Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

That's fantastic news on the biopsy Janet!! Whew!!

PJ, the hopsital didn't give me liquid Tylenol either, I had to buy it at Walmart. it's not a prescription. I didn't like how the pain pills the hospital made me feel and didn't need anything that strong anymore so got the liquid Tylenol which did the trick.

Well 3 more days til my surgery (gall bladder) I'm getting more anxious/nervous as it gets closer.

Tonight I am going to one of the support groups my dr. provides. They are having a plastic surgeon come talk to us and answer our questions. I'm a long ways from that but might be some good info. I am meeting the gal that was next to me in recovery during our band procedures. She was the surgery before me that day so it's nice to have a bandmate with same dr., date, hospital etc. to relate to, we are going to dinner before the support group tonight.

Long that is great...having a band mate!

Good Luck on your gall bladder surgery. You're going to be a new woman. I am so lucky and happy to have been approved for my lap band. I love it already...lol Not hungry at all ( for now )

You have done great on losing weight...."Congratulations" I talk to so many people here that I can't remember who has been banded or who is fixing to be.

Take care.

Pj

Janet - Great news. I'm glad everything turned out ok.

Long - I'm going to my monthly support group meeting tonight. Maybe I'll seek out a band-buddy too. Great idea!

On another note: Did anyone else find they got hungrier once they started eating more substantial foods? I'm on mushies now. I can eat more and am hungrier more often. Is this normal?

- Kathy

HALLELUJAH! Great news! By the way, say a prayer for all of us down by the Texas Coast. The storm should be in around 1p tomorrow, but I stocked up today on packs of tuna and Water....wouldn't want to sabotage my loss!

Thanks Charlene - Yes I have been watching the news you and yours are in my prayers.

"Stocked up on tuna & water" LOVE IT :) In the mist of a hurricane you are the best prepared bander I know - I am proud of you:thumbup:

Indio - that is great news. You have been in my thoughts, really glad to hear you are okay. Sounds like you had fun in MN, and lots of new tiny clothes to wear. What fun!

Thank JoannMarie - Yes we had fun... It was so nice to meet my Lucky #7 gals - I have a bunch of new sister...

Woo Hoo...great news Janet !!
Hi Everyone. I had surgery yesterday. I'm feeling pretty good, mostly just drowsy, and I have a headache. I was given liquid hydrogoden., not liquid tylenol. No gas pains anywhere yet. Only soreness I have is when I try to turn over in bed, or get up from laying down. I am not hungry at all, normally in the mornings I am starving, I was yesterday morning before surgery. I am forcing myself to drink this Isopure. I have had upset tummy, so I keep that medication on my wrist.

Good Luck everyone who will be banded today.

Pj

PJ - you are doing great... I am glad to hear that - especially the no gas cuz that's the killer for most of us and the port site... I had a scrip for the liquid vicodin - (a giant bottle which I still have) but I never took it or anything once I got home.

Enjoy the not being hungry - it will return :)

That's fantastic news on the biopsy Janet!! Whew!!

PJ, the hopsital didn't give me liquid Tylenol either, I had to buy it at Walmart. it's not a prescription. I didn't like how the pain pills the hospital made me feel and didn't need anything that strong anymore so got the liquid Tylenol which did the trick.

Well 3 more days til my surgery (gall bladder) I'm getting more anxious/nervous as it gets closer.

Tonight I am going to one of the support groups my dr. provides. They are having a plastic surgeon come talk to us and answer our questions. I'm a long ways from that but might be some good info. I am meeting the gal that was next to me in recovery during our band procedures. She was the surgery before me that day so it's nice to have a bandmate with same dr., date, hospital etc. to relate to, we are going to dinner before the support group tonight.

Lori - Thanks - yes I was relived - but go back in 6 months for another ultra sound & mamo on my right breast - so if I get called back again I hope I won't be in such a panic.. Just fybros - I thanked the man up stairs that it's nothing worse.

Enjoy your support group tonite - I went to one my doc has - but it's 20 miles away - I don't get home til 9 and prefer my LBT group - this place is open 24/7 you talk to each other daily (well mostly) and you connect.

Janet - Great news. I'm glad everything turned out ok.

Long - I'm going to my monthly support group meeting tonight. Maybe I'll seek out a band-buddy too. Great idea!

On another note: Did anyone else find they got hungrier once they started eating more substantial foods? I'm on mushies now. I can eat more and am hungrier more often. Is this normal?

- Kathy

Kathy Thanks !!

Being hungier is a sign that you are healing and you are entering Bandster Hell - the time between banding and getting your 1st fill - you are hungry you don't have much restriction etc.. Just eat extra veggie when you are straving and just can't ignore it anymore - that's how I survived..

Plan prepare and you will survive..

Sorry gang for not cking in this morning - work is CRAZY :bananapowerslide: and just haven't had time to pop in during the day..

Just want you all to know I haven't abandon you all.. But I gotta say I think I have the best group - you all are doing so well - having hurricanes and being prepared - eating healthy and exercising - I am really proud of you all..

Keep up the good work...

With that being said - if any of you are or do struggle come and let me know - I'm here to help in those times too.. Remember this thread is for all our issues as it's our lives that affected how we ate - happy sad mad etc - we are still going to have these emotions so it you want to talk about those things feel free..

Hey Janet, Glad to hear your biopsy was clear. Thats always a scare. Today is August 5th. I havent posted for a few days since I have been busy. This is a slow week for me. Will weigh tomorrow and see what happens. today I had coffee, Protein bullet for B, lunch was 4 meatballs, and a salad, supper was one spare rib and mixed vegetables. It seems like I can eat more and more. I haven't had a fill yet but I go next week to Dr. Hope I get one. I am still loosing but alot slower. I'll take anything. I have started walking 2.4 miles every other day now. On the other days I still walk 1.2 miles so I am walking every day. I bumped it up so I can try and get ready for fall so I can do it every day. Still treading Water in the pool for a full 30 minutes. Man, that is a work out. Try it while it is hot without touching the sides or bottom of pool. This week the state fair begins. I am going to see ZZ top and Brooks and Dunn next Friday and the following Sunday Travis Tritt. Can't wait. talk to you all later. glad to hear everyone is doing okay.

Beckyo:rolleyes2:

Thanks Charlene - Yes I have been watching the news you and yours are in my prayers.

"Stocked up on tuna & water" LOVE IT :cry_smile: In the mist of a hurricane you are the best prepared bander I know - I am proud of you:thumbup:

Thanks for prayers! Edouardo turned out to be a whimp. We just had blowing rain. Now, I have plenty of tuna for the week.

I am frustrated with my loss. I increased my calories to 800-1000, ....I am walking 30 minutes a day, and I am drinking 8 glasses of Water a day. I lost 3lbs since last wednesday and gained back a pound. I am eating more carbs.....could that be the problem?

Hey Janet, Glad to hear your biopsy was clear. Thats always a scare. Today is August 5th. I havent posted for a few days since I have been busy. This is a slow week for me. Will weigh tomorrow and see what happens. today I had coffee, Protein bullet for B, lunch was 4 meatballs, and a salad, supper was one spare rib and mixed vegetables. It seems like I can eat more and more. I haven't had a fill yet but I go next week to Dr. Hope I get one. I am still loosing but alot slower. I'll take anything. I have started walking 2.4 miles every other day now. On the other days I still walk 1.2 miles so I am walking every day. I bumped it up so I can try and get ready for fall so I can do it every day. Still treading Water in the pool for a full 30 minutes. Man, that is a work out. Try it while it is hot without touching the sides or bottom of pool. This week the state fair begins. I am going to see ZZ top and Brooks and Dunn next Friday and the following Sunday Travis Tritt. Can't wait. talk to you all later. glad to hear everyone is doing okay.

Beckyo:rolleyes2:

Thanks for prayers! Edouardo turned out to be a whimp. We just had blowing rain. Now, I have plenty of tuna for the week.

I am frustrated with my loss. I increased my calories to 800-1000, ....I am walking 30 minutes a day, and I am drinking 8 glasses of Water a day. I lost 3lbs since last wednesday and gained back a pound. I am eating more carbs.....could that be the problem?

Charlene & Becky...

Girls Girls Girls - You gotta quite worrying about losing 2 - 3 - or 4 lbs a week - You aren't going to keep losing weight like that every week... Some weeks you may only lose 1/2 lb others 2 then maybe 1/4 - Yes being banded is about losing the weight but also about learning new eating habits - how to deal with your emotions - learning to be phyiscally active which you are both doing... Be proud of that and what you are changing. Don't totally fixate on the scale. You gotta be happy that you are making the changes in your lives to become healthier - you have to know that there were weeks that I only lost 1/2 a pound and I gotta tell you I was happy with those 1/2 lbs losses - cuz they all add up.

It's been said a million times before - it seems like we should be losing 10 lbs a week with the addition of exercise in our lives and our new eating habits - but it just doesn't work that way.

This is a process - if you are doing the work - it's going to work.

But we all lose weight at a different rate and this isn't a race. I really think for me that exercise is esseintal - a long time ago I took up dance - did it twice a week 3 hrs each class - I lost 20 lbs and didn't change my eating at all.. My body responds well to exercise - this is me - your

Some weeks the scales might not even move at all - if you keep up this way of thinking on those weeks you are going to get depressed which can sabotage all the work you have accomplished.

Again you cant get on the scale every day - our weight flucuates too much - I can get on the scale 3 times in one day and each time it can be different - I can do this every day of the week and it will always be a diff weight.

It's summer and I find that I will retain more water in the summer - don't ask me why - but I do.

Charlene - As to eating carbs - I am not an Atkins girl - I do eat carbs but limited - as long as you are exercising - eating healthy (logging calories too) and getting your water in - the weight will come off.

Also - as time goes by you are going to have to increase the intensity of your exercise - example @ 250 walking 1 mile burns like 150 calories but walking that same mile @ 150 only burns 100 calories - so you have to increase your time or the intensity as you lose weight - Now If I walk 1 mile on a flat surface (i use treadmill at gym) at 146 i burn 98 calories - but if I increase the incline to 6 and walk that mile i burn 125 caloires (these aren't exact #'s but estimates) .

Becky - Have fun at the fair and seeing those bands - be prepared though the fair doesn't have healthy food :cry_smile: When I went to our's I had corn on the cob and 1/2 egg roll but again I was 7 months out - Oh ya I bought a cinnimon roll but ate only 3 bites - (3 bite rule - if you really want something like a sweet - limit yourself to 3 bite and enjoy those and then toss or give away the rest)

Ok gang I gotta get my butt in gear... CBL :drool:

Thanks Janet! I just needed my mentor to get me back on track. I do plan to increase my walking. I walk at 6am because by 8am it is over 90 degrees here. I also plan on joining Curves or Water aerobics. Curves is just a few blocks away and when it comes to exercise the closer ....the better. Yes, because of my past gastro problems the all Protein diet is not good for me. I can start eating fruit today so that is what I will do. I WILL STAY OFF THE scale FOR THE NEXT THREE DAYS! Oh by the way, my daughter is being induced on friday and I will have a new grandaughter. So I will be busy.

Janet - Thanks for the reminder. I think we all think it will be easy. I went to my local support group last night and the veterans said the same thing - don't be tied to the scale. I'm back to the gym this week to start working with my trainer again. I'm looking forward to it.

Kathy

Thanks Janet! I just needed my mentor to get me back on track. I do plan to increase my walking. I walk at 6am because by 8am it is over 90 degrees here. I also plan on joining Curves or Water aerobics. Curves is just a few blocks away and when it comes to exercise the closer ....the better. Yes, because of my past gastro problems the all Protein diet is not good for me. I can start eating fruit today so that is what I will do. I WILL STAY OFF THE scale FOR THE NEXT THREE DAYS! Oh by the way, my daughter is being induced on friday and I will have a new grandaughter. So I will be busy.

Charlene - I am totally with you on the closer is better - My gym is across the street from my housing development so it is super easy - I could walk - but like you I live in a hot climate too (DESERT :wink_smile:) - if the gym was on the other side of town - I wouldn't go...

Janet - Thanks for the reminder. I think we all think it will be easy. I went to my local support group last night and the veterans said the same thing - don't be tied to the scale. I'm back to the gym this week to start working with my trainer again. I'm looking forward to it.Kathy

Kathy - I LOVE MY trainer and he said that I should have come to him at 250 - but I was too embarrassed - I love my muscles...

I just don't want any of you to judge yourself to my weight loss - I think I need to put a disclaimer (not typical resluts) Yes I lost fast - but I really really worked at it with my healthy eating and exercise - I am single so I don't have a family to cook for - just my GS and 1/4 of the time he fends for hisself and the other time I cook for him but Hamburger helper was never my thing anyway...

Focus on being healthier and more active - the band does work...

So glad your biopsy came back OK. That can be the scariest thing in the world. You're right about being a little less nervous if you have to go through this again. My Mom is prone to fibrous masses and I have a number of calcifications that they watch. Thank heaven, each time we get tested it turns out to be the same thing, so maybe that will be the case for you. Prayers are with you!!!!

Love,

Ellen

So glad your biopsy came back OK. That can be the scariest thing in the world. You're right about being a little less nervous if you have to go through this again. My Mom is prone to fibrous masses and I have a number of calcifications that they watch. Thank heaven, each time we get tested it turns out to be the same thing, so maybe that will be the case for you. Prayers are with you!!!!

Love,

Ellen

Ellen - this was my second biospy last yr at this time it was calcifications - have a diamond marker for those and now a ribbon marker for the fibrous mass. I was more upset this time when they said I had a lump - so hopefully when I go back on 2/3/09 and then again 7/09 I won't freak out if I have to go back for another biospy.. Hugs Janet

I HAVE SUCCEEDED !!!!

:)

I HAVE A NORMAL BMI !!!

Gang

Just want you to know that it is possible .

Truly I never thought this was possible even with the surgery.

I was happy in Dec when I got below 199 and in a size 14 and thought I look good and felt good too

Now 13 months after surgery I am 145 size 6 or 4's..

and have a normal bmi :thumbup:

Just want you all to know it is possible and I am proof of that

I am no diff than the rest of you - I have struggled all my life with weight issues (heck when I was in like 4th grade they had me on a diet)

Just take it one day at a time

think before you eat - increase your physical activity

with the help of your tool you too can acheive your goals.

Janet - Congrats! We are so lucky to have a mentor like you... inspiring!

Kathy

PS. Just found out I have a conference in Palm Desert in December. That's close to you isn't it? Maybe we can connect in person!