Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep you heard me, I am officially at goal!!!

You go Girl. Congrats !! It must eel awesome to be there AT GOAL Yeah!!!:lol::lol::lol::w00t::thumbup:

Hey girlfriends!

OMG!!!! Long! SO AWESOME!!!!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you! When I saw your ticker earlier I was wondering what was going on! SO GREAT!

Laura~ Of course you have to be all the way across the state! And, I totally understand about the "company" thing. Andrew does it to me all of the time! The other day he came home from the baseball game and I was sitting on the couch in a T-shirt and underwear when he walked in. Well, his best friend followed right behind him! Not only was I in my underwear, but the house was a pig sty! I think we should all meet in Florida in Feb!

Janet~ It looks like you girls had an awesome time! I am so glad that you made it home safe and sound. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Apples~ Oh my goodness! What a day from H-E-double hockey sticks! GF, you need to go to bed and do what you said and hit the ground running tomorrow morning.

Well, let me tell you all that today was interesting food wise. I had a kiddy sized turkey sandwich on whole wheat with a 1/2 slice of provolone and mustard from subway. My first taste of meat in 7 or so weeks! It went down well and stayed. I also had both of my Protein Drinks and still had 100 cal left by the end of the evening. So, I decided to be "daring" once again and I had 4 oz of Salmon! MMMMMM. This time before I get my fill won't nearly be as bad as I thought it was going to be now that I have my meat back! I feel great now! WOW. I just wanted to fill all of you in on my happiness of the day. Plus, I got to spend the entire day with horses. What could be better? Geez.

I just wanted to thank all of you again for everything. You have all made this transtition into my bandster life much easier than I ever thought. I also love the fact that we can all talk and vent about whatever we need to and we are still here for one another through those times too. It's amazing really. Love you girls!

~Meredith

Morning gang~

I am back to 244.2 this morning! I feel a LOT better. Yesterday had-

Breakfast: a yoplait yogurt (100cal)

Lunch:Chick FilA chicken Soup (240 cal/ 15 grams protein), 4 chicken nuggets (130 cal/13 grams protein)

Dinner: Unjury(80c) Protein shake made with Light Soy Milk (60c) and 1/2 banana and 4 strawberries (68c). 208 cal/27 grams Protein

Snack: FF Cottage Cheese(70c), 4 saltines(51c).

Jello SF Pudding(70c)

Grand Total:870cal and 72 gams protein

+ coffee and BBQ sauce: 920 cal/72 gms protein

I drank 2 liters of water!

Worked out.

I used a 1/2 of one of those BBQ Sauce things for the nuggets, not sure how much a TBS. of that would be. And I had my coffee- which adds 50 cal. So, let's say another 100 cal?

Anyway, I know one thing for sure, when I write things down I am MUCH better with what I consume, I am less likely to snack uncontrollably, and I feel better.

For today I just made the same shake I had for dinner.

The company last night was ok. I got over my bad mood for the sake of my husband. The only negative was they wouldn't leave! Nelson was up until 10pm!!! I can count on one hand the number of times he has done that. He was thrilled. This gal had NO idea how to interact with a 5 year old. She plans on having kids in the next year and she dismissed Nelson's requests to help him with a floor puzzle. The husband on the other hand was very willing to play Wii Mario Kart with Nelson. Nelson beat him of course..LOL

Welcome back Janet! Loved your photos! Looked like you guys had a great time! Meredith~ Glad you got your meat on! It does a body good! : )

Have a great day everybody!

peasout~ Laura

Mornin' Gang...

Janet...great photos of you and your friends. Scenery up there is beautiful, isn't it? I felt the same as you do about being able to live there. I felt the same way about Alaska. Had youngest living in Homer for a couple of years and spent some time up there. Tried to talk DH into buying some acres and farm. Didn't work.

Meredith...good going on the "real food". I LOVE salmon and eat it almost every day. Smoked dried Tomato is my favorite. You handled the whole wheat bun OK? Yep, been caught in less than my underpants on a couple occasions. Men! Don't they know we need at least 1.5 hrs notice? Sending the xoxoxo right back at ya!

Laura...woohoo on the scale going down. It really does help to document what we eat. So much easier than guessing and letting ourselves get away with a few extras here and there. Truly believe it makes for a successful bandster.

Long....how did it feel to wake up and suddenly be in the maintenance mode??????????

Phyll.....you look so nice in those photos. You are such a pretty lady. Bet you are a load of fun!

Well, I am off and running this morning. Getting done what I didn't yesterday. Have a full day ahead of me plus a wake tonight so better get back at it.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

Good Morning Gang

Apples - hope your day goes better than yesterday ((Hug))

I love the GREEN instead of the brown which is what I have.

Snow is a whole nother story - I know I couldn't handle it..

Meredith - Yes isn't real food great...

Laura - Congrats on the weight loss - you are doing so good.

Just cking in - CBL

I love this cooler summer we're having here. Back down to the 70's today. I'm so much more comfortable than I usually am with the extremely hot and humid Illinois summer weather. My electric bill has been incredibly low. It makes going out and walking everyday so much more pleasant. In the past I'd go out at 6 a.m. and come home covered with sweat.

I have 8 more lbs to go to onederland. My first fill isn't till August 11. I'm hoping to start dropping more rapidly after that. I'm going to miss being able to be on LBT as often once school starts. I've been staying up really late and won't be able to do that anymore. I'll have to be packing a lunch for school and I expect that sandwiches won't work because of the bread. Dry deli meat in a baggie gets pretty old. I may end up having a Protein shake for Breakfast and for lunch frequently. I've never been big on Breakfast and my band is much tighter in the morning so I've been taking a shake with me on my walk as soon as I get up. That way no fluids before the meal. I think I'm going to get some gardening done since its cooler today. Did I say that I hate the heat?

IF....just some lunch and snack ideas for you. I am a "pre-packager". I buy products and then break them down into the 100 cal. snack bags. I have a couple of bins in my pantry full of meals and snack for on the go or just for at home.

*Beef Jerky (I order Worlds Kitchen from Amazon.com)

*Kashi Go-Lean Crunch and Fiber One cereals

*Soynuts

*Pure Protein Bars (WalMart)

*Myoplex Lite Protein bars (Right now eatins the full strength since I am in weight gaining stage)

*Cheese sticks rolled with deli meat

Just some ideas for you!

If~ Do you have access to a microwave? If not buy a small FUNTAINER thermos (at Target or Walmart) They hold 10 oz.. I make a stew or bean Soup and take it with me if I am going to be out and about. (or a one pot wonder the girls are always talking about). Another travel thing I enjoy are the tuna SUNKIST- lunch to go. They are 2.6 oz. or can buy the little 3 oz packets. I mix it with vinegar instead of mayo or LF yogurt and spices. Another idea would be the individual cottage cheese. And there are several of the Healthy Choice that have more Protein. I found the amount of protein is perfect and throw the carb out. I think someone should market some frozen Entrees for the band/bypass patient. If I have other ideas I will let you know.

Thanks for the congrats on goal!! I am still on cloud 9!

Apples, it felt weird and I still don't believe it, did it take your head a long time to catch up with your body and realize you were at goal? I've spent my entire adult life on a diet, I don't know what this is supposed to feel like. I did still weigh myself first thing this morning. I figure I probably always will.

I had a real stressful day or two on top of things. DH was offered a wonderful promotion that meant a move across country. We are very happy here, just moved my 100 yr old grandma here so I could help care for her and my daughter is getting married. Moving is not an option right now. He graciously turned it down 'this time' and they understood the family situation. I was so torn between wanting to support my husband as he is our main bread winner and has climbed the corporate ladder quite well, but on the other hand my heart is here. I was relieved when he really didn't even consider it too much.

Apples, it felt weird and I still don't believe it, did it take your head a long time to catch up with your body and realize you were at goal? I've spent my entire adult life on a diet, I don't know what this is supposed to feel like. I did still weigh myself first thing this morning. I figure I probably always will.

I had a real stressful day or two on top of things. DH was offered a wonderful promotion that meant a move across country. We are very happy here, just moved my 100 yr old grandma here so I could help care for her and my daughter is getting married. Moving is not an option right now. He graciously turned it down 'this time' and they understood the family situation. I was so torn between wanting to support my husband as he is our main bread winner and has climbed the corporate ladder quite well, but on the other hand my heart is here. I was relieved when he really didn't even consider it too much.

Long...I had somewhat of a rollercoaster ride since I hit goal so really cannot say. If you remember, I just kept losing. I had more than doubled my cals right after hitting goal. My doc did not encourage that but the scale kept going down...more than 20lbs past my goal. It's been a slippery slide for me and have been ONLY maintaining since Feb, 2009 when I stopped losing. I am now taking in at least 2500 to 3000 cals a day and just not gaining. I do think it will happen down the road here but it can be just as frustrating as not losing. I never thought it would be a chore to eat but that's how I feel some days. (By all means, this story is in no way a brag).

I was the same weight I am now when we got married and some days think that this is just where I am going to be. What counts is that I feel good and am healthy.

You WILL be able to figure out what it takes to maintain (just like I had to figure out what it took in cals in order to stop losing). If I were you and you feel you are right where you want to be, I would start with 100 cals over the amount you were losing on and go from there. If you still lose, up your cals. The body likes to be fed and have enough cals to burn. Never good to keep cals too low. (I know you know that already!)

I bet you did get stressed about moving at this stage of your life and with your GM moving, daughter getting hitched, etc. What a great DH to back down. Hopefully, there will be another time, if that's what he wants. We are basically stuck where we are. I have wanted to move so many times. Think it just has to do with the fact that we CAN'T because we are married to this farm. And, DH would lay down and die without his land, his crops, open air, etc. I am the one that has given up a lot because of this farm and our business but I accept it and am happy to do anything for DH cuz he's everything to me.

Speaking of stress....yesterday did it to me. Did not notice a tight band then but holy hell...could not eat until about 3:00 today. I'll be up and eating again twice during the night. Will be off for the lake in the morning to de-stress and losen up my band. Another full weekend planned and then pick up my Aussies at the airport on Monday. Cannot wait. :biggrin:

Edited by Apples2

Janet.........checking in. I love your pics ..... all of you look great. You would be proud of me.........I walked every day this week at 6am. Too hot after 7am.

Long..........Congrats! on reaching goal. Awesome!

Apples........just glad you were posting this week or we or you would have been put in TIME OUT! lol

Peeps.......all of you are doing great! I am so grateful I have a place to come to for encouragement.

Oh, DH is down 12lbs. We go to Dr. Davis tomorrow......him for post-op and me for a tweak of a fill.

Phyll, I am gonna start praying for you and a successful surgery.

Long - For Maintenance - you know what I did - I just kept eating like I have all along - I didn't change much - I started baking my fish with cornmeal instead of plain or with a el pato mex sauce (50 calories) But that's about it - I just kept up with my new lifestyle - and thats how I went from 160 (my goal) to 138.. You body will find it's happy weight - just keep eating healthy and exercise and you will do just fine.

You have done such a great job !!!

Long...I had somewhat of a rollercoaster ride since I hit goal so really cannot say. If you remember, I just kept losing. I had more than doubled my cals right after hitting goal. My doc did not encourage that but the scale kept going down...more than 20lbs past my goal. It's been a slippery slide for me and have been ONLY maintaining since Feb, 2009 when I stopped losing. I am now taking in at least 2500 to 3000 cals a day and just not gaining. I do think it will happen down the road here but it can be just as frustrating as not losing. I never thought it would be a chore to eat but that's how I feel some days. (By all means, this story is in no way a brag).

I was the same weight I am now when we got married and some days think that this is just where I am going to be. What counts is that I feel good and am healthy.

You WILL be able to figure out what it takes to maintain (just like I had to figure out what it took in cals in order to stop losing). If I were you and you feel you are right where you want to be, I would start with 100 cals over the amount you were losing on and go from there. If you still lose, up your cals. The body likes to be fed and have enough cals to burn. Never good to keep cals too low. (I know you know that already!)

I bet you did get stressed about moving at this stage of your life and with your GM moving, daughter getting hitched, etc. What a great DH to back down. Hopefully, there will be another time, if that's what he wants. We are basically stuck where we are. I have wanted to move so many times. Think it just has to do with the fact that we CAN'T because we are married to this farm. And, DH would lay down and die without his land, his crops, open air, etc. I am the one that has given up a lot because of this farm and our business but I accept it and am happy to do anything for DH cuz he's everything to me.

Speaking of stress....yesterday did it to me. Did not notice a tight band then but holy hell...could not eat until about 3:00 today. I'll be up and eating again twice during the night. Will be off for the lake in the morning to de-stress and losen up my band. Another full weekend planned and then pick up my Aussies at the airport on Monday. Cannot wait. :juggle:

Apples - Have fun at the lake - you need the R&R after that terrible day you had the other day...

Janet.........checking in. I love your pics ..... all of you look great. You would be proud of me.........I walked every day this week at 6am. Too hot after 7am.

Long..........Congrats! on reaching goal. Awesome!

Apples........just glad you were posting this week or we or you would have been put in TIME OUT! lol

Peeps.......all of you are doing great! I am so grateful I have a place to come to for encouragement.

Oh, DH is down 12lbs. We go to Dr. Davis tomorrow......him for post-op and me for a tweak of a fill.

Phyll, I am gonna start praying for you and a successful surgery.

Charlene - Congrats on the Walking !!! WTG !! It's to hot at 5 a.m. to walk here 90 degrees... Is you DH walking with you too?? Next year us lucky #7's are going to have to run to keep up with Phyl once she has her new knee...

I'm back from the gym - have the dogs feed and dinner started for GS - I'm having salad tonite as I am going to lunch with a company person tomorrow..

Not much to report - same old same old ..

Hi ladies. Just wanted to check in and say "hi". I had an annoying day today. I found out that I did not do so well on my test that I had on Monday. Oh well, it's Philosophy! Ick. I have a 3.9 and I'm nervous that this class will bring down my GPA. Just had to complain. I need to keep up good grades in order to get into Physician Assistant school!

Ok, thats about it. I made some chicken salad tonight. It was delicious. I found this organic FF vegan mayo and it is sooo good. I even like it better than regular mayo. I also added some dill pickle relish. Delish. I figured that the chick salad is 105 cal per 1/2c. serving.

Good night all.

~Meredith

Mornin' All...

Meredith...I LOVE chicken salad. I slice cucumbers and plop it on top of them instead of crackers. What a great job to get into for a career (PA). Wishing you luck.

Well, ready to run out the door and up North to the lake. The dog is already by the door saying "Hurry up, Mom....time is awastin'" This weekend includes: new cafe with the GF's tonight, beach and party barge tomorrow along with dinner on our deck with friends tomorrow night. Saturday planning a bday party for a close friend. Everyone brings something to throw in a huge fryer (not healthy). I am cutting up whole porkloin into strips and putting a homemade rub on them. Figured this is healthier than soaking up fat with breading. Sunday is a pot luck picnic with the entire resort and Monday I pick up our Aussies at the airport. My kind of weekend!

You all have a wonderful and safe weekend. Talk to you sometime next week.

CHARLENE....I AM LEAVING NOW AND WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN I AM BACK!!!!!!!!!

Morning to all.... Apples, sounds like a full and fun weekend.... You must do as much cooking there as when you're at home.... have a great time... We'll look for you back when you get here....

All the rest of you sound like you are doing so well... It's a wonderful thing.....wish we had thought of this lap-band thing a long time ago!!!! I had a bad day yesterday.. Didn't feel right......slight upset stomach, a little headache, a big backache and just plain blah.... Went to Bismarck with DH to get new tires on the car and just sort of limped through it... Didn't sleep well either.. I'm on this mega dose of Vitamin D from the doctor and those are some of the side effect symptoms.. Have a call in to the doc before I take anymore... don't like feeling this way... I'm hoping to get a few things done today, but am going to go easy.. We have a big weekend coming as DD is in a wedding of the daughter of one of my best friends.. Need and want to be at my current best... I'm keeping my fingers crossed.... DH just took the little one to my mother for a couple hours until DD is up and ready for her... So, I'm going to go slow and try to shake this whatever-it-is off.... You all have a great day.. Julie