Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Happy new year everyone. It is great to feel the fresh start that comes with a new year. Not only is this a new year but a new me. I have had a tough year dealing with my pshyc issues but everything is looking great right now. We finally got the right med combo. I am getting back to being the real me instead of being clouded out by illness. I have battled this for 3 years and am finally feeling like I have made huge progress. On top of that my hubby is working again and we are making financial progress. Getting ahold of our spending. Even saving for this expensive surgery. We are making progress to moving out on our own. Setting boundaries with the folks. i'm exceding expectations in school. Even taking on Goliath (my weight). I already feel like my energy is coming back. I have been taking on huge task and succeding at them. That is why I know I can do this lapband life. I have proved to myself that I can do things that are hard. It is like the last three years have been leading me here, to this decision, to have the surgery and finally get control over my eatting. I have told several people in the past that my fat is my "Scarlet Letter" the outward sign of this problem I have tried to hide. I feel more and more free with every pound I lose. Thank you guys for all your reassurance, support and honesty. I find as my surgery approaches I am getting more reflective of my life. I can feel that this new year I am going to accomplish alot.

Jessica, I'm so proud of you -- you are so mature for your age!! Happy New Year and I KNOW you're going to be very successful in every avenue of your life. Good for you!

Movie was very good -- very funny, although Alec Baldwin isn't my favorite -- would have rather seen John Travolta or even Al Pacino as the "ex husband". Steve Martin and dear dear Meryl Streep did great jobs in their parts . Very enjoyable -- had a nice time shopping -- got some good deals and had a great lunch -- tried a new appetizer -- I think they were called chicken won ton tacos - very tasty -- a little spicy but very tasty -- there were 4 of us so each had a small taster piece (perfect size). Would order them as a meal again. Very good.

Well, I gotta run and play some Candyland and Chutes and Ladders. Laura, great pics -- such a huge difference from last year -- you should be very proud of yourself -- good job. HOpe everyone has a safe and very happy NEW YEAR's EVE -- Happy 2010 everyone!

Linda

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

We showed Nelson video footage of NYE in Paris (another white lie) and told him he stayed up until midnight! LOL.

<toasting with a glass of bubbly> Here's to everyone's health and happiness!!!

Thanks for being such great friends!

peasout.... Laura

How to Stay Young

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them'.

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, and hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Saw Avatar. Phenomenal. Probably only see 2 movies a year at the theater. Glad we picked this one. 3-D was incredible.

Laura, great pics. Jewel, great attitude.

Enjoying Wild Hogs right now on TV. Middle-age guys on a road trip with their Harleys.

Great way to spend New Years Eve. Did eat popcorn. And had a Starbucks Mocha at Barnes and Nobles. Last fling.

I think normal people do this. Eat treats on holidays and then get back on track. Sounds like a plan. No guilt. Guilt leads to overeating.

Cheri

Great - Enjoy the lobster !!! Have a bite for me - I decided to stick w/my fish tonite - don't need the butter and what's lobster w/o butter :0)

Melissa - Hugs on the car being totalled do you live in a no fault state?? I would be pissed - I sure hope you can make it to FL

Jessice - WTG girl - very proud of you - 2010 will the be the beginning of a NEW LIFE FOR YOU... Hugs !!

Linda - I am going to go see blindside tomorrow w/gf - It's complicated is going to be on my list of movies to see..

Enjoy your baby..

Cheri - I don't really know what normal pple do cuz I can't say I will ever be normal - but I know one thing for sure after my 4 days of treats and 3 lbs gain - it wasn't worth it -

My drug of choice kept telling me one more it's ok - Well hell no it's not ok..

Good luck to you - but I won't be letting that devil (sugar) call my name anymore - no more indulgences for quite sometime - didn't miss it when I wasn't eating them and hate myself for gaining weight - so adio amigo to sugar for me..

Phyl - Love your staying young !!! I am staying young tonight - My home is my refuge tonite :0)

Laura - I love the tricks you play on Nels - Enjoy the bubbly with DH..

Again Happy New Years to all !!

Gotta go feed the dogs :0)

cbl

Lobster was delish! BUt I couldn't even finish one tail. Did dip in butter though. How much can a dip be? LOL Okay so it was drenched in butter. LOL We had twice baked potatoes with them and i ate about 1/4 of it and about 1 spear of asparagus. It felt good to be able to indulge w/o indulging, I was satisfied on my much smaller portions. DH didn't complain about getting my leftover lobster either. Though he says tomorrow he is going on a diet to lose 25 lbs before DDs wedding which is in 3 mos. He's actually asking for my help in ideas on how to do it. I suggested he eat more Atkins like as he likes his meat and I concentrate on Protein so much and he likes that idea. So we are purging the house of carbs. And he has all his game meat from hunting to eat and is totally happy with that, maybe my grocery bill will go way down too.

DD and DSIL2B just left, we played a few games of Farkle first, we've had more fun with that silly dice game. I've yet to win a game and am known as the queen of farkles. LOL

My leg is really aching tonight, last knee too after a few weeks I got such deep aches in my leg that just throbbed and that's what it's doing now. I just took 2 pain pills so not sure I will even make it up til 10pm to see the ball drop on cable.

How to Stay Young

1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay 'them'.

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. 'An idle mind is the devil's workshop.'

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, and hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER: Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I loved this thanks for posting it.

Melissa - Hugs on the car being totalled do you live in a no fault state?? I would be pissed - I sure hope you can make it to FL

cbl

I live in Ga. Fl is a no fault state that is where I am from. But I have great insurance especially if I ever got involved in a car accident with an uninsured motorist. So I am not worried about that. Just worried about finding something that I can afford. I can't buy anything new so I struggling to find a low mileage used car for a decent price.

Happy New Year Everyone it is now Jan 1,2010 here is Georgia

Lobster was delish! BUt I couldn't even finish one tail. Did dip in butter though. How much can a dip be? LOL Okay so it was drenched in butter. LOL We had twice baked potatoes with them and i ate about 1/4 of it and about 1 spear of asparagus. It felt good to be able to indulge w/o indulging, I was satisfied on my much smaller portions. DH didn't complain about getting my leftover lobster either. Though he says tomorrow he is going on a diet to lose 25 lbs before DDs wedding which is in 3 mos. He's actually asking for my help in ideas on how to do it. I suggested he eat more Atkins like as he likes his meat and I concentrate on Protein so much and he likes that idea. So we are purging the house of carbs. And he has all his game meat from hunting to eat and is totally happy with that, maybe my grocery bill will go way down too.

DD and DSIL2B just left, we played a few games of Farkle first, we've had more fun with that silly dice game. I've yet to win a game and am known as the queen of farkles. LOL

My leg is really aching tonight, last knee too after a few weeks I got such deep aches in my leg that just throbbed and that's what it's doing now. I just took 2 pain pills so not sure I will even make it up til 10pm to see the ball drop on cable.

Ya like I said what is lobster w/o the butter and I do mean drenched !!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS - IT'S 9 HEAR SO 12 IN NYC !!!

I loved this thanks for posting it.

I live in Ga. Fl is a no fault state that is where I am from. But I have great insurance especially if I ever got involved in a car accident with an uninsured motorist. So I am not worried about that. Just worried about finding something that I can afford. I can't buy anything new so I struggling to find a low mileage used car for a decent price.

Ya that's hard to do sometime - but with all that's going on in the economy - I think you should be able to find something

Sending good thoughts & prayer for a good find !!!

Thanks so much Janet Take care I am going to sleep I have had a very tiring Day.

Talk to you later

It's 11:20 pm right now in North Dakota... We just got home from a night out with friends... I did well with my supper and didn't overdo anything.. Played a fun game and then came home . We aren't the type to sit up til Midnight just because....

2009 has been a very challenging year for me and many of you, too.... Here's hoping that 2010 brings all sorts of new and wonderful things to us.... I'm not much on resolutions, but plan to put exercise back in my life as much as I'm allowed and plan to let my band start doing it's thing again...

May you each have a Wonderful New Year...... Love and Hugs from your friend............. Julie

Well I saw the ball drop on Fox News at 10pm here, it's midnight out east. I can go to bed now! Happy New Year! Thanks for the love, friendship and support in '09 and looking forward to more of the same in '10.

New Years Challenge

Eat Healthy & Exercise in 2010

Watch out 2010 here we come !!

New Years Challenge

Eat Healthy & Exercise in 2010

Watch out 2010 here we come !!

HAPPY ROCKIN' NEW YEARS!!

It's almost time for the ball to drop here in CA!!!

We're BOTH still awake, too!

But home from the party!

What's up with that?????

OLD PEOPLE!!

BAH! HUMBUG!!

8_6_55.gif 8_6_51.gif 8_6_55.gif