Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I lied - I got my second wind - not good on a sunday nite when I have work tomorrow - drinking Decaf - defrosting scallops & shrimp for dinner - got bedroom & office vaccummed - dishwasher emptied and reloaded (gs always is bringing dirty dishes from his room after I have cleaned up kitchen)- clothes put up another 2 load one in wash one in dryer..

Good luck tomorrow Jessica, we'll all be thinking and praying for your speedy recovery -- everything will go fine -- you'll be up and about -- remember to walk around the hallway as much as you can it helps relieve all the shoulder pain.

I had a very exciting day. Decided I was feeling pretty good and tired of feeling sluggish - so I did some of my walking tapes -- I had bought a couple of new ones that were slower paced -- for during my recovery and they were perfect - I ended up doing some with weights -- did 105 mins. of exercise all together -- feeling soooo much better! Hip did not hurt at all -- I was very careful -- I just have to be careful not to twist it -- it didn't hurt during (at all, unlike before surgery-- it had gotten so painful I was unable to really do much in the couple of weeks before surgery). I am so happ to get some aerobics in. CBL hope everyone is have a great Sunday!! Linda

WTG Linda !! Glad you got to move w/o any pain !!!!

hi guys~

JeweI~ Best of luck on your surgery tomorrow! We will be thinking about you and anxiously awaiting the news. Are you doing same day surgery or staying overnight? Speedy recovery! You will do fine and I am sure your liver will be ok.

Apples~~~ Love love love the Christmas decorations! Your trees are beautiful and love the Santa! And I like the reward idea. DQ and food are no incentive for him. He could care less. But the idea of getting a new hot wheel/matchbox should work. Someone mentioned stress. Perhaps it's Dad's illness and being up there a lot. He doesn't seem stressed- not showing as it would with other behaviors.

Eva~ One of the best shows in Orlando is La Nouba by Cirque du soleil. Depending on the seats- price ranges from $75-120 but WELL worth it. I've seen it twice. If you've never been to a cirque du soleil performance it is amazing. Just an idea.

La Nouba | Cirque du Soleil show at Walt Disney World Resort

Cheri~ Great explanation of carbs and proteins/glycemic index, etc.

Free spirit~ It sounds like you have had a tough time since your LAP-BAND® surgery. Hmmm... Would still need more info, like how many calories are you having a day? Amount eating per meal (1/2 cup, cup?) Are you keeping a journal? Are you exercising? The band is not a magic cure for obesity. it is merely a tool. As Indio has said many times, you have to do the majority of the work. It will not make food choices for you. Does your surgeon's office have any support system? Support group meetings? dietitian? psychologist? It often takes good follow up to keep things in check. The reflux is concerning. Have they had you on any medications for this? Is it increased by spicy or greasy foods? If the band is too tight, it can cause these symptoms. Also, they need to make sure it is in the right place. If the band slips, it can cause these symptoms as well. It sounds like you were too tight- if you were unable to get in solid Protein and resorted to sliders. What are your physicians recommending? If the reflux continues to be a problem, even with the unfill, then that needs to be addressed. Long term reflux can cause many serious problems (ulcers, etc...) This cannot be ignored. You need to see a gastroenterologist if your surgeon and/or GP do not find answers to your problem of reflux. Good luck! Let us know what happens.

ok friends. SCHOOL STARTS BACK TOMORROW!!! yippeee! I have so enjoyed my time with my son but I need to get back to the gym and back to some ME time!!! Bless the teachers in this world!!!

peasout~~~ Laura

I would love to see that show !!!

Yea Laura - back to the gym !!!!

hi all--love reading these posts!

Jessica--we are excited for you! Please post something soon so we know that you are okay. You'll be better than okay real soon!

Mrs. Bubba--it is coldcoldcold in FL right now. I moved here from GA to be warm!!! I am not getting my money's worth right now. We can check the weather a few days before we meet. I will be driving from Tampa area, so we will have my car to use if we need to get around--it's a RAV 4 and I know I can fit you skinnies in!

Cheri--good explanations about the food, sugar, etc. We should call you Dr. Cheri. As much as I love the support, I need a refresher on the knowledge.

Free spirit--don't give up yet. My band became too tight months ago and I suffered, but did I do anything? NO. I just ate sliders and gained back 40 lbs. I too felt that I had wasted my $$ (self-pay). I thought the band was my answer! But as Janet says, I have to work it. So, I got an unfill (and I must admit, I am LOVING being able to eat without losing it and having pain), but I will go back to basics soon enough and do it again (at a PROPER fill level where I can actually eat the right things a little). Wait until your thyroid problem is solved. Stay here with us. You may have a change of heart.

I am glad to see so many animal lovers. My little poodle turned 16 1/2 yesterday. She is fine, but has dementia. She is mostly blind and deaf, but she loves her food, her treats, a short walk and some loving. I am committed to care for her as long as she is not suffering. When that day comes, I will send her home to God. My other dog is a Bichon-poodle mix. She is a rescue, so I can only estimate her age as 10-12. I volunteer at a dog-cat no-kill shelter. There was a little apricot poodle that I fell in LOVE with! I was happy for her that she was adopted, sad for me as I would miss her. I JUST found out that friends of mine adopted her! So I can continue to see her and be her godmother--haha!

Time to give your eyes a rest!!

Judy

Judy - I remember now - doggie girl - yep most everyone of us here has our little fur babies - I added a cat to my collection 10/08 - GS wants another dog - we keep discussing it - told him Nope 2 dogs and a cat are enough animals.. Especially after 200 vet bill last weekend.

Afternoon Girls,

Didn't even get on to check this thread until now. Had some fine-tuning on the books with DH for a big part of the day and then laid down for a long winter's nap. Did get outside for a short walk...was feeling pent up and DH is a little bit of a perfectionist....yep...needed the walk.

Jewel (Jessica) just want to wish you the best of luck tomorrow. It's a big step to prepare for and you seem to have accepted what is coming your way. The only advice I feel I can give you at this time is to follow ALL of your doc's rules. I hope we can follow you throughout your journey and your transformation.

Please let us know how you are doing when you feel like posting. Take care and stay in contact with us.

Laura....hope you get some "me" time this next week.

You know...I cannot think of much to say. I think I woke up from my nap missing part of my brain. I will call back later.

Can't believe you took a nap and I didn't lol

I got online cuz I need to find the elevation thingie for the wii balance board for the Step Exercise...

CBL

I know they use Dawn to clean birds up and other animals after oil spills. So it tackles the worst oils and grease. They ought to advertise it for clothes. Grease in cotton knits has always been the hardest to get out. By the time its out the outfit just isn't the same, but just spotting it with the Dawn really works.

Cheri

Janet...somewhat of a resolution for this year for me is to take a nap once a week to recharge...no matter what is going on around this farm. There are times I am so spent but do not want to lay down for a nap cuz I think I should keep going. I slept for 45 minutes.

Great....can you give us all an idea of when to expect our invites to the wedding?????

Dawn...been using it for years for anything that is oil based. Also, love the new Tide tablets that take out spots.

Linda...yahooo! Good going on the exercise. I know it's been bugging you not to get any. Just be careful. I know I cannot stand it when I cannot exercise. I think it is a great destresser. Even if it's just for a bit a day.

Ready to go sit in a tub of warm Water and read. Corn hauling day on the farm tomorrow. Will have extras around here so better go take something out of the freezer.

Freespirit....hope you get things figured out. Never good not to have the support you need. Take Janet's advice, study her list she provided, ask for help if you are unsure. Good luck and hope we hear back from you on how things are going.

Sleep tight everyone!

<singing> It's a beautiful morning... I think I'll go outside for a while... and just smile!

Actually is a very beautiful morning... just frikkin COLD! 37 . Now folks, I know that is summer for many of you... but we just aren't prepared down here! Hope it doesn't snow! <smirk>

I woke up wicked early. 4am! yikes. I remembered I needed to write Nelson's tuition check and it was keeping me up. And then once I was up and warm- I figured why go back to bed NOW. Got to read the newspaper, drink some coffee. Get started on that ME time I have been missing. : )

I know the gym will be crazy this morning... but I am GOING. I have told myself, get dressed and do at least 30 min on the treadmill, I will be ok. So- that's the goal.

Will CBL~~~ peasout~~~~ Laura

I also woke up early cause had to go back to work today. I'll get there early and do my walk the halls, climb the 47 stairs, circle the gym thing.

Also I needed to set up a couple things on internet and send them to myself at school.

Have a great day everyone.

Cheri

Awww...you're all making me jealous...wish I was heading out the door to work,, gym whatever. Too cold to go anywhere. Frost on the nipples this morning, girls!

WEll I am up extra early too, what's up with that? DDs fiance rang the door bell at 630, guess he thought we were all up. Actually DH's alarm was just going off and DD was up downstairs but i don't always get up these post op knee days. He brought her coffee and warmed up her car for her this morning. How sweet! LOL

Today is my first day at driving. I think I will be okay. I have therapy at 10 and then am taking Grandma to lunch after that.

I am glad I am not working this morning. I am sure the rec center is very busy with all the new year resolution folks returning to the gym in mass for a few weeks. Funny by Feb 1st it starts to dwindle already.

Great...have fun on you "solo" adventure. Watch of ice and snow but have a good time with Grandma. When do you go back to work? Maybe a good thing you do not have to deal with the hordes heading to the gym to start their new, healthy lifestyle.

Geez, you guys were busy again...I'm up at my usual time 5:15 - 5:30 and have a little extra time this am. Still trying to figure out how to quit work and manage my life style...dang...I have to go to work.

I'm really glad to see all the stuff on the lap-band lifestyle. I think it's very good for me to be re focused and apply myself.

Lori, March 26th isn't very far away. Big wedding. I invited about 100 to my wedding and about 70 showed. It was amazing. I thought that was enough. Yes, we have trees, I'm posting a picture and you should be able to see trees. The sonoran desert has lots of vegetation and animals. Palo verdes, mesquites, ruse lancia, palms, eucalyptus are just a few...then there are the bushes and cactus. It truly is amazing here. I grew up in the Canon City area and although it has the big trees around the river, it's pretty much desert all around...cactus and scrub juniper and chapparel. In fact, my part of the desert has more vegetation than the hills around florence.

Janet, you want to go to that show while we are in FL?

Okay, I have to go to work. Later ladies.

Eva

Picture 1 is of the two trees (sort of) we are removing...the messy green stuff to the right is the one DH just chopped down...the one in the center (eucalyptus) is the next to go, but our overhead power line is in the way. Both of these trees have invaded my garden--all those lovely raised bed you see and the dirt patch below which should be grass and nothing grows. So the trees will be taken out and replaced with friendlier trees.

#2 Front yard with bushes blooming...you can see some vegetation off in the distance..I think I posted this one before.

#3 Tucson with snow...not this year yet.

#4 is the view from my front porch during one of our wonderful summer storms.

How do you early risers get up at the crack of dawn!!?? :blushing: I'm a sleeper-inner, but I wish I could get up earlier. I even have my work schedule so I get in at 9 am and work till 6.

I'm going to start setting my alarm for a little earlier every day, so I can start getting to work at 8. Also...I'd love to be able to get exercise in the morning, but that'll probably be too much for me!

Eva...great photos. What a lovely place to live. What type of work do you do? I used to dream of early retirement (it ain't happening!), but I'll probably have to work until I'm 75! :thumbup: But you know, I do enjoy having a routine to my day, and sometimes when I'm off for too long, I get sick of being home all the time. I also like the social interaction at work. I'm lucky in that I have a fairly low stress job, and a lot of autonomy; I have my own office, which I've decorated how I like (even put up draperies) and it's my home away from home.

Can you tell I"m trying to talk myself into enjoying work today??? :blushing:

Wow Eva...can see how beautiful all the shrubs are and everything surrounding you. Will never forget stepping off a plane in Pheonix years ago and thinking that I would miss the green grass of MN. By the time we left ten days later, I was in love with AZ.

Morning Deb...I'm an early morning lover also. Time with hubby over coffee. I accomplish most of my work in the morning. Accomplishing anything after 2pm is iffy.

Eva...great photos. What a lovely place to live. What type of work do you do? I used to dream of early retirement (it ain't happening!), but I'll probably have to work until I'm 75! :thumbup: But you know, I do enjoy having a routine to my day, and sometimes when I'm off for too long, I get sick of being home all the time. I also like the social interaction at work. I'm lucky in that I have a fairly low stress job, and a lot of autonomy; I have my own office, which I've decorated how I like (even put up draperies) and it's my home away from home.

Can you tell I"m trying to talk myself into enjoying work today??? :blushing:

Got room at your institution for one more? All this talk about you guys going back to work is making me want to go grab a blazer and skirt and head out the door. Social interaction? Do dogs count?

Have a good day back-to-work! Hope no one brought in leftover goodies to tempt. What does everyone do, BTW? I was a school teacher for 30 years, but today, I am starting my 7th year of retirement! I DO recommend it! My goal is to be retired longer than I worked.

I am going to Body Pump class today--mostly weights. I may get on the elliptical before class.

First, laundry and some housecleaning. I HATE that! I have a cleaning lady, but Wednesday will be her last day for me--she is sweet, but does not do a good job at all! Maybe my cleaning will burn some calories...

It is in the 30's here--sure hope it warms up for our rendezvous.

j