Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Apple - Yep now I have a little history - now lets see how much I remember by next week :eek:

Lori - Glad things are going better than you expected. My Mom has been dead 38 yrs and my Dad & Stepmom 16 yrs.. My Aunt in Texas who's 92 was ok about it (Dad's Sister) and so was my Uncle (My Mom's Bro) he's 64.. Those are the only elders I have left - Oh well my Big Sis - who's 59 - No one gave me crap and everyone is happy for me to be so much healthier

Gail - Hugs

Ellen ,Becky, Charlene, Jill, Mia, Joann, PJ, Cathy & Kathy - How are you all doing today (if I forgot someone - please forgive me it wasn't on purpose Old age) Do we have any fills this week - how's everyone restriction - better or worse - food choices & exercise - any issue going on??

I had a good day - work was work - yogurt/granola for bf - Soup for lunch - soy Protein puffs for snack - one pot wonder for dinner and 1 hrs weights (arms) ...

I am ready for the couch and some t.v. :)

Well just cking in - will cbl - Hugs Janet

Janet, I walked this morning, journaled my food and babysat. My daughter herniated a disk and needs surgery in the next week. She has nerve damage. She will have to stay with us and I will care for her and the new grand daughter. She cannot lift or bend for a month. I have herniated disks too, but not as bad as hers. That was the main reason I got the band. I am so thankful I have taken a few lbs off. I haven't cared for a newborn 24/7 since my daughter was a baby with the exception of the first week of my grandchildren's lives. This will be a challenge. I may have to vent if I get time between feedings and diaper changing. Janet, thanks for being here for us. You are a Gem!

Hi to all tonight (Wednesday). first of all, Gail, so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. Time will heal your pain but it takes time. I remember when I lost my mother and dad. I still miss my mom. Today I had okay day with food. Did alot of odds and ends. Then worked on bills, went for 2.4 mile walk and came home fixed dinner, went got my nails done. I too have that bladder problem. Mine is worse this year than its ever been. I am going to have to do something soon. Talk with ya tomorrow. Glad everyone doing okay.

Beckyo:tt1:

Hi Janet,

Thank you for your post. I do need a buddy to help me. I am having some challenges and I need some support.

I had surgery on September 5th and I will have my first fill in about two weeks. I have only lost about 12 lbs. post surgery so far and I am feeling a little discouraged. The first week after surgery, I was barely drinking about 300 calories and the 2nd week, I went to Protein shakes and went up to 600 calories and I completely stopped losing weight. I am now eating about 850 calories and the weight is really coming off slow. Do you remember if you had the same problem?

Yea!!!!!!!!!! I have finally lost forty lbs. I wish it were fifty. I may not be a power loser, but at least I am a loser. Only with weight loss is being called a LOSER is a good thing!

Janet, I walked this morning, journaled my food and babysat. My daughter herniated a disk and needs surgery in the next week. She has nerve damage. She will have to stay with us and I will care for her and the new grand daughter. She cannot lift or bend for a month. I have herniated disks too, but not as bad as hers. That was the main reason I got the band. I am so thankful I have taken a few lbs off. I haven't cared for a newborn 24/7 since my daughter was a baby with the exception of the first week of my grandchildren's lives. This will be a challenge. I may have to vent if I get time between feedings and diaper changing. Janet, thanks for being here for us. You are a Gem!

Charlene - OMG I agree taking care of a newborn at this stage in our lives would be alot- feel free to vent all you want - Prayers for your Daughters Surgery - J

Hi to all tonight (Wednesday). first of all, Gail, so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. Time will heal your pain but it takes time. I remember when I lost my mother and dad. I still miss my mom. Today I had okay day with food. Did alot of odds and ends. Then worked on bills, went for 2.4 mile walk and came home fixed dinner, went got my nails done. I too have that bladder problem. Mine is worse this year than its ever been. I am going to have to do something soon. Talk with ya tomorrow. Glad everyone doing okay.

Beckyo:tt1:

Becky You are doing so good on your exercise - the weight loss should help the bladder problems

Hi Janet,

Thank you for your post. I do need a buddy to help me. I am having some challenges and I need some support.

I had surgery on September 5th and I will have my first fill in about two weeks. I have only lost about 12 lbs. post surgery so far and I am feeling a little discouraged. The first week after surgery, I was barely drinking about 300 calories and the 2nd week, I went to Protein shakes and went up to 600 calories and I completely stopped losing weight. I am now eating about 850 calories and the weight is really coming off slow. Do you remember if you had the same problem?

Hpegg

You are barely 1 month out and have lost 12 lbs You are doing great.. You got a fill 2 weeks after surgery??? That's a bit early but again every doc is diff - you can click on my ticker and see a graph of my weight loss journey as I really cant remember how much I lost each week in the beginning - but again we all lose weight differently... And I was very very diligent in my eating healthy and exercise - I have had my AH HA MOMENT - for me this journey hasn't been that difficult.

You are no diff than everyone else here - we all think with how little we are eating that the weight should be flying off - I mean like 5 lbs every week - well that's unrealistic... Its not going to come off that fast and that mindset is going to hurt you in the long run - Be happy with whatever loss you have - it's a loss !!! They all add up..

If you eat healthy - exercises - the weight will come off - there may be weeks that you don't lose lbs - but inches - My body is still changing even though I a not really losing any weight...

We tend to mistake our mental hunger for physical hunger most of the time - This is a battle I still fight daily...

Concentrate on making this a lifestyle change and not a diet - Eat healthy prepare low fat healthy meals that you enjoy... Look at the positives - don't concentrate on the negatives... Be patient - if you follow the these steps - you will have the end result that you desire,..

Yea!!!!!!!!!! I have finally lost forty lbs. I wish it were fifty. I may not be a power loser, but at least I am a loser. Only with weight loss is being called a LOSER is a good thing!

CHARLENE

:thumbup:CONGRATULATION GIRL -:eek:

:cool:

:wink2: 40 LBS IS FANTASTIC.:cursing:

For all of you who like those speciality coffee's lattes etc - here are some healthy ones to have and savor.. Just goes to show you - you can have your treats and be healthy too :wink2:

Pumpkin Spice Latte

Ingredients:

• 1 scoop vanilla unjury
  • 1 tablespoon Canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • ¼ teaspoon Apple Pie Spice (cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice)
  • ½ cup Skim Milk1, Lactose Free Milk, Soy Milk2, Rice Milk3
  • 2 teaspoons Splenda or Equal (add more or less to adjust sweetness)
  • ½ cup Water
  • 1 teaspoon Instant coffee (regular or decaf)

Directions:

-Heat Water in microwave (below 130 degrees) then mix in instant coffee

Add:

-Coffee (as prepared above), milk, canned pumpkin, vanilla Unjury, apple pie spice and sweetener in blender

-Blend until combined (about 30 seconds)

-Heat in microwave until warm or serve over ice

Fun Extras:

-Serve with a cinnamon stick

-Top with 1 tablespoon of cool-whip (sugar free or regular) and sprinkle with Apple Pie Spice

Nutrition Facts:

150 calories

24 grams Protein

11 grams carbohydrate

9.5 grams sugar

1 To increase calories use 1%, 2% or whole milk. Protein does not change.

2 Soy milk may increase carbohydrates and sugars, be sure to check the nutrition information.

3 Rice milk may decrease protein and increase carbohydrates and sugars, be sure to check the nutrition information.

Cinnamon Caramel Coffee

Ingredients:

• 1 scoop Unflavored UNJURY
  • 1 cup Water
  • 4 tsp General Foods International sugar free French Vanilla Café
  • 2 tsp sugar free Caramel Syrup
  • 1/8 tsp Cinnamon

Directions:

-Measure 4 tsp General Foods International Sugar Free French Vanilla Café into a shaker

-In a separate cup measure water and heat in microwave (below 130 degrees)

-Add warm water to General Foods International Sugar Free French Vanilla Café and stir

-Add 1 scoop Unflavored UNJURY to shaker and shake until dissolved

-Add 2 tsp Sugar Free Caramel Syrup to shaker and stir until combined

-Add 1/8 tsp cinnamon and stir

Nutrition Facts:

110 calories

20 grams protein

2 grams carbohydrate

2 grams sugar

Variations

For a richer, sweeter taste try 1 scoop of Vanilla UNJURY in place of Unflavored UNJURY (this will add 20 calories, 4 grams of carbohydrate and 3 grams of sugar)

Are you a coffee lover?

Try adding 1 tsp of instant coffee (regular or decaf)

Ideas from UNJURY customers

Chocolate Java

1 scoop chocolate UNJURY

8 oz Coffee (regular or decaf)

1 tsp Cocoa powder

Café Mocha

1 scoop chocolate UNJURY

8 oz Milk

Coffee (regular or decaf) to taste

Girls, thanks for all the praise. It is ssssoooooooooo encouraging!

40 lbs not even 3 months - You are working it girl - keep it up and you will be to goal before you know it - and you will look back and say - oh this is so doable !!!

Hi all today (Thursday). Im crabby today and don't know why. No one can go walk tonight so I guess I will head over there and get my walk in. I like to walk in am better but oh well. I keep doing that daily plate and I think I am getting in too many carbs/fats. I am getting in plenty of Protein though. I also have bad discs in my back. One down low and one up in my bra line area. That one bothers me alot. I worked in the yard today for a while and babysat my GS. Hes one, soon to be two. He is a cutie. I will be glad to get back to the Dr. on Tuesday and hopefully get a fill. I think I need one. So far fill 1=1.2cc, fill 2=.5cc. that second fill did'nt do a whole lot for me but I think walking helps alot. I am going to get access to an indoor pool and go tread Water for 30 minutes a few times a week. I was reading that treading Water actually burns alot more calories than walking so why not do both. See ya

Beckyo:rolleyes:

Hey Becky, sounds like you are getting some exercise in. I was really crabby on Tuesday (usually not like me) and just couldn't put my finger on why. I usually try to walk away b/4 I bite. I got over it. Think just too much stress lately.

Happy Thursday to everyone else. Think I need a fill. I am so wishy-washy from day to day. I am really good to never go over my 1/2 cup, 3 x a day rule but some days I am hungry most of the day. No...it's more like 1 day a week I am hungry and the rest of the days are pretty good. I thought I might be at the spot I should be at with my fills but think I will get one with my Nov 4 appt. Would be .5 filll. That would give me a total of 6.5cc in a large band. I guess that's what we have the band for...to feel that restriction. I am sooooooo afraid of being too full but can have an unfill by just making a call day or night. Worth a try, right?

What I love about this band is that even when I am hungry, I do not crave the foods I just cannot have. For instance; I have pork loin and stuffing roasting in the oven, frozen sweet corn from our field, baked potatoes, homemade multi grain bread and pumpkin pie for my guys when they come in for supper. It doesn't make me drool. If I have eaten b/4 them, I just drink my coffee or Water and visit. Not even tempted. I guess a lot of it is mind set.

Hope everyone had a good day.

Long...happy to hear that your mother did not have a dramatic reaction when she heard about your band. Whew, huh?

Hi everyone -

Yesterday I received the bill for my first fill - $1600!! I was shocked. I didn't think the fills were going to be that expensive. I've had two so far so the next bill should be arriving soon. I called the doc's office and the business manager said that I could expect to pay between $1000 and $1600 each visit.

Is everyone paying this much? Our fills are done in the hospital out-patient under floroscopy.

This could be a big deter to future fills.

Hi everyone -

Yesterday I received the bill for my first fill - $1600!! I was shocked. I didn't think the fills were going to be that expensive. I've had two so far so the next bill should be arriving soon. I called the doc's office and the business manager said that I could expect to pay between $1000 and $1600 each visit.

Is everyone paying this much? Our fills are done in the hospital out-patient under floroscopy.

Wow! My doctor gives free fills for 90 days. My son, said he found fills for $250. You might want to shop around. There are places that just do fills. I think they advertise on LBT.

Hi everyone -

Kathy

You were self pay ??? Fill Centers USA is the name of the place that Charlene is talking about..

I had a program fee and it included fills for 5 yrs - but heck I have had what 3 fills and 1 unfill in my 15 months - and I don't think I will ever need anything more ever..

That's how much my doc will charge someone who isn't his patient for a fill and he does blind fills..

I would look into Fill Center USA if I were you...

Apple - Being too tight for a day or 2 max is livable - I did it for a week which inculded my Bday :smile2: where I could barely eat the top of a cup cake:tongue:

Kathy, OMG that is so high!!! I live in RI and I was a self pay in Mexico; which, unfortunately I can't afford to keep flying back to. So I called around to RI doctors. There are no Fill Centers USA near me (the closest is New Jersey. Their website is Fillcentersusa.com, maybe there is 1 closer to you, but they charge $349 1st visit, then $165 thereafter (Fluoro would be $300 more). Anyways, Dr. Pohl ; which, is only 20 minutes from me, will do my fills for $200 1st fill, $165 thereafter. He doesn't typically use Fluoro though. That would even be cheaper for you to drive from VT to RI, then staying at the $1600 place-that's highway robbery! You should just call any Lap Band Dr.'s in your area, and ask each one. Good luck! :smile2: