to the economy and partly to the mismanagement of the previous administration. Everything is being very well run now but we are still paying a major financial price for previous bad decisions.

I'd love to keep working there but we need a major infusion of cash to stay open. If we can weather this year and make it one more year I think we'll make the turn-around.

I was just relating the story of one of my early students to the promotions committee. She had fallen asleep in my class and I started giving her the standard lecture about the need to get enough sleep in order to do well in school when she said, "I'm sorry, Ms. Flory. I live in a really bad neighborhood, and the gunshots keep me awake at night."

I had another student, a fourth grader, who pulled up his pants leg to show me his gun shot scar. He'd been sitting in the park with his dog when a drive-by sent a shot his way. His dog ran into the street and was killed by a car. He ended his story by saying,"It was a very bad day."

This is a boy who'd also recently lost his mom and step-dad to cancer--within a year of each other. His older sister became his guardian and struggled to keep him out of the Chicago Public Schools and send him to us. He came in fourth grade and was not yet reading.

These are the students I teach.

Cheri

Man, lots of posts while I was writing. Julie, remember what Great's been going through and how she's learning to deal with hurtful people.

"Leave them alone, and they'll come home, dragging their tails behind them."

JB sorry about your baby. But now you've got us. Grieve all you need.

Tired.

Cheri

Here is one web link for the show....you can also search Tucson Gem & Mineral show and get several sites with information.

2010 Tucson Gem Show

Thanks for the web address. I showed it to her. I had the dates wrong she is going there the end of feb beginning of march. "says can't go I do need to be in class sometime"

smart mouth kid. lol

Laura K

Hey Gang...just letting you know won't be around much the next couple of days. (Farm stuff). Might have a few moments to read posts. Just to let you know....been caught doing the AWOL in the past and just don't want to get in trouble. I just really love you guys....talk to you in a couple of days!

We'll miss you! Come back soon!

Good thing you let us know cuz we'd come looking for you!!

JB, I'm so sorry about your baby. Been through this a few times and it doesn't get easier, but she has had a great life and both of you are better for it. My Glimmer (black lab) sends her love.