Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey, JB...you've been missed. Glad to see you back. Sorry you have struggled but sounds like you are ready to climb back on the horse. I don't know what I would have done without the daily support of these fine ppl.

A bunch of us are heading to FL in Feb. What ya doin' the weekend of 11-14??????

Phyl and Great2Be--you have been so successful! I am so proud of you.

Yes, I was a frequent poster here...but then, I got cute and then I got cocky. And now, I am heavy....again.

Then I went through some depression and food is my drug of choice. The tight band didn't help.

Thank you for your nice words of support. I knew I would find no judgement here--just support.

I will stay posted. I will keep a journal. Luckily, I love exercise! (I am retired and live in an active adult community, so there's lots to choose from.)

Must admit, I am HUNGRY right now! I guess my body is used to being stuffed. My brain has to be retrained too. This is hard.

It's hard, but you're WORTH it!!

BIG HUGS to you, girl!

New year, new start... you're going to do it!

We are ALWAYS here for you!

So excited that you are back and ready to start again!

We spend our winters in a very active adult community also.

We do Water aerobics every morning, and there's a well equipped exercise room I can use, not to mention lots of safe walking space, including out in the desert. It's GREAT to have such great opportunities for exercise, isn't it!

Another thing I'm doing this winter is making changes in my daily routine so that I keep busy and don't just spend every afternoon/evening sitting in front of the TV and the computer. That has meant learning something new... taking beading classes, and contributing something to the community by volunteering in the activities office once a week. And i sing in the choir, so that means spending one afternoon at choir practice.

Another thing I am doing since I have a new knee.. is take every opportunity I find to climb stairs.. up and down! Trying to strengthen my legs, and it gets me some more exercise. Every little bit of effort that we can make to improve ourselves body, mind and spirit, has an important impact! Keep up the good work and CONGRATS on your new resolve to make this work! You're off to a new GREAT start!

Wow... yeah, you're in Florida!! I hope you can join these gals for their weekend getaway in Feb!!! That would be GREAT!! Unfortunately, I'm heading north for that weekend or I'd be there with bells on!!

Edited by phyllser

A new knee? I have missed a lot. I bet you are the Zumba Queen of your community. I also do beading, exercise, theatre (I just got a singing role for the first time!), volunteer-hospice and dog/cat rescue. And the hobby that I loved the most was Taco Bell. I imagine the company will go bankrupt soon because of me getting back on track...)

Thanks for the welcome back, Apples.

Where are you meeting in FL? This is so exciting! I am near Tampa, but I can get in the car and go wherever. Who is coming? Hotel reservations? Tell me! Tell me!

Y'all are the BEST!

Judy

Thanks Charlene--who is that cute puppy in that picture?

I have 2 dogs--

--one is 16 1/2 years old and somewhat senile (but still happy and healthy) and one 11-12? who is overweight--guess who my walking buddy will be?

Can't wait to hear about the FL weekend!

(these welcomes and sweet words from all of you

have lifted my spirits so much..You're better than Prozac!)

APPLES - you are so silly "A New Arrival at our House

Time: 3:03 AM

Name: Bouncing Baby Boulder

Weight: Not sure but had fingers

Length of Labor: Close to 48 hours

"

It took me a minute to figured out what you meant. LOL

JB - welcome back

Janet - I beat you I gained 4 pounds okay not a happy thing i go for a check up Monday My Dr might not be so happy back to the wagon

I think this Florida Meet has put a FIRE under JB!

OK, JB...on Feb 11-14 some of us are meeting up in Orlando. We will be staying at the Buena Vista Resort Condos. We have reserved 3-3BR units and will be staying the 11th, 12th and 13th will everyone heading home on the 14th.

So far we have myself, Janet, Eva (Octillo), Meredith, Julie, Melissa (1Day) and Laura (Peascorp) if she can make it. I sure hope you can come up and join us. You have quite a drive...5 hours????

This will be great....I've always wanted to meet you!

A new knee? I have missed a lot. I bet you are the Zumba Queen of your community. I also do beading, exercise, theatre (I just got a singing role for the first time!), volunteer-hospice and dog/cat rescue. And the hobby that I loved the most was Taco Bell. I imagine the company will go bankrupt soon because of me getting back on track...)Y'all are the BEST! Judy

Yeah... knee replacement 8/25... a little over 4 months and I'm doing great!

WOW!! Sounds like you are keeping very busy! That's very good! Boredom is one of MY biggest enemies and I'm sure I'm not alone!

Congrats on the singing role!! Drop the Taco Bell thing, for sure!! LOL They WILL survive without your $$$. No, I'm not sure about Starbucks if I quit that!!! HAHAHA... SF, FF!! Whenever I can get it!

Yeah... knee replacement 8/25... a little over 4 months and I'm doing great!

WOW!! Sounds like you are keeping very busy! That's very good! Boredom is one of MY biggest enemies and I'm sure I'm not alone!

Congrats on the singing role!! Drop the Taco Bell thing, for sure!! LOL They WILL survive without your $$$. No, I'm not sure about Starbucks if I quit that!!! HAHAHA... SF, FF!! Whenever I can get it!

Phyll...always been gonna ask you what your favorite drink is at Starbucks. I know you have mentioned many times that it is your treat. We do not have one within a 200 mile radius. We are gonna hit the road on our way to Atlanta and FL and need some hints. I LOVE their just plain coffee but I am one to sip foo-foo coffees also. If you don't mind, I would like to know.:)

Hobbies, mine would have to be McDonalds. LOL Still try and get their nuggets once a week but I am finally after a year and a half of being banded starting to slowly lose my love of them. No wonder McD's stock hasn't been meeting expectations. LOL

Body parts, I am the owner of 2 new knees. And Linda has a new hip, in addition to Phyl's new knee. We got lots of new parts since you've been here Judy! LOL That would be great, Judy, if you can meet the gals in FL. I won't be able to make it due to my trip 2 weeks after that. I will be there in spirit though.

OMG JBFLORIDIA - HEY !!!!! I haven't read the post yet but say that you posted - OMG gang I know JB from when she 1st joined in 07 - We were on the 50 board together - ok I gotta go back and read.....

Ok Old age here - but I am pretty sure I met Judy (jb) on the 50's thread - in like 08 after I had been banded for a while..

Judy - you have made the 1st step and that's coming back to lbt

I haven't left since 5/14/07 and the biggest reason is the accountability factor - It's one of the reasons I started this thread (I rarely post on the 50 thread anymore) - Cause I can't just talk the talk without walking the walk - it keeps me honest...

I am so glad you are back - you know what you need to to and and that's getting back to eating healthy and an exercise routine.. And as you know I a firm believer in keeping a food diary - I am doing it now cuz I gained a few over the holidays myself.

Really hope you can make it in Feb to our get together - that would be so cool....

Leah - #1 rule - take the word HOPE out of your vocabulary and replace it with I WILL - If you think you can't you won't - it you think you can you will - I am a firm believer in positive affirmations!!!

WTG on not eating the Cookies !!! It really does feel good to have power over food - You have all the reason in the world to feel proud of yourself !!! WTG

Linda - I have heard from 2 pple that "It's Complicated" is a GREAT FUNNY movie..

Apples - Isn't it great when the kids want to hang with you.. I love it too... Starbucks - Skinny Latte with sf hazelnut and 2 or 3 extra shots of expresso - we drink the same coffee - I like the lite mocha frappininco w/no whip cream - a tall (small) is like 90 calories Phyl likes hot coffees and I like both hot and cold..

Great - OMW I haven't had a nightie on in YEARS... But again I haven't had a man in year lol - so I don't have any cute stuff - use to even heavy - but those days are long gone ;0)..

Food today has been good - Steel cut oats for bf - lunch veggies & fish - pre work out snack 2 rye crisp w/1 tsp Peanut Butter - dinner will be fish rice and veggies (I skipped rice last night - but need it tonite as I am hungry)

Gym 1 hr weight training arms - and ladies if you want to work your butt - do lunges - omw my butt and back of legs are killing me (good kind of pain) from my work out Monday..

Tomorrow is usually a day off from the gym - but will be adding Thrusday as and extra cardio day -

Deb - I feel the same way about work anymore as you do - I am just not that motivated most days - tomorrow I have to be for YE stuff = billings etc..

Ok gotta go ck my veggies - I think dinner is calling me - oh ya drank 2 bottles of Water - have 1 to go before bed..

CBL

I was banded in May 2008 and Indio was already a size 6! You have been an inspiration to us.

So, Orlando? I am a bit less than 1 1/2 hours away. Are you doing any of the Disney parks while there? What are your plans? Is there room for one more (one night only probably)?

Happy 2010!

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxmk130YYUS