Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Janet, I hope your headache goes away soon. I had one for two days.....I think it is this fibro med I am taking. It was 80 today.....so I might quit taking it for the spring and summer.

Grandparents Day made my GS so happy. Both of his GMs were there. Phyl, I have quite a few more of those.......two more not in school yet and one on the way.

Melissa, I am sorry you had to make that hard decision. HUGS for you!

Apples, I think I probably can beat any of you at the CRS league. I put the canister of Splenda in the frige the other day......my DH questioned why it was in there.....hell, I don't know.....I meant to put the cream in there.

Okay gang, I am gonna go do my PT exercises and go to bed. This waking up at 3am every morning is starting to take a toll. Again, I think it is this medicine. Goodnight!

Well I didn't walk the talk today- I came home w/major headache - I just ck'd my blood pressure it was high - so I took my pill a little early - I didn't drink any Water today... I have been super busy with my workmate being out and getting all her calls, plus mine.. So I just took my meds and am drinking my water..xoxox

J

How high is your BP, GF??? Not good to have a headache!

Janet, I hope your headache goes away soon. I had one for two days.....I think it is this fibro med I am taking. It was 80 today.....so I might quit taking it for the spring and summer.

Grandparents Day made my GS so happy. Both of his GMs were there. Phyl, I have quite a few more of those.......two more not in school yet and one on the way.

Melissa, I am sorry you had to make that hard decision. HUGS for you!

Apples, I think I probably can beat any of you at the CRS league. I put the canister of Splenda in the frige the other day......my DH questioned why it was in there.....hell, I don't know.....I meant to put the cream in there.

Okay gang, I am gonna go do my PT exercises and go to bed. This waking up at 3am every morning is starting to take a toll. Again, I think it is this medicine. Goodnight!

Splenda in the fridge, huh?? LOL!

We're always having arguments about who put what where???!! And neither of us has a clue!

I envy you with the little ones! All but three of our ten grandkids are 10+ up to 22! So I guess the up side of that is before too much longer we should have GREAT-grandchildren to enjoy!

Watching Idol and loving it! All but one girl tonight as done a good job! I have my favorites, but too many!! Don't know who to vote for! But the little blond gal with the guitar is a natural! What's her name... Crystal maybe??

Phyll...she's my favortie too. Has been since she first tried out. She cute and natural...she has that husky Melissa Ethridge voice. I am pushing for her. The other (terrible with the names tonight) the first singer...cute little brunette...she just seems so full of life and cute. But, she's been flat the last couple of times. The nerves must take a beating with all these kids. I feel for them.

Janet...hope you are OK. Gotta watch that!

Julie I'm with you on the hungeries .... Had pt shake for bf - snack pt chips left from yesterday - Soup for lunch - really just the ck and veggeis - pop corn when i got home - 1/4 cup butternut squash - 1/2 porkchop & 1/4 mac & cheese - I am full but still want to eat..

Phyl 145/95 - it's 125/73 right now... gotta wait 1/2 hr before I can finish my Water - still have a headache -

I gotta wait a whole hr for idol - I really want to go to sleep - but it's to early and not sleepy but don't want to eat either..

I like crystal too - and kaitlyn (i think) the 16 yr old w/dark hair - she reminds me of my gd kaitlin ;0)..

I was under tons of stress today - plus I didn't drink any water at all - didn't pee all day till I got home at 4:15..

Ya I will keep an eye on it - I am 99% sure I took my pill last night - but like the rest of you I suffer from CRS too ;0)

Which little blond girl with the guitar? The one with dreads and the Janis Joplin voice? Or the one Kara really liked?

I liked both of them, but Simon seemed to think the dreads was way out in front.

Melissa, so sorry for your loss... A pet can be as much a member of the family as any person... Hoping you will feel better soon.......

As for any update, since Apples doesn't feel up to it, I'll try..... Just don't anyone get mad if I make any mistakes.....

Janet.... has been working hard and has a new big client that is givine her lots of work and no extra pay.. She had some good family time recently and tonight has a headache... But she is still our wonderful fealess leader...

Apples..... her father passed away recently from a massive heart attack.... she is handling this in her own way as best she can.. We are all supporting her and have been praying for her all the time... She has been busy on the board here trying to win the game of who will be the last to post on page 600 and the first to post on 601.... She won......... But she worked hard at it, too..... They are home in MN again and busy getting ready for the new season.. She has quit her job as full-time food preparer for all the men and will just cook for DH and DS this year.... We are happy for her.....

Great....... has been gone forever on her trip to Israel... Should be home tomorrow we think......

Eva.... is busy as usual, but always finds time for family, friends, fun and her crafts.. She is making cards right now... She and DH went to an Irish food cook-off recently.....

Judy...... is almost finished with the production she has been in... I think she has just a few performances left....

Laura K.... is trying very hard to give up smoking... We wish her all the best....

Joyce...... had her surgery and is doing well.... Is just getting on regular food.... And lost like 17 pounds...

Jessica.... is just amazing.. She started on a C25K program and just smoked up the road on her first day.. She is back on all her med and doing well... School is going well.. Her little one has been sick, but better now..

Laura.... her parents were to visit and it was a great time for them all... sad to have them leave, but it was good... Dad starts this 3rd round of chemo soon... Nelson has been sick, too, but is better, too.. He had a great birthday party a short time ago... DH took his life in his own hands and brought Cookies into the house yesterday I think it was... The cookies are now gone and he won't be doing that again anytime soon.... Laura has made it to 220 and she and Eva who is at 220 also are going to have a challenge.....

Deb.... has been having a bad few days but is back on the band wagon and going to be doing great real soon...

Jodi.... had her surgery today so we are waiting to hear how things went for her... She took time before to get everything ready and even pampered herself some...

Phyll... walked in an event recently and really did herself proud... can't remember what it was for.... But she is doing wonderfully.... Now making jewelry and doing Water aerobics....

Arlene.... had a worry about DD and her 2 teenagers needing to move into her house for a while, but everything seems to be working out and they will not be coming.. She is just getting started on a new medically monitored plan to try to jump start her weight loss... So far so good...

Cheri.....took a nasty fall at work and has had to be in the background for a little while... She has big bruises and was very sore, but is mending and will soon be good as new... She is at goal now and trying to get a good handle on maintenance...

Meredith..... she got her house and was moving, but we don't hear from her much at all anymore.. She is so busy.. We are hoping to get her back sometime soon...

Linda.... is doing so well, too.... She is our exercise queen.. She just goes and goes.. She is working on a bedroom for her little granddaughter and it sounds so precious...

Shrinking Shan..... she is new to me, but I think she was here before... Anyway she had a great day with her little one in the backyard making rock sandwiches and enjoying the nice weather in Colorado today...

I think that just leaves you and me... I'm okay.. still doing me PT and taking all the medication so I can seem normal... I'm waiting on an appeal to my insurance company so I can get the MRI that I need..... Otherwise, things are the same.. I take care of my Mimi everyday.. She was here until 9:30 tonight as DD had to go to a home decor party at a friends.... I put up Easter decorations while she was napping today and she had a great time playing with plastic eggs this evening.....

So, tell us how you are..... aside from the grief over your dear dog........ How is the job..... and how other things....?? Let us know...

So, that should be an update... If I screwed anything up or forgot anyone.............SORRY..... I did my best... Someone add what I missed or correct what I got wrong.. I did that all from memory.... Probably fogot some big items.... I'm old, too, so that CRS thing comes and goes.....

Goodnight now.... Hugs and prayers for everyone.. Julie

Just got done watching the Biggest Loser a bit ago! I love that show! But it was nice to see them do a "real world" week where they had to work a full time job and the gym actually had busness hours!

Tomorrow is my second bootcamp and I am a little bit nervous. I have been an athlete most of my life but still always fear that I will fail at exercise! Oh well, I made it through yesterday and I will make it through tomorrow. Very sore right not but I love it! And isn't it funny how putting in so much work at the gym makes you REALLY REALLY think about what you are putting in your mouth??

Well, guess I better go to bed. I hope tomorrow is a great day for all and that everybody who is facing a rough time today gets good rest and a peaceful night! My mom always says that God does not give us anything that we cannot handle. That knowledge has got me through some tough times! Hang in there all!

JULIE!! That was amazing!! I needed the recap, too! That was great!! BTW.... and this is kinda funny... the walk I walked in was called "MEMORY WALK".... for Alzheimer's research! LOL! You forgot!! Pretty remarkable for me to walk almost 2 miles because I've been using an electric scooter for better than 5 years because of my bad knees.... - 130 lb, new knee... and it's GREAT to be able to walk again.

JULIE!!That was amazing!! I needed the recap, too! That was great!! BTW.... and this is kinda funny... the walk I walked in was called "MEMORY WALK".... for Alzheimer's research! LOL! You forgot!! Pretty remarkable for me to walk almost 2 miles because I've been using an electric scooter for better than 5 years because of my bad knees.... - 130 lb, new knee... and it's GREAT to be able to walk again.

So funny, Phyll...What kind of walk was that again??????

I am sure you are amazed every day by the things you are able to do compared to a couple of years ago. Gonna speak for all of us again...WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!! And, you walked for such a good cause. Congrats.

Great recap, Julie. Thanks. I am sure it was a lot easier for Melissa than going thru pages and pages.

Up at 4:30...couldn't sleep. Cried most of the night and it's not any better this morning. Hubby is still snoring. Pretending like he's listening to the Linder Farm Network...can't fool me. I am amazed the difference his CPAP has made. For DS also. DH is not a big man and has been the same weight since I have known him. "Normal". Him and DS both have a rare sleep disorder (don't ask me what it is called by the medical world). Anyway, changed their lives and for that I am thankful. I also sleep better because DH is not thrashing around, walking in his sleep, talking silly to my Grandmother in his sleep.

Deb...sorry you have been struggling. Try to post every day if you can. It really does help to have a bunch of hens clucking at you at telling you what they think. Off days like you have been having can really throw us off mentally and you just have to jump-start again and get back on track (easier said than done).

Melissa..how's the new job going? Missing your daily posts.

OK...gotta hit the shower. Gonna see if I can do something with this hair. Had a new person cut it while in FL and, of course, I am dealing with run away curls and flips. Think I will just let it do it's own thing. Not one for fussing with my hair. My motto for hair and makeup...If I cannot do it in 2.5 minutes, then it's not getting done.

We have missed you, Great...

You all have a wonderful day.

Apples Sending Hugs & Love your way !!!!

Well don't have time to post - just caught up on the nightly activities :0)

Will try and cbl later when I get to work :0)

I'M BACK!!! Whew just read 20+ pages of posts only to find on the last page Julies recap, Thanks! I read that we hit 500 posts in Jan and are at 600+ now well let me tell you almost 25 of those are since Feb 27th. LOL No way can I comment on them all.

Apples, though, I am so sorry for your loss. I know you have shared little about your family other than you had a horrible past so this must drag up a bunch of stuff. not sure if your family is near and you are having to deal with them all now in the funeral and all, but I am praying for you and your strength to get through it all.

Laura, congrats on your bandiversary

Jody, your prayer request is in the Western wall in Jerusalem along with a prayer for all us LBTers!

I had a fantastic time. What a beautiful country. We saw so much my head was spinning trying to take it all in. I sailed in a fishing boat on the Sea of Galilee, saw Bethlehem where Jesus was born (that was a little freaky going crossing the border into Palestininan territory our guide couldn't go with us as he was Jewish and they aren't allowed to cross), saw the Garden tomb, walked some ancient roads in the old city, saw the beaches of the Medditteranean, etc. Our group was 17 people and everyone got along so well. I had a little trouble with the food, breakfasts and lunches were included but I didn' care much for a lot of the food and really missed my ham or bacon for breakfast! Found out I do not like falalfel (sp) but I do like humus (sp). The flight home was torture. We got up at 6am had a full day of sightseeing, then took a flight at 11pm from Tel Aviv for 13 1/2 hours to Atlanta and then another 3 hours to Denver. All in all I was up for 48 hours straight (did not sleep well on flight) with the 9 hour time change. We walked so much I was so thrilled with my new knees. They held up great. I have a knee doc appt this morning, am going to have to give him thanks for those knees! also am getting a small fill. I am very disappointed I didn't lose a thing, I ate so little and walked so much. AFter reading posts for 2 hours, I have little time to post, but will try and post some photos later. Thanks so much for the posts that I read missing me, that meant so much!

Welcome home, Lori...good to hear that you had a nice time and your knees played a role in that. Will talk later.

Morning everyone..... Lori, it's great to have you home safe and back on the board with us.... I'm sure you have jet lag and a million things to do, but it was so good to hear from you.. Glad you had a wonderful time.. We'll look forward to hearing more later when you catch up on things at home... When do you have to move to SLC??

Thanks, Phyll, I did my best... Yup, you did wonderful doing that walk.....

Apples, I need to have my hair done, too.... I'm in need of a perm... My last one was in Octber, so going on 5 months.... I need it for the body mostly... Need to schedule it for sometime soon.... Hope you get some rest today, sounds like you had a bad night....

Shan, good luck at boot camp..... I forgot that about you, too.... Sorry.....Hope it goes real well for you..

Well, I'd better get something done... Mimi comes at 10:00 for a little and then I have a massage at noon... I also have to finish writing up a proposal for some of our rental property... The county commissioners asked for one as they have to close down part of the courthouse for health issues and need new spaces asap.... I just happen to have 2 open, so will see if they are interested... There isn't much commercial space in a small town like ours.....

Talk to you all later.... Julie

Great - So glad you are home !!!! We sure did miss you... How cool to go to the birth place of Jesus... How were you treated as tourist... We here about all the bombings in the middle east that it's kinda of scary to think about visiting there - I get confused about the Palestine's and Jews and why they are fight so - I just don't understand the killing in the name of God.. No diff than what use to be prevalent with the Catholics & Protestants bombing the crap out of each other..

I saw the one pic on fb can't wait to see the others..

I like humus too - don't know what the other stuff was - I would love to experience eating other cutlurals food..

Give it a couple days before you get on the scales - the whole traveling salt Water retention etc I bet the scales will move..

Julie - How great to get the State in your bldgs - I would think they would stay for a while...

Karen - Hugs Hugs Hugs - You are loved!!!

I think Crystal (dreads) was the best last night - think curly hair blond & the black girl going home tonite ...

Well I need to get butt in gear - another day in wonderland !!!

I like humus too - don't know what the other stuff was - I would love to experience eating other cutlurals food..

I am cracking myself up. I thought you said, "I like humans too". LOL. Nelson is convinced that their are babies, kids and humans (adults). He doesn't want to grow up to be a human b/c we have jobs. I hear ya kid. And btw, I like hummus too. I made it for Nelson's party- homemade. YUMMY. I also like falafel, have made the mix here. DH loves it. It is not a band friendly food as it expands after eating a few bites. I felt uncomfortable for HOURS after I had some in November.

Welcome back, Lori. That is a dream trip of mine. I am living vicariously through you.

Jut got back from the gym. Went to tropical smoothie cafe for a Protein Shake. They have a kid's one that is 79 calories if made with Splenda. (It's basically ice, banana and strawberries). For .59 cents and 100 cal, you can add 20 grams of Protein Powder. Not bad I must add. Today I got the lean machine. Haha.. that's me. NOT. They have them all over the US but not everywhere. Tropical Smoothie Café :: Real fruit smoothies, Sandwiches and Wraps

Not to depress those in bad weather, but it is sunny and 74. That's not my point. I have a NSV. I bought a size 16 bikini at Sears (to sun my tummy at home) and I don't look great- but hey, coming along. Remember, I have no modesty..LOL. Even without modesty I wouldn't go to the beach or public pool wearing this. Don't want to hear, Look at the chubby chic in the bikini..LOL. Just got back from the gym. I walked 30 min at 3.5. I am really sore from yesterday and will wait until tomorrow for weights. I did sit ups and stretched.

Support group tonight- if DH gets done with work. Always a crap shoot if I can go.

Apples. HUGS. Thinking of you.

Melissa~ so sorry to hear about your beloved pet. I feel your pain. HUGS.

CBL, gotta catch some rays. peasout... Laura

Edited by peascorps