Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Menu helps - sounds like it is close to the Weight Watchers diet - if so, did you stick to the normal range of points that you would be in where you not banded or should you shave off a few since you are banded?

Janet...good to hear your scales are "unstuck". That's the thing I admire about you. You have a range where you are comfortable and will not allow yourself to go over your limitations on the scale. I think what made most of us fat to begin with was seeing that we were going up in weight, feeling defeated, and then giving up. You rock!

I also have that same respect for slow losers. The ones that are so patient even though it takes them twice as long to lose.:thumbup:

Your signature says it all

Believing requires action !!

I love that !!!!

Menu helps - sounds like it is close to the Weight Watchers diet - if so, did you stick to the normal range of points that you would be in where you not banded or should you shave off a few since you are banded?

I am a big on WW as I think it's the most balanced eating plan out there - you get everything - just in moderation and yes it's pretty much how I eat..

I learned WW on the exchange system - I did the points but don't remember how it went - what I liked about the exchange is that it gave you limits with carbs/starches where as with the points you could use them for anything - but again - I really don't remember if you were suppose to have 4 points for Protein - 4 points for starches etc..

I also am a firm believer in keeping a food diary - I did that until I got to goal - 1 solid year - I counted calories and protein - that's it - but I limit my starches - I always allow for 1/2 c rice for dinner (or Pasta or tatoes - but I mostly eat rice)

We have to know the # of caloires we are putting in our bodies - cuz losing weight is all about calories in vs calories burned (out) - it's simple math really ..

What are you doing for exercise..

BTW who was looking for the Wii Plus - My costco had it - but it wasn't in the section you would think it was in - it was next to the food where all the gift certificates were on sale at $17.95 ..

Okay, I am going to commit to a food diary and counting my WW points. That alone has to help. I walked right much during the summer (I get several weeks vacation at work and take them during the summer so I had time). I must admit that I am not exercising as I should be. Between 50 hour work weeks, college classes, and teenagers I am about at my max that I can do - but this is too important. Maybe I can get up 30 minutes earlier 3 times a week to start with. Thank you for the help! I will go back to my WW training and see what results I get from that. Happy Thanksgiving.

Okay, I am going to commit to a food diary and counting my WW points. That alone has to help. I walked right much during the summer (I get several weeks vacation at work and take them during the summer so I had time). I must admit that I am not exercising as I should be. Between 50 hour work weeks, college classes, and teenagers I am about at my max that I can do - but this is too important. Maybe I can get up 30 minutes earlier 3 times a week to start with. Thank you for the help! I will go back to my WW training and see what results I get from that. Happy Thanksgiving.

Hugs on all that you have on your plate - you have tons - but yes you have to make time for you!!!

Also I have this other imho - pple who quit posting are usually struggling and don't want to admit to it - For me I find posting here and my other threads - helps to keep me honest - I am a person who does as I say - you know instead of do as i say and not as I do..

It's like going to a WW meeting - but this place is open 24/7

As you can see by our post - it's not just about weight but our lives - I struggle too at times - but what I do now opposed to the past is - I pull up the boot straps and move foward.. I don't say oh well I blew it - and then keep on blowing it - I stop and get back on track -

We are here for you so if you like - feel free to jump in - we have long time banders here who will help - this is a little village and it takes all of us helping each other to make it..

Happy Turkey Day to you too... Hope you come back !!

Just a quick catch up before my pills kick in..(I hope). It's been a long day with more pain that usual... I could usually handle the daytime okay and the real pain hit at night... Today has been most of the day... Dang it.... So, I took all my pills a bit ago and hope they will kick in soon...

Apples, it's my brother's birthday today, too... He is 53 today...... the one from SD.... He loved the butterscotch pie I took him last week as a birthday present... I didn't realize it was Phyll's birthday now, too... Which day is yours??? Happy birthday!!! Apples, I've spent many birthdays alone, too, especially when DH was on shift work and Guards.... There are lots worse things.. Knowing you are loved is the most important and I'm sure you know you are!!!!!!

Cheri, I'm sure your daughter will do just fine with your instructions... It's so good to have family around for these holidays... Can't imagine those who have no one to share with..... We are really blessed.... Have a great time in TN......

Apples, I wasn't good at following the Protein first rule today either... I can't eat every hour, but I tend to snack more when Mimi is here.. She likes my rice cakes for a snack so that isn't so bad... And she likes my split pea soup... I hope you can get a few pounds back on so you can just eat normally for awhile.. Gotta be hard trying to get in so many calories... Your 50th birthday sounds like it was a blast... Gotta have those things to remember.... We did one like that for my dad and it was one of the highlights of his life.... He never forgot it.....worth all the effort just to see him smile....

Well, I feel things calming down some, so should go try to relax...... maybe I'll sleep some tonight.. I did have a nap earlier... Mimi comes at 8:00 tomorrow as DD has a doc appt.... Will need my strength....

Goodnight friends... Have a good one... Julie

Apples, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like you had a fabulous 50th. Hope today was good for you despite the fact your family was working. Maybe your DH will sneak a little something special in for you tonight......wink wink.

My DH put together a surprise 50th for me too at a hotel with all my friends and a catered dinner. It was a surprise and a lot of fun. After that, birthdays are just another day....don't really want a big party or anything. Maybe by the 60th I'll be ready for another party.

Janet, I have projects if you get too bored after Thanksgiving....lots of projects.

Busy busy busy busy at work. Got back to a pile of emails part of which are notifications of new sites I need to field visit. So not only do I have 10 cell sites to field visit, I have 15 more FTTN sites (fiber to the node). This means we take Fiber optics to a junction box, put in some additional equipment and then can provide high speed internet to that area. I managed to visit 3 of the sites today plus two regular work sites and tomorrow I have 3 cell site to do. It's amazingly busy.

Okay, I have an early meet in the morning and have to switch Jeeps with the mechanic before that so I'm signing off.

Hope everyone has a great night.

Eva

Apples~ I'm so sorry that I didn't get on here a bit earlier to wish you a happy birthday! I love that you could just do and eat pretty much what ever you wanted today. Thats fun! Sometimes I really enjoy time to myself to run around the house and dance and listen to music at an extremely loud volume when no one is home. Other times I like to knit and craft and stay quiet. To me, it sounds like a great birthday with all of the hectic stuff you have going on lately. Also, I think that I am going to try your recipe that you posted on here the other day tomorrow. It sounds so good.

Phyl~ Your chilli recipe sounds awesome too! I'm not a super fan of cilantro though. Does the taste seem to be pungent in this recipe? In some cases I do like it though, so maybe I will just try it. I'll bet that the jack cheese really tops it off nicely.

Eva~ Sorry about your battery. Glad you are home safe and sound, and really glad that you and Janet had a wonderful time with Phyl. I'm so jealous that all of you are meeting one another. I hope that we are all still on for February? If so, I still cannot wait. Also, I was wondering if you have any easy suggestions for my turtles diet? I am giving him canned dog food, fruits, and veggies. He's kinda picky though, so I don't know what else to feed him. Also, since he has been in captivity since birth I am really nervous to give him any worms or minnows. Do you think that it would be ok to give him these? I don't even let him go on the grass in the summer time when I take him outside because I don't want him exposed to the fertilizer or anything else that might make him sick. I know, I sound crazy.

Janet~ That pickle!!!! Why does it sometimes happen and sometimes not. I think that we are alike with our bands that we are tight in the morning and wide open in the evening. I really wish it would switch around. Gosh.

Julie~ So sorry that you are still struggling with pain and sleeplessness. You poor thing. Hope it gets better for you. How about using an ace bandage to hold the ice packs onto your body? Hopefully DD and DH will be able to help you on TG with the preparation of the meal. Its an awful lot of work for you to do if you are in pain.

Cheri~ Great pics of you and your little lady exercising! So cute! You look amazing. Keep up the good work! Enjoy your break from school. I know how it goes since my mother is in the same boat with her special ed kids too. I always say "it takes a special person to do that job".

Linda~ Like Janet mentioned, wtg on the weight loss! You've almost lost 100 pounds!!! Just awesome!

Great~ Have a good time on your trip! Can't wait to see the pics of you and apples when you meet!

As for me, I got another fill today. I am at 6 cc's now. I think it's pretty tight, but we will see tomorrow evening when i try to make and eat the meal that apples posted the other day. I tried chilli tonight, and it was a no go. I should have done like i always do and waited until tomorrow to try mushies. Usually i only drink Protein Drinks for a day or two after a fill.

As you can see, it's pretty late. I've been up studying for a nutrition exam that i have tomorrow. I always am so last minute. Anyhow, i'm going to take a shower before bed to help me relax, then hit the hay.

Goodnight all. Love you!

Meredith

Happy B-day to Apples and Phyl.

Went to see the movie Blindside last night, what a great movie. It's a must see, even the guys will like it.

Tonight they are throwing in a extra Zumba class since the one on Thurs is cancelled. So I am going and my daughter is going with me. What a surprise when she said she wanted to.

I've got my stuff ready for T-day that I am going to make. Now if I could get my game plan ready for Black Friday. Mostly go just for the fun of it and inspriation (sp).

Have a great day to all....

Laura K

Mornin' All!

Just want to thank you ALL for all the bday greetings. It really was a nice day and did NOT have a pout on about being alone. I am so used to going with the flow around here when it comes to farming. Once this corn is harvested and the stocks are chopped, DH will be around more. I'm not one to be clingy and will be pushing him back out the door to his shop a few days after he has completed harvest.

Even though DH is a true workaholic he has taken 30 yrs to have Breakfast and coffee with me for 1 1/2 hours almost every day of the week. Even if we need to get up a couple of hours early, we have always taken that time together. He has never forgotten a bday or an anniversary...he even remembered my LB bandiversary all on his own. He's one to be hit and miss with gifts (which I don't mind cuz just him remembering and making a card for each event makes it sooooooo special). When he does get me a gift, it's a big one. I don't have a spare finger due to the jewelry he as gotten me. He always says diamonds are a "good investment". I read that as he is "investing" in me! Anyway, I've never had to ask for a thing....it's usually in the toe of a Christmas stocking.

If I come off as complaining about this life, I'm sorry and don't mean to come off that way. I DO appreciate my life. It's just that the plate is a little full sometimes. To make all this work, I sold my business and have been working from home for 9 yrs. It's much appreciated by DH and DS but some days I go mad not having anyone to talk to except the dog.

Besides the farm, we have a full time ag tiling business and we also are 1/2 owners in a business where they sell an implement designed and made by DH and his partner. They sell in the US and Canada. During the winter DS and DH also design and build different types of implements to fit certain farmers needs and sell them.

So, as you all can see, the plates are full and sometimes it builds to the point where it's too much for me and I'd like to just get a "simple" job in town. Now that I've written a book........

Meredith..happy to know you are going to try Phyll's and my recipes. I just freeze the leftovers in portion size cups and it is even better when reheated. Just take your time eating. Watch for signs after this fill. Once you irritate, you need to be careful and eat liquids or very soft foods. My doc had us on full solids after fills but I did not trust and did liquids for at least 24 hours. Thanks for the bday greetings.

Julie...enjoy Mimi today. Hope your pain subsides and you can enjoy Thanksgiving. Don't overdo with that shoulder.

On the road today. Couple of hour dirve to pick up farm parts and will fit in a Walmart and Target trip in there also. I love driving. Crank up the radio or CD and sing.

Cheri...enjoy your trip and have fun with sis's family. Sounds like you need a break. DD will do fine with the turkey. You know you are an adult when you are allowed to make the first TG turkey! I must have been an adult at 10 cuz, if I remember right, that was my first all on my own. I needed help getting out of the oven.

You all have a great day.

Eva...sounds like you are super busy with your job. At least you don't have to sit idle during the winter like around here after it freezes. Most of the ppl that have jobs like yours are laid off for six months out of the year.

As far as DH getting in last night and what you suggested should happen...well, by the time I got the mud scraped off him and the grain dust blown off, the ole CPAP machine was on and he was snoring. We have a long winter coming....we'll see what we can do!

Good Morning

Been up since 5:30 been to they gym cleaned the kitchen -got bills spread all over my desk to see how much $$ I will have for Xmas..

Need to jump in the shower and get my target shopping done

Apples I didn't take it that you were complaining - I know that you love your dh and understand what it's like to be a farmers wife and you take it all in stride. I think you got a pretty good life and know that and appreciate it :0)..

Well gang - gotta get moving ...

CBL

Apples, Happy Birthday! (sorry if late)

I see in your posts that you are farmers? Can I ask where? I grew up on a large farm in Illinois. Don't ever hear of many other farmgirls.:ohmy:

Good Morning

Been up since 5:30 been to they gym cleaned the kitchen -got bills spread all over my desk to see how much $$ I will have for Xmas..

Need to jump in the shower and get my target shopping done

Apples I didn't take it that you were complaining - I know that you love your dh and understand what it's like to be a farmers wife and you take it all in stride. I think you got a pretty good life and know that and appreciate it :0)..

Well gang - gotta get moving ...

CBL

Oh Janet...never even caught anything by what you said. I just felt that all by myself I did a little too much complaining in my post last night. No problem!:ohmy:

Apples, Happy Birthday! (sorry if late)

I see in your posts that you are farmers? Can I ask where? I grew up on a large farm in Illinois. Don't ever hear of many other farmgirls.:ohmy:

Thanks for the bday wishes. We farm in MN. The farm runs us ragged about nine months out of the year but we are very fortunate to have a few months to regroup in the winter. No livestock...just corn and soybeans.

Well getting dressed to go play bingo !! Wish me luck - may be ck in when I get home - maybe not til the morning.

Kids will be here late morning :0)

Let the Holidays begin !!!!