Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Linda, so glad you checked in. God bless you and your dgd. May he guide the dr.s and family in making decisions and may he make the treatment effective.

Laura, the same for your dad. Let us know what's going on.

Julie, the Lord bless and keep you and speed your recovery. Take care of yourself.

For those struggling with addicted children, take care of yourselves. God bless and keep you.

Love, Cheri

Checking in........got .4cc in my band yesterday. I am now back at 5.9cc......where I was before the unfill. I think this is going to do the job.

Dr. Davis is now putting in Realize bands. The hospital he is with now has a contract with Realize. Anyway, he gave me a password for the Realize website where I can log my daily food. By the way, he thinks Realize and the newer lap bands are about the same. Oh, DH went with me because he had a check-up too. He is doing great and is now on soft food.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Prayers for those with sick loved ones. Take Care!

Hello guys~

Well, looks like Nelson and I will leave in the a.m. for NC. They are transferring my dad tonight to a bigger medical center. The hospital near their house does not do dialysis. So right now they are frustrated, in his room waiting for God knows what! It may be paper work, the nurse to get back from dinner, or for the ambulance... either way it is frustrating waiting when you don't feel good. Not that I will really help anything, but my dad wants me to come up. I wish DH could come, as he might be even more helpful than a nurse practitioner. He just had 2 weeks of vacation and has to be back on Monday. Not that you can time things, but had this happened last weekend we could have all gone for a week. It will be tough for me to be there with Nelson alone. He can be a handful at times, needing attention.

You know the one thing that made my dad so upset.. he has had the same nephrologist for 20+ years. When he got admitted his dr (cardiologist) called the nephr. for a consult and to let him know what was happening. The nephr. sent a partner to see him but never called or came himself. My parents took it so personally, as they feel really close to the doctor after all these years. It was so bad today, that I actually felt that this was bothering my dad more than his medical condition! I had DH put a call in to the good nephr. 2 hrs later he did finally call. But not sure if it really helped as now they say "he called, but only after Nael called and told him to!" Can't win for losing.

They still don't know why he went into renal failure. He was perfectly fine a few weeks ago, with labs of a 20 year old. And then over the last few days with no apparent reason, the kidney just shut down. He has been so "good" the last year, exercising, eating healthy, keeping his blood sugars normal... and this is what happens. He also doesn't handle this stuff well and is a tough patient. His Turkish temper gets the best of him... but what he really needs to do is relax.

My sister said my mom is an emotional mess. She is a retired nurse and handles everything well in front of him, but as soon as she goes to the cafeteria she breaks down and cries. So I am glad I will be there to help her out a bit.

I had to cancel all my workouts, and even had a gyn appt on Monday to explore the absent TOM. All this can be handled later.

ok gang~ keep up the good work. Thanks for the well wishes and concerns. I will update you when I can.

peasout~

Laura

Good Morning Gang ! Meredith, the way I have been losing is for 2 or 3 wks, I will stay the same and then one day when I weigh, usually on Fridays, I'll lose some. At first I was getting upset but then I looked at the whole picture and realised I was losing and didn't worry so much about the weekly losses ! I know that it's the small losses that gets us into the big losses but when I don't have a loss one wk, I just think about the BIG loss that I have overall !! I just keep on plugging along, do what I know is right and , hopefully, on Friday I will see a loss !! Sometimes I feel like "The little engine that can" !!! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, and one of these days it will be, I KNEW I COULD !!

Linda~~~ hugs and prayers go out for you and your DGD. Hope she is doing better!!

Laura~~~ Sorry to hear about your Dad ! He must be so proud that you and your sis are there to support him and your Mom ! We will keep you guys in our prayers !!

Laura,

So sorry to hear about your Dad's health problems. Will keep him and your family in my prayers.

Just checking in before i leave. I think my band has been tighter the last 48 hours. The only positive thing is down 2 lbs!

I think I have mentioned that my dad is a private pilot. He mentioned to my mom this a.m. that the thing he is saddest about was the last time to come visit us a couple weeks ago... was his last time flying. Once someone has had dialysis it is usually an end to passing the FAA physical. I honestly think flying was keeping him healthy. I was just about to reserve our flight when my parents called, dad said no sense in the plain sitting getting dusty- so he is sending a friend pilot of his to come get us. so sweet! The positive is we just have to go to our little local airport, no lines, no check in. The negative is the usually 1 hr commercial flight is 3 hours on this tiny one!

My dad is at the medical center. He had a pretty tough transport though. He had a complete fit when the guys finally arrived to transfer him! He was refusing to go.. b/c they made him wait... and he threatened to call the newspaper and report their incompetence... <sigh> Anyway, a very smart and kind nurse supervisor was able to diffuse him and away he went. Mom said he is a little confused too. This is from a man who literally went from rags to riches... started as a janitor in a Boston fish market... to owner/CEO of a fortune 500 company. He paid his own way through engineering school, while working full time. He's known for his kindness, honesty, intelligence, business sense and wit. He doesn't want anyone outside of family to know he is sick.

I will be in touch! Thank you guys- I can feel the love.

Good Morning Gang

Laura - Safe travel and prayer for your Daddy - I know how tough this is on you - my Dad and congestive heart failure the day of my Stepmom's funeral - he was in a local hospital for almost 2 weeks not getting better so we airlifted him to Enciantias (san diego area) where his heart and lung doctor were. Hugs Hugs Hugs - Stress will make your band tight - it seems to to it for all of us - Prayer being sent for your family!!!

Charlene, Lapband (allergan) now has some of that stuff too - there is another lbt site band2gether - started by a girl (photonut) who use to be on this site but something happend never figured out what - some kind of fight I think - well she and her dh started a new site - I don't like it as well as lbt but I ck it everynow and then - and she posted something about new food jouneral - discount for band pple with curves etc - I was going to copy and post here - but thought that would be stealing - so I didnt

Linda - I forget (easily you know the whole age thing :0) What's wrong with DGD - Hugs & Prayer for her.

While in Canada - I learned about the French coffee press - omw - what great coffee - my new addiction...

Well just cking in - I forgot to turn off alarm last night - it went off at 5 - but I have to go to gym this morning - I feel like I have gained 20 lbs (reality 1) but feeling really bloated and fat... I know you all are saying ya right Janet - size 4 and fat - but the feeling never leave no matter what size you are...

Last night had gym to make up for not going monday we did arms - today will be carido (treadmill) it's 6:30 so I better get dressed gym opens at 7 and I like to get there 1st thing so I can get MY FAV TREADMILL (in the corner with a fan directly overhead - I hate being hot)..

CBL :)

Morning gang.... I'm just not feeling well these last few days.. don't know what it is... My stomach actually hurts at times... not upset, but pain..... chiropractor says my upper back was out so bad and the nerves there are connected to the stomach.. Hoping to feel better soon... We have a big day today with a wedding and being in charge of Laromi while DD is a bridesmaid.. I have to try to get myself and her ready to go... Took her up to Great Grandma for a couple hours so DH can do a few things and I can get mine done.. She was awake at 4:00 this morning after falling asleep at 8:00 last night... Too much energy for me to handle her.... Anyway, I am getting a little nervous about not feeling well.. I've had so much go wrong the last few months that I'm getting gun-shy!!! And I ate too much yesterday trying to eat away my stress I think.... no more of that!!!!

Laura, I'm thinking you are a little scared right now and that's understandable... It's good that you can go and be there for your dad and mom.... Sometimes that's all it takes to make a difference..... My prayers are with you... and don't worry about Nelson..... he'll be a joy to them, too......Just let him be his little self... Keep us informed.... and enjoy your plane ride... I don't like planes....don't know if I could even get in a little one... Big chicken, here!!!!

Meredith, listen to these gals... you're doing great and you have yet to settle into your weight loss routine.. Our bodies have minds of their own... I stay the same for a while and then lose...... and on and on... but am down 101 so it all adds up.... it will for you, too....... just keep doing what you're doing..

Linda, hope you're taking care of yourself with all this worry about DGD..... Sounds like she is a little trooper and she must get that from someone... Maybe Grandma!!! you take care and let us know what we can do to help you..... Prayers are on the way....

Charlene, glad you and DH are doing well.... keep up the good work...

Well, time to see if I can find some energy to Iron my dress for the wedding.... and a shirt for DH.... Laromi's clothes are ready... I had to dig up a sweater to go over her little sundress as we have gone from summer to spring here... It was only 61 yesterday and supposed to be about the same today... chilly!!!! You all have a great weekend... I'll hope to check in tomorrow...TTYL............. Julie

Hi everyone, Laura, hugs hugs and hugs to you. Will be thinking and praying for your dad and your family. Glad he was able to send a private jet for you - so much easier and less stressful-- plus I'm sure Nelson will enjoy that a lot!! Julie, hope you feel better -- maybe it's stress, but you should call your doctor and have him check it out. Sounds like you have a busy busy week planned. Janet, my DGD has a disease called Dermatomyostis -- it's a complicated disease -- it involves small blood vessels and causes a terrible rash, but the worse part is it also causes muscle degeneration. So she has to be on mega doses of steriods and is also on a chemo drug (small doses compared to cancer patients, but it's still scary). Anyway, she came home from hospital yesterday. First thing this am she called and said, "Umma (my nickname) I want to come to your house. I miss you." So she'll come over as soon as I'm done working. I work from home on call today until 2:00 p.m. You'd never know what trauma she's been through this week -- she just acts like she always has - kids really are amazing the way they bounce back from things. Thanks to all of you for your prayers, support and concern. I swear, there are times I can actually feel the prayers out there! Well, gotta run and get back to work. CBL. Linda

Hi Gals.

Laura~ So sorry about Dad. I'm glad that you and Nelson are able to go and see them. I will pray for him and for you as well. It is tough to stay strong during times like this.

Linda~ I'm glad that your DGD is acting like her usual self wanting to come over and see Grandma! When I was little no one made me feel better or more loved than my Grammy. Actually, it still is like that!

Julie~ Sorry that your aren't feeling well. Let us know how the wedding goes and how you are feeling afterwards.

Doodle and Janet~ I will take your advice and vary my calories. The 1.3 that I gained was gone last night. I drank a lot of Water to try to get rid of some of the weight, and apparently it worked.

Well, I really did not have that great of a morning. I woke up and threw up! I think it's because I took my BC pill last night on an empty stomach. It was just bile, but I didn't feel well for the rest of the day. It was a slow day at work anyhow so I decided to take the day off. I needed to get some sleep anyhow. How dangerous is it to throw up like that? Since it had to come from the lower part of the stoma it was harder to get it out. Gross I know, but just wondering.

CBL~ Meredith

Laura, I am sending you much love and prayers for you and your family.

Well gang, I REALLY messed up yesterday!! I went to my DD Sat. visit and I always take our lunch. She wanted a stuffed BBQ potatoe, and I had been wanting one for a long time so I got one for myself also! I ate half of it and took the rest home, which wasn't bad but , for some reason, I started haveing a bad day and went back to my old habits of being upset and eating to cover it up and so there was a BIG OLE HONKIN brownie that kept calling my name so I ate the whole thing and when I finished, I thought, well I've really messed up now and went back and finised my potatoe!! I don't know what happened that made those old feelings come back but there they were before I knew it !! Anyway, I went bed or I should say, I kicked myself all the way to bed, hateing what I had done and wondering WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED !!! But I got up this a.m. and feel better and learned a lesson ! The old snack demon is still there and I have to learn how to regonize when it sneeks up on me and do something to counteract it !! Now I understand Meredith and her olives !!!

Doodle, take a deep breath and forgive yourself. Do not dwell on what happened yesterday - it's not important. Sounds like you're already back in the groove. Who knows why we do what we do? If we all knew the answers none of us would be here to begin with (I know that's hardly consolation, but true). I have learned that for me if I get up and do my exercising early in the day, it tends to keep me motivated to keep food out of my mouth -- because I work out hard and don't want to jeopardize all that I accomplished with exercise. Next time you feel like eating something you shouldn't try taking a walk -- even if it's just to the end of the driveway and back and see if the craving goes away. Sometimes that helps even though it only takes a few minutes. I also sometimes go take a bath or even allow myself a nap -- or give myself permission to sit down and watch a movie instead of eating. Try replacing the craving with doing something for yourself instead -- that's the mindset we all need to be on. Sounds like you have it back under control, but remember, this is not a diet, it's a life style change and every once in awhile it's okay to have a treat like a brownie. Hope you are having a better day. Laura, hugs and prayers - hope your DD is doing okay. Linda

Doodle--You're not going to believe it but I just wrote about a similar experience in my blog: IF YOUR STOMACH OFFENDS YOU, TIE IT OFF

Its called Progress Isn't Just Measured in Pounds Lost. Having a treat on occasion and then getting back on the food protocol and following the rules of the tool is progress. We all need a progress journal where we record little things like I can cross my knees now, or My stomach's not sticking out farther than my boobs, or I chose to have a treat and I went back on my food protocol. I did not binge, or I binged but got back on my food protocol. Remember, guilt makes you eat so don't beat yourself up.

Hi all, hope everyone had a great weekend... I made it through the wedding festivities... Didn't over-do anything too badly... No cake, but did have a couple little bars...... The mother of the bride is my best friend and I knew she made them all and I just couldn't help myself... they were good, too!!!! Roast beef and ham supper with all the trimmings, but I mostly just picked at it... so all in all I did well... Our little one wore Grandpa out just having so much energy.. She danced and danced.........so cute to watch them... DD had a good time, too, and that makes me happy as she doesn't get out much..... I'm feeling okay... nothing wonderful... DH and I sat in the hot-tub earlier and that relaxed me, but I do still have a little pain in my side... I'm hoping the next week will be a better one than the last...

Doodle, we've all been there.... It's so embarrassing to admit we lose control, even now!!! But we all do... The trick is to just get back on the old horse and gallop away.... You'll be just fine...

Linda, hope you and your little one had a fun time... They are so precious.... enjoy...

Meredith, hope you're feeling better now.. Don't know where that came from.... I'm sure it was no fun...

Time to veg in my chair for a while before bed.. TTYL......... Julie