Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

LOL Meredith. Crazy dream.

Laura-hugs.

Oco--hugs to you 2, so sorry about your dad.

Those of you struggling with food, hand in there. Progress is getting back on track. I've actually gone to very high Protein hardly any carbs for a few days to jumstart my weight loss. I've already lost and am down 30 # now. Got a family reunion this weekend so will not even try to stick to Proteins only. Then I'm going back on high Protein till I get my first fill on August 11. I always lose on high protein and am not hungry if I avoid all carbs but veggies, and since I'm a big meat eater, that works for me. In fact, I'm starting to feel a little restriction with the denser less moist Proteins. For me, the moister the meat, the more I eat. Take care everyone.

xoxoxo

Just a fly by post...heading out to the door. Up North to the lake.

We are having the time of our lives with our DD and her DH. About a 20 hour visit yesterday until early this morning. Lots of catching up to do. Taking them to a "hick" bar tonight....they gotta see how we live out here. DD is turning 30 next week and we will be hosting a party on Friday night for her. Activities planned for the weekend from sun up till sun down (or later). Just love that girl and her DH is wonderful and has a great sense of humor. Clicks with DS.

Just wanted to check out....know it's important. Wouldn't want to start the "panic chain". (You know I love you guys for even noticing I was missing).

Take care and have a wonderful weekend. Talk to you all on Tuesday of next week. XOXOXOXOXO

'

Yes Darling - We love you and do miss you when you are gone - remember when you get back I want to know what scallopped corn is :0) - Have a great time (I am sure you will)

Hi everyone.

This is going to be quick, but I will for sure CBL and write more. I just had to tell you that I had the craziest dream this morning right before I woke up. I was at the McDonalds drive through (except i was walking through) and I ordered 35 dollars of food for myself! SICK!!!!! I went to bed really hungry last night, so maybe my stomach was like "hello, get up"!? I then woke up thinking it was real and was panicked!!! Thought some of you might get a kick out of that one!

CBL~ Meredith

Meredith - Too fricking funny - Yep I bet its cuz you were hungry !!!! I don't know if I have ever dreamt about food.. I rarely remember my dreams - old age I guess - or they are not that interesting :0)

LOL Meredith. Crazy dream.

Laura-hugs.

Oco--hugs to you 2, so sorry about your dad.

Those of you struggling with food, hand in there. Progress is getting back on track. I've actually gone to very high Protein hardly any carbs for a few days to jumstart my weight loss. I've already lost and am down 30 # now. Got a family reunion this weekend so will not even try to stick to Proteins only. Then I'm going back on high Protein till I get my first fill on August 11. I always lose on high protein and am not hungry if I avoid all carbs but veggies, and since I'm a big meat eater, that works for me. In fact, I'm starting to feel a little restriction with the denser less moist Proteins. For me, the moister the meat, the more I eat. Take care everyone.

xoxoxo

Cheri - I agree with the limited carbs helping with the weight loss - I gotta have some so I usually save them for dinner and when I say carbs - I really mean starches - I will eat fruit without thinking about the carb contents cuz to me a peach is better than a granola bar or a bag of chips..

Have fun at your family reunion ...

Hi all.............. Janet, I'm here, just haven't been posting as I haven' t had the energy to type and when my little one is around I can't get to the computer... She is only here when DH is home, but still keeps us hopping... Don't know why I feel so rocky... My upper back and neck are bothering me along with my stomach and gut.... Chiropractor says that the spot that is out is affecting the stomach... I've had 3 treatments now and really hoped that after yesterday I would start to feel better... But not yet... I at least was able to sleep last night, but that's about the end of it.... I'm supposed to do the hot pack/cold pack thing a few times today and then talk to him tomorrow...

Laura, so sorry things are taking so long to find out what's going on... I know that time in a hospital is so long from personal experience... And your little one is doing so well, but I totally understand about thinking his sniffles will get you sent home... He'll be miserable and so will everyone else... Take care....

Apples, sounds like you are having a ball.... enjoy.........

I have read everyone else's posts and would love to comment, but just don't have the energy right now.. Please know I'm thinking of you all and hoping your day is going well.... I'm going to get my hair cut soon.. I need a new "do".... All these surgeries have done a number on my medium long hair... I think I'm going to have to go shorter and I'm nervous.... DH likes long hair, but said I should do whatever needs to be done to feel good about it... We'll see..... I'll try to be back soon... TTYL......... Julie

Hi all.............. Janet, I'm here, just haven't been posting as I haven' t had the energy to type and when my little one is around I can't get to the computer... She is only here when DH is home, but still keeps us hopping... Don't know why I feel so rocky... My upper back and neck are bothering me along with my stomach and gut.... Chiropractor says that the spot that is out is affecting the stomach... I've had 3 treatments now and really hoped that after yesterday I would start to feel better... But not yet... I at least was able to sleep last night, but that's about the end of it.... I'm supposed to do the hot pack/cold pack thing a few times today and then talk to him tomorrow...

Laura, so sorry things are taking so long to find out what's going on... I know that time in a hospital is so long from personal experience... And your little one is doing so well, but I totally understand about thinking his sniffles will get you sent home... He'll be miserable and so will everyone else... Take care....

I have read everyone else's posts and would love to comment, but just don't have the energy right now.. Please know I'm thinking of you all and hoping your day is going well.... I'm going to get my hair cut soon.. I need a new "do".... All these surgeries have done a number on my medium long hair... I think I'm going to have to go shorter and I'm nervous.... DH likes long hair, but said I should do whatever needs to be done to feel good about it... We'll see..... I'll try to be back soon... TTYL......... Julie

Julie, have you gone back to either of your surgeons to see what's going on either with your band or the gall bladder surgery? Especially with your history of medical complications, I think I'd want more than a chiropractic adjustment and opinion.

Well, two steps forward and three steps back. I got up this morning.......walked.....went to drink a bottle of Water and slimed. I finally got it down.....couldn't eat breakfast.......then for lunch I ate a half a cup of chicken. Slimed and threw up. Needless to say I am going in the morning to get some of this fill taking out. Hopefully, it will just be a tweak. And just to think I was enjoying not being hungry.

Julie - Have you talked to your doctor - I would - I know you have had so many problems lately - but you should be feeling better - Hugs...

Well, two steps forward and three steps back. I got up this morning.......walked.....went to drink a bottle of Water and slimed. I finally got it down.....couldn't eat breakfast.......then for lunch I ate a half a cup of chicken. Slimed and threw up. Needless to say I am going in the morning to get some of this fill taking out. Hopefully, it will just be a tweak. And just to think I was enjoying not being hungry.

Charlene

Ya being too tight is the pits - you should be able to sip Water comfortably..

Gotta say though I find that exercise does make my band tighter -

Keep us posted..

oh Charlene! I hope you feel better! I know how frustrating it can be to just get a small fill and hope it is just what you need...but then to find yourself sliming and PBing and all that. yuck. Not a good day. Well, tomorrow will be a new day. : )

I've been so tight these last few days but I guess it's more stress and having flown in a tiny pressurized plane. I can eat only 3 bites of anything and I get severe sharp pains just below my breastbone. If I stop at the first twinge of pain, I am fine and it will pass. If I attempt to put that one last bite in... oh goodness, the rest is PB history! I have resolved to have two Protein shakes a day and then a few bites here and there of regular food. The good side to my situation is I am losing well while up here in NC. I am down 6 lbs in a little over a week. That is also after having 2 weeks prior of not losing an ounce! So perhaps it was just my time.

Gals~~~Apples~

I want your life! Have fun with your company! I love when friends come from far away!

Janet~ So proud of your gym stuff. It's that defining moment though that makes you go! WTG! And all that house cleaning, the front of mine needs some work! LOL. Nice weather, beach a mile away. : )

Meredith~ Holy cow you crack me up! $35 of food! How does one even spend that much at McCrack?!!? LOL. Glad it was just a dream. And I totally get your salads. We eat a lot of that kind of stuff. But no cool arabic restaurants here, so I have to make my own. : )

Julie Bubba~ Hope you feel better soon.

I am so tired after a day at the hospital. Now my dad is scheduled for an endoscopy. He had a barium swallow done this a.m. after he choked on his dinner the night before. Well he has a severe stricture in the esophagus. The endo is a safe procedure. Get some Michael Jackson drug (diprivan) and you are in lala land. This won't happen until Fri b/c he was on aspirin and heparin! He's on soft food until then. I made him a SF homemade custard tonight for him. The food has been terrible. The no salt isn't even the problem. Just dried out nasty food.

One good thing through all this is my sister. We are good hospital and home buddies with our eating. IT really helps having someone around that gets what you are doing.

I am so terribly homesick though. Nelson is ready too. : )

Talk soon~ peas

Laura, so glad to hear from you and the update on your dad. Hugs and more prayers coming to you and your family. How's Nelson's sniffles? I hope he's feeling better. Charlene, so sorry to hear about your being too tight. Although I have nearly the same amount in my band as you, I've not experienced pb'g or slime and I hope I never do. So far I think my restriction is good - I seem to stay satisfied for 4 to 5 hours after each meal, so maybe I am at my sweet spot. To everyone who shares their struggles with being too tight, thank you, I do appreciate it cause it's a reminder to us to be more mindful of our bands. At least it reminds me to not take it for granted and to try to "listen" to what it is telling me. Hope you get the unfill soon and feel better. I exercised today at home with my walking tapes. I did 8-1/2 miles - 105 mins. That's about 12 mins. per mile which burns about 1300 calories! I didn't want to take a chance with my bicep injury. Even in Water aerobics we use weights, so just want to rest it until we get back from vacation. Speaking of that, leaving Sunday the 9th and not back until the 20th. I have no laptop so may not be checking in much - there are computers at the resort but not sure how available they'll be. I'll try though, cause I'll sure miss all of you. Julie, hope you got a nice new "do" -- did you decide to cut your hair? I just got my second perm yesterday. It's a nice, soft perm (not an old lady perm which of course, I worried about). I'm letting mine grow out some and that's the only way I can stand to do it - -my hair is thick and poker straight and without a perm I spend hours with a curling Iron. Plus with working out and swimming in the summer, I just want "wash and go" hair and that's what I have with the perm. I wore it this way about 15 years ago and I love it again. Meredith, you are so funny -- I loved your McD story -- what I love most is that when you woke up you thought it was true! LOL. Take care everyone and have a good day tomorrow! Linda

Edited by ljv52

Janet, Laura, Ljv, thanks for the encouraging words. I tried to eat a soft casserole last night, but it was a no go. Then late last night I did get down some runny cream of wheat. I am sure I just need a tweak down. I go at 11am. This is the only part I hate about the band.......getting it right. Well, I have lost 3lbs in a week. I am not putting it on my ticker till I see it is going to stay gone. Okay, gotta go walk. Everyone, have a great day!

Good morning!

Been a busy few days. Today should be calmer, but I got some packing to do and shopping to do for our camping trip this weekend. Hopefully w/o bears! My kids are both coming as well as DD's fiance so should be fun.

Peas, hope your dad continues to improve, am glad you have your sister to share this with! How's Nelsons sniffles?

Arlene, could you have eaten something or too much too big and that irritated your band? Would a day or so allow it to settle down? Seems odd that it would be fine then so tight, but I have heard of people's fills kicking in after the fact. Good luck in figuring it out!

LTV, have fun on your vacation! What kind of resort are you going to?

Apples, am sure you are enjoying your company!

Well I am running late for work so better get, a shout out to all I didn't get mentioned! Doesn't mean you weren't thought of!

Good morning!

Been a busy few days. Today should be calmer, but I got some packing to do and shopping to do for our camping trip this weekend. Hopefully w/o bears! My kids are both coming as well as DD's fiance so should be fun.

Peas, hope your dad continues to improve, am glad you have your sister to share this with! How's Nelsons sniffles?

Arlene, could you have eaten something or too much too big and that irritated your band? Would a day or so allow it to settle down? Seems odd that it would be fine then so tight, but I have heard of people's fills kicking in after the fact. Good luck in figuring it out!

LTV, have fun on your vacation! What kind of resort are you going to?

Apples, am sure you are enjoying your company!

Well I am running late for work so better get, a shout out to all I didn't get mentioned! Doesn't mean you weren't thought of!

Yeah, I would wait except I have acid reflux too. When I told the dr office that acid was coming up........they said I was too tight. I guess I have had so many digestive problems over the years that I know when to call the dr. We will see. I hope it is just a tweak. I will give y'all the scoop when I get back.

Morning, just got DH off to work..... he takes Laromi to the sitter when he leaves, so I'm home alone now... Have a headache this morning, but did sleep last night.. Thanks for the advice about calling my doctor.... I have checked in, but am also pretty sure this is mostly an alignment problem... I have always had a bad back and neck and that is what this feels like... It seems to be working its way up... Today my neck hurts... and I have the headache.... I'm hoping this will be the end of it and I'll be good by the weekend... We are traveling 140 miles to attend a party for one of DH soldier friends who is leaving for Kosovo soon.. When DH was in Iraq he was with a bunch of young gals who looked to him like a dad..... He feels very strongly about these girls and they about him.... It's one of them who is leaving and she will be exstatic that we will be there... Don't see them very often since DH retired from military in 06... anyway, should be fun... will spend the night and come back on Sunday... I have to bake some Cookies to take along.. I used to send lots of care packages when he was gone and the girls just loved my cookies... will make homemade oreos I think..... I should be able to get that done okay......

Yes, Linda, I got my new "do"..... don't know if I like it, but doesn't matter much at this point... It's way shorter than I like.... I, too, have to have a perm to feel comfortable... No body in mine without... it just hangs there flat... I'm not good at doing hair and like simple and easy... This will do....I don't look awful and will get used to it I'm sure...

I should do a few chores this morning... will go with DD to Bismarck this afternoon as she had a dr appt and needs me to occupy the little one.... It should be a fast trip... DD did her last midnight for the week last night so will be very tired today without as much sleep....

Great, have a fun camping weekend... I've never done much of that... It's the mosquitoes that have always bothered me so much...

Laura, sounds like things are still hectic for you... Sorry you are so homesick for your DH... hopefully you can get home soon.. How is Nelson feeling??

Charlene, good luck with your fine tuning.....

Time to get busy.... TTYL..............Julie

Charlene, sorry about being too tight. I haven't had that yet and I really hope I don't. Good luck with your tweak.

Meredith, pretty funny dream. Hope you had a good Breakfast this morning so that $35 of greasy fried stuff doesn't haunt you in your dreams again.

Laura, hope your Dad is doing a little better? How's Nelson's sniffles? It's very nice your sister is able to help you with your food. I'm still working on my sister. She has some foot issues and is very stubborn, but there are improvements going on.

Just a quick post this morning. Have to get ready for work. I finally lost the 4 1/2 pounds I gained when I started eating real food. Yipee....it's only been a week and a half, but I didn't want to go the other way. Now I feel that what I lose is not Water weight or just post surgery weight but I'm actually making progress. I'm hoping to lose 15 more pounds by October 17th. I have a wedding to go to in Texas and would like to be able to wear some clothes I haven't been in since 2004.

Everyone have a good day!

ee

Thanks peeps! I have had a couple of unfills, I know I will get relief.

That dang ol' acid reflux would be a bad thing. Glad you are taking care of it right away, that happened to me once. Just a small amount out and I was good.