Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Well I went to that Zumba class, what a blast & did I feel different muscles. Whole body workout, but fun, I will go again. Sorry to hear about the next stair victim, falling up or down seems to be the curse.

Girls have fun on your shopping expedition, GO GET EM!

My daughter made it home from college last night, eight hour drive & she thinks nothing of it. She's home for just over a week. They get the whole week as average commute for the students is eight hours. She is probably closer to Apples than she is to home, way up there in the U.P.

Have a great day all.........

Laura K

Well I went to that Zumba class, what a blast & did I feel different muscles. Whole body workout, but fun, I will go again. Sorry to hear about the next stair victim, falling up or down seems to be the curse.

My daughter made it home from college last night, eight hour drive & she thinks nothing of it. She's home for just over a week. They get the whole week as average commute for the students is eight hours. She is probably closer to Apples than she is to home, way up there in the U.P.

Laura K

LauraK...I think your daughter would be a lot closer to Meredith in Michigan. It's also about an 8 hour drive for me..depending on her exact location. I love it up there. So beautiful.

It's difficult having them that far away, isn't it? I handled the empty nest. I missed them but proud they were independent enough to get out and go. My youngest moved to Alaska at 18. Lived there for two years then onto Santa Barbara for a year, to Daytona Beach for 4 and now in Atlanta for 1 year as of today. He makes my head spin. Miss him but with the business he has, it has to be located in or near a larger city.

Great did zumba for awhile. If I remember right, she enjoyed it. There are days I wish I could join a gym. Too far of a drive for me and I am very active so would most likely be a waste of my money. Glad you enjoyed it....half the battle when it comes to exercise. I thouroughly enjoy the tread mill. I have a Bose system and Bose head phones. Either listen to a book or sing to the top of my lungs. It keeps the guys out of my house!:bored:

Good morning.....just a fly by as I have a bunch of stuff to do before visiting Janet & Phyl. Can't leave the DH totally on his own you know.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.....I know I am doing better than before the band, but I also know I could really get with the program and haven't. Oh well, one of my mantra this time is not to stress about it too much.

Okay, off to work. Have a great day.

Eva

Have a great time, Eva. Drive safe, load the trunk up with "useless sh_t" as my DH would call it.

Hey...I've always been going to tell you girls about a scent that I like and Janet talking about little shops brought it back to me.

When DH and I were in St. Augustine last year we came across this little shop that has soaps, candles, candies, etc. They had this body mist that is absolutely the best smelling in the WORLD. It's called Rain made by Terra Nova. All they had left the day we were there was their sample bottle and she wouldn't sell it to me. Went home and ordered on Amazon.com (for 1/2 the price). Anyway, it's the best. Makes me feel like a jungle goddess when I wear it!!!!!!!!!!:bored:

Good Morning, Gang!

Looking forward to tomorrow. Earl is still grumbling about it and I think he's trying to get out of it! He says HE has to do some shopping for me... birthday and Christmas and "WHEN am I going to do THAT??" But if I take the car he can't do it anyway! I told him he can go shopping in the morning. But last weekend we were at the mall... I think that was last weeknd, maybe the week before... and he was off by himself for a long time... AND I reminded him that he might want to think about doing some "shopping", but he didn't.

Somebody tell me.... what is ZUMBA????

You gals get up TOO early in the morning! I've been getting up about 6:45 a.m., but was a little later than that today... because I stayed up until after midnight! Two nights before that I was in bed EARLY for me... 10:30 ish.. because I was REALLY tired. But last night I was back to my night owl habits!

Have a GREAT day everyone.

Thanks for ur concern Apples & Phyllser. Nothing broken just lots bruises and sore hip n back. No I don't have a scale, yet. Will get one someday.

PS. Apples, I've had that perfume too...love it!!

Indigo, I know it didn't come on overnight, and Im not expecting it to leave overnight. I was just asking, wondering what to expect. Some ppl say they loose alot when just banded b4 a fill, others don't. Just curious as to what different ppl go thru. I do write down what I eat everyday & how much.

Good morning.....just a fly by as I have a bunch of stuff to do before visiting Janet & Phyl. Can't leave the DH totally on his own you know.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.....I know I am doing better than before the band, but I also know I could really get with the program and haven't. Oh well, one of my mantra this time is not to stress about it too much.

Okay, off to work. Have a great day.

Eva

Well GF you will be hanging w/2 2+ yrs banders - we will whip you in shape :0)...

Laura K

Laura I rather drive 8 hrs than do in town driving ... Enjoy her while she's home..

LauraK...I think your daughter would be a lot closer to Meredith in Michigan. It's also about an 8 hour drive for me..depending on her exact location. I love it up there. So beautiful.

It's difficult having them that far away, isn't it? I handled the empty nest. I missed them but proud they were independent enough to get out and go. My youngest moved to Alaska at 18. Lived there for two years then onto Santa Barbara for a year, to Daytona Beach for 4 and now in Atlanta for 1 year as of today. He makes my head spin. Miss him but with the business he has, it has to be located in or near a larger city.

Great did zumba for awhile. If I remember right, she enjoyed it. There are days I wish I could join a gym. Too far of a drive for me and I am very active so would most likely be a waste of my money. Glad you enjoyed it....half the battle when it comes to exercise. I thouroughly enjoy the tread mill. I have a Bose system and Bose head phones. Either listen to a book or sing to the top of my lungs. It keeps the guys out of my house!:)

I'm with you on the treadmil and my ipod - i do enjoy it most days - can't sing cuz I am in a gym - and I can't sing anyway but will mouth the word :0)

Have a great time, Eva. Drive safe, load the trunk up with "useless sh_t" as my DH would call it.

Hey...I've always been going to tell you girls about a scent that I like and Janet talking about little shops brought it back to me.

When DH and I were in St. Augustine last year we came across this little shop that has soaps, candles, candies, etc. They had this body mist that is absolutely the best smelling in the WORLD. It's called Rain made by Terra Nova. All they had left the day we were there was their sample bottle and she wouldn't sell it to me. Went home and ordered on Amazon.com (for 1/2 the price). Anyway, it's the best. Makes me feel like a jungle goddess when I wear it!!!!!!!!!!:bored:

The place is called the bath junkie - it just hit me :0)

You are a goddess - just ask DH :0)

Good Morning, Gang!

Looking forward to tomorrow. Earl is still grumbling about it and I think he's trying to get out of it! He says HE has to do some shopping for me... birthday and Christmas and "WHEN am I going to do THAT??" But if I take the car he can't do it anyway! I told him he can go shopping in the morning. But last weekend we were at the mall... I think that was last weeknd, maybe the week before... and he was off by himself for a long time... AND I reminded him that he might want to think about doing some "shopping", but he didn't.

Somebody tell me.... what is ZUMBA????

You gals get up TOO early in the morning! I've been getting up about 6:45 a.m., but was a little later than that today... because I stayed up until after midnight! Two nights before that I was in bed EARLY for me... 10:30 ish.. because I was REALLY tired. But last night I was back to my night owl habits!

Have a GREAT day everyone.

I can pick you up Phyl - it's not out of my way it's all in the same direction -

Thanks for ur concern Apples & Phyllser. Nothing broken just lots bruises and sore hip n back. No I don't have a scale, yet. Will get one someday.

PS. Apples, I've had that perfume too...love it!!

Indigo, I know it didn't come on overnight, and Im not expecting it to leave overnight. I was just asking, wondering what to expect. Some ppl say they loose alot when just banded b4 a fill, others don't. Just curious as to what different ppl go thru. I do write down what I eat everyday & how much.

Coconut

I felt my 1st fill and restriction right away but after 2 weeks it was gone - called an made an appointment for another one - and truly I have only had 2 fills as the 3rd that I got 1/08 all but .1 was taken out - but I don't seem to be the norm on on this subject - from what I have read it can take 3 -4 -5 -6 -10 fills - it depends on your body - how aggressive your doc is with fills - some only give you .5 at a time.. Some pple don't even need a fill for 6 months -

With my doc if you are losing good weight between fills he won't give you one - I went in 12/07 for 3rd - had lost 17 between end of Oct and he wouldn't give me one - but then when I went in 1/08 he relented and I should have listen to him I didn't really need it.

Everyone is diff - that why I was never one to ask how much fill I have and questioned the oldies here when I 1st joined lbt - why is everyone so concerned with the amount of their fills and comparing them - it isn't important as what works for me might not work for you - The only thing I care about is having good restriction but being able to eat more than 1/2 cup of food per meal..

It's important to have a scale - as obese pple we didn't weight ourselves - cuz we didn't want to see the #'s on there - but we ignored what that thing said and look where that got us - but I think that it's important to be mindful of your weight - I weighed only once a week and still do.. I have a 5 lbs limit - I flucate between 138 - 143 - any thing above 143 means extra days at the gym and more mindful of what I am eating

Good afternoon. Just got home from another day with Grandma and this one went much better than the last. She must've just not been feeling quite right the other day. We were just going to lunch but then she asked to go to Kohls and Bath & Bodyworks. We came out of the latter real smelly trying on all these scents. LOL We must've had 6 to 8 different scents on various parts of our arms all mingled together in the warm car. :thumbup:

Apples, I didn't know I was meeting a Jungle Goddess next week. LOL

Coconut, Dr S's office is pretty aggressive with fills. My first fill was 3 cc's and they will give one as often as 2 weeks. Their philosophy was a little different than some docs. Some docs say if you are losing good you don't need one. They tend to say if you are losing a lot you probably do need one as you lose the fat pad between your band and stoma. I know as I was losing rapidly I lost my restriction rapidly. I had I believe 7 fills, you can see them in my siggie. However, Janet, is very right, everyone is different. Janet got to goal on 2 fills and it took me many more. Be mindful of how much you are eating, every time you go in for a fill, you have to fill out a questionaire too about the portion size you are eating, how often etc. and they decide from there if you need a fill. Never just get a fill for a fills sake because you think it will jumpstart your weight loss. You could have perfect restriction and still overeat because you are eating slider foods etc. And then you'll get overfilled and that's not good at all.

PHyls, so when is your bday?? I know you do the Wii, have you gotten the WiiFit Plus? Was wondering what was different about it.

Great did zumba for awhile. If I remember right, she enjoyed it. There are days I wish I could join a gym. Too far of a drive for me and I am very active so would most likely be a waste of my money. Glad you enjoyed it....half the battle when it comes to exercise. I thouroughly enjoy the tread mill. I have a Bose system and Bose head phones. Either listen to a book or sing to the top of my lungs. It keeps the guys out of my house!:thumbup:

Nope she would be about 2hrs beyond home to get to Meredith. Detroit is 2 hours farther. She is in Houghton/Hancock. Which is alot closer to Minn. She loves it up there. I do too, but only in the summer. I hate snow and ice. When she grads in May I'm sure she won't be coming home, hopefully a job if not talking Colorado for more school. She amazes me with her independence. She is hearing impaired but it has never stopped her. Never let her believe she had a handicap.

I have been using my treadmill every morning for 2 weeks, have to give it up for a week since she is home and it is in her room. Sounds like me watch news for 15 mins then ipod for 15, just singing away. Glad know one is home then. lol

This fitness center just opened up, I haven't joined yet but went to that class. All feel good music and just dancing around, but a workout. I think it was great that was doing it before.

Laura K

Phyl, Zumba is a exercise class that is basically dancing to latin type music. Real fast and moving constantly for a hour. I thought it had a lot of belly dancing moves in it. Not that I belly dance but from what I've seen. lol

Laura K

Hey everyone~

I think I have too much on the brain... going on two nights without much sleep. Was also stuffy and couldn't use my CPAP. I have not been using it much lately and don't travel with it anymore. Unless my sinuses are acting up- I don't snore anymore. I never had true apnea. YAWN.

DH took Dad's truck in for service today... and guess what... it's contagious! The battery was dead! Better it happened before the trip! The drive will be around 12 hours. We make more stops when Nelson is in the car. I allow him 10 min breaks of lying on the floor board each hour and playing with cars or whatever. It drives DH NUTS. We never wore seatbelts as kids, sat in the back of the station wagon. He got a "game boy" from his auntie, so he might not notice the need for breaks. It's going to be interesting driving up and flying back. Who wants to bet I will have more stuff than I can fly back with?! LOL

I am soooo unmotivated to exercise this week. Just trying to keep my head above Water. DH promised to walk with me every day at my parents house. The weather is perfect there and leaves so beautiful.

Need to go do work.. clean, laundry... etc. I will CBL. Hugs to everyone.

peas.

hang in there Peas try to get rest you will need it We all love you and are here for you.

Tried some Long John SIlver's fish and chicken. Peeled off most of the fried coating but still had trouble with tightness. Not much meat left under all that breading.

Now I'm hungry. And exasperated. I hate wasting the little I can eat on something that doesn't satisfy me physically or taste-wise. I'll have my Kashi bar and something to drink and hope that does it for the night.

My Dr. had me not drink for half an hour before as well as half an hour after a meal.

Shoppers have a great time. Laura are you OK? Julie?

Anyone else lurking?

Good afternoon. Just got home from another day with Grandma and this one went much better than the last. She must've just not been feeling quite right the other day. We were just going to lunch but then she asked to go to Kohls and Bath & Bodyworks. We came out of the latter real smelly trying on all these scents. LOL We must've had 6 to 8 different scents on various parts of our arms all mingled together in the warm car. :thumbup:

Apples, I didn't know I was meeting a Jungle Goddess next week. LOL

Coconut, Dr S's office is pretty aggressive with fills. My first fill was 3 cc's and they will give one as often as 2 weeks. Their philosophy was a little different than some docs. Some docs say if you are losing good you don't need one. They tend to say if you are losing a lot you probably do need one as you lose the fat pad between your band and stoma. I know as I was losing rapidly I lost my restriction rapidly. I had I believe 7 fills, you can see them in my siggie. However, Janet, is very right, everyone is different. Janet got to goal on 2 fills and it took me many more. Be mindful of how much you are eating, every time you go in for a fill, you have to fill out a questionaire too about the portion size you are eating, how often etc. and they decide from there if you need a fill.

Never just get a fill for a fills sake because you think it will jumpstart your weight loss. You could have perfect restriction and still overeat because you are eating slider foods etc. And then you'll get overfilled and that's not good at all.

PHyls, so when is your bday?? I know you do the Wii, have you gotten the WiiFit Plus? Was wondering what was different about it.

Great - Great advice there (red) I think so many pple think that !! But after being to tight - you never want that again ;0)

Phyl's bday is 11/25 (Wed) :0) -

My DIL wanted a Wii fit for Xmas - I got it - and it has the plus in it - I want to open it and see what the diff is - I know it has some more stuff on it - I read the review once but don't really remember -

Glad you had a better day w/GM today :0)

Nope she would be about 2hrs beyond home to get to Meredith. Detroit is 2 hours farther. She is in Houghton/Hancock. Which is alot closer to Minn. She loves it up there. I do too, but only in the summer. I hate snow and ice. When she grads in May I'm sure she won't be coming home, hopefully a job if not talking Colorado for more school. She amazes me with her independence. She is hearing impaired but it has never stopped her. Never let her believe she had a handicap.

I have been using my treadmill every morning for 2 weeks, have to give it up for a week since she is home and it is in her room. Sounds like me watch news for 15 mins then ipod for 15, just singing away. Glad know one is home then. lol

This fitness center just opened up, I haven't joined yet but went to that class. All feel good music and just dancing around, but a workout. I think it was great that was doing it before.

Laura K

WTG LauraK on the exercise - is your daughter totally deaf - do you sign?? That's great that she doesn't let it affect her life and she independant - I would rather have an independant child than one who lives at home when they are 30 :0)

Tried some Long John SIlver's fish and chicken. Peeled off most of the fried coating but still had trouble with tightness. Not much meat left under all that breading.

Now I'm hungry. And exasperated. I hate wasting the little I can eat on something that doesn't satisfy me physically or taste-wise. I'll have my Kashi bar and something to drink and hope that does it for the night.

My Dr. had me not drink for half an hour before as well as half an hour after a meal.

Shoppers have a great time. Laura are you OK? Julie?

Anyone else lurking?

Cheri - I agree with you 100% - I hate wasting my meals on stuff that isn't good or doesn't satisfy me.. But to tell you the truth I have always been that way even when I was morbity obese - nothing worse than going out to eat and getting a terrible meal..

My doc says the same thing about drinking 1/2 hr - but I will drink prior to eating - not much cuz if I go out I don't order a drink - just Water - I may have a sip or 2 before I eat but I don't drink the whole glass

Well my GS Andrew did a great job on cleaning today - he's a good cleaner and does it often - but he doesn't normally dust - today he did - He's really a great kid - I have been so blessed w/him - I would say 8th grade was the worse year - he was pretty mouthy..

Well house is all clean for Eva's arrival tomorrow - Went to the store and got something for Breakfast on Sunday and fruit if we want something when we get back from dinner on Saturday night.

No work for 16 days !!! I feel so relaxed already even though I have a busy weekend and then preparing for turkey day and kids comming... But am very happy today and feeling very blessed...

Cheri...Long John Silver has a grilled salmon that isn't too bad. I do not like to waste money on things I cannot eat either.

Great...your GM sounds so cute and so fun. How many 100yr olds get out and really want to do it. You go Granny!

LauraK...cograts on raising an independent daughter and for teaching her that she has all kinds of options even though she is hearing impaired.

Melissa...How ya doing? A better week this week? Hope you were able to turn that bus around and get back to your better eating habits. No fun to hit that wall.

Meredith and Julie, someone scare you away? Missing you.

Well, was a busy day and ready to follow DH down the hall to the bedroom. Told him to give me 5 cuz wanted to check in with my "girls". Did apt...packing glass from curio cabinets, went to wake for young many 36 who died of a heart attack (by no means was obese) and then heading home and thinking I would hop in bed early. Got the bug to do some cooking and lunch packing for tomorrow since I will be at the apt. again for the entire day. Feels good to have it done.

Oh yeah, replaced my lost diamond bracelet...it's on my finger. Typing is going slow....I keep looking at it. Had it sized. Told clerk I wear a 4 on left hand and a 4.5 on right. Told her twice....she had the jeweler do 5.5. Cuz you don't want them too tight, ya know. Darn her. It won't stay on my finger so now a trip back to get sized AGAIN. Waste of my time and just wish ppl would listen and do what a customer wants. Anyway, beautiful ring I picked out....if I do say so myself. I am going to ask for the $$ back that they charged me for sizing. It will be at least that if not more for gas spent going back and forth for the second time. What happened to the days when you bought something and things like that were included.

OK...enough complaining. I need to breathe deep and think peaceful thoughts b/4 bed or I'll be dreaming dreaded things in technicolor.

Hey Laura...hope things are going OK.

Got my days mixed up and thought the "shopping expedition" was today. Have fun girls! Wish I was there with ya. Have a foo foo drink for me...

Janet, No she is not deaf, has a severe to profound loss in both ears. Has worn hearing aids since she was about 2 1/2. She knows some sign language just because she has learned it on her own. Has taken a class, which was considered a foreign language in college. Went to pre-school a couple days a week in a hearing impaired class then main streamed starting in kindergarten. She is a very smart girl, top ten, national honor society, high honors in high school. (not bragging just very proud) I was just teasing her that she has gone to school for almost 20 years. She will be 23 in Jan. I am glad that they are both independent, verdict is still out as they are not really on their own yet. lol

Wish the cleaning bug would wear off on them when they are home. I just shut the door and don't look. Keeps me sane, well maybe that verdict is still out too.....

Laura K

Janet...send that kid to my house...I'll let him use my airline miles and even consider first class!

I'm happy that you feel happy. sleep tight everybody.