Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning Gang..

I was MIA with a hangover !!!! My employers didn't/don't think that 30 yrs means squat... Nothing from them - after someone brought it to there attention the whole office came over to my desk and said congrats.. Big whoop!!!

A couple of pple were pissed and said we'll take you out for drinks - so I said yes.. Well we went and drank then went over to one of the girls house and continued to drink and trash our bosses... I ended up spending the night and called in sick yesterday - slept and ate...

Oh ya they sent flowers yesterday - well it's an after thought and they can jump in a lake as far as I am concerned...

Jill so glad to hear from you !!! Congrats on your 1 yr anniversary and weight loss....

Cheri - Hugs on the parent issues !!!

Well this is going to be short - I'm still dragging butt - my coffee hasn't kicked in and I gotta get ready to go to the gym- don't want to but I HAVE TO..

CBL

Janet, I feel your pain.........I had a similar experience when I retired. Anyway, CONGRATS! for thirty loyal years.

Well, my son is trying out for Biggest Loser today. Yeah, obesity is a family thing. He was banded two years ago and lost 120lbs and has gained it all back. He never followed up on his fills and did not have a support system. Our family has that addiction gene. My poor babies got it from both of us. They are in their thirties, and now their metabolisms are slowing down. I don't know if they will accept him with a band.

Janet, I feel your pain.........I had a similar experience when I retired. Anyway, CONGRATS! for thirty loyal years.

Well, my son is trying out for Biggest Loser today. Yeah, obesity is a family thing. He was banded two years ago and lost 120lbs and has gained it all back. He never followed up on his fills and did not have a support system. Our family has that addiction gene. My poor babies got it from both of us. They are in their thirties, and now their metabolisms are slowing down. I don't know if they will accept him with a band.

Thanks Charlene !!!

How cool about your son trying out for biggest loser - does he have any restriction - why doesnt he go in for a fill.

As we all know - it's just a tool and even with the band it's not easy (or any wls for that matter)

Hope he makes it !!!

Thanks Charlene !!!

How cool about your son trying out for biggest loser - does he have any restriction - why doesnt he go in for a fill.

As we all know - it's just a tool and even with the band it's not easy (or any wls for that matter)

Hope he makes it !!!

He went for a fill a couple of months ago. It did not help. I look for him to get gastric bypass next year. His insurance does not cover WLS or fills since he became self employed. Yeah, his BIL talked him into trying out in San Antonio. He has been posting comments all morning........stuff I can't put on this thread. It is hillarious.

Hi Everyone~

Janet~ <hugs> Sorry to hear about work. I know this is NOT the same... I worked for several years as an ER nurse (in the same hospital I had been born in, my mother worked as a nurse and where I had worked as an ER tech for 2 years) and was leaving for the Peace Corps, they did NOTHING! It's not like I was leaving for a new fancy job.. I was going to a 3rd world country! Not even a card! Again 3 years versus 30 years! Geez Louise! That would really upset me too. Hope you are feeling better both emotionally and physically. I hate hangovers.

Meredith~ I had a HUGE horrible seroma after my surgery. They drained it every week x 2 and then every two weeks x 2. It slowly got smaller and smaller. That may very well be what it is. They are very common. Also, if you don't have any signs of infection, as Janet said (redness, swelling, fever, pus)... that might be it.

Charlene~ good luck for your son! WOW! that would be so cool!!! Let us know what happens.

Tonight we have a babysitter and are going out to dinner and to a movie. I feel a little guilty b/c Nelson wanted to go with us. But it is so necessary to have adult time. His teacher is going to be his sitter and he LOVES her, so he will be ok. Nels slept for 12 hours last night after his dental surgery yesterday. He had vistaril and nitrous oxide and the whole ordeal wiped him out.

Since my sister left, the scale has not moved! I know I need to start keeping a food diary again. I need to see exactly what I am doing with calories and Protein, etc. Ever since vacation when I got out of the habit, I have had a hard time sticking to documenting everything. I hate that. I am exercising. But it makes me feel somewhat "out of control" when I am not keeping track of my intake. TOMORROW I will start again.

My sister was 246 when she arrived at my house and yesterday she was 239! She said that being so good (eating on plan and exercising) here at my house really helped her! I am happy for her. My niece so worries me. When we went to the grocery store they have one of those big scales at the entrance. I hopped on. The scale only goes to 250 so for the LONGEST time I couldn't weigh on it!!! I was sooo happy to finally be on there! Anyway my niece got on and I was shocked to see her at 209! She was 140 at my wedding in 2001. And only recently in the last 1-2 years put on the weight. We went clothes shopping and she was so bummed about her size. She was had to get 18s. I used the opportunity to talk to her about how I know how she was feeling, etc. I tried to motivate her with all the usual pep talks. That night after dinner she ate a whole Häagen-Dazs sorbet (i think it was a pint, said 3 servings at 150 cal each), then 2 bowls of Lucky Charms, a regular coke and then 2 ice cream sandwiches. I did NOT have this stuff in the house, she had gone to the store and bought it. It broke my heart to just watch her eat and eat. We have all been there. At one point she said "don't anyone say anything to me". So, what do you say to that?! She is 26, educated, has watched her mother and aunt deal with morbid obesity and is clearly not wanting interference. Her boyfriend that she lives with is really upset with her weight gain. They were together a year before moving in together last January. He even asked her to "promise" she would lose weight. I don't know is she is subconsciously trying to see if he will leave her... to test him?!

I want to tell you guys more about my sister's visit. Will do it tomorrow.

Have a good weekend everyone!

I'm having a hard time dealing with lowering my carb intake for surgery. I 'm a diabetic and I feel lightheaded and can't concentrate. Can anyone help me?

I'm having a hard time dealing with lowering my carb intake for surgery. I 'm a diabetic and I feel lightheaded and can't concentrate. Can anyone help me?

I would call the doctor. If you are diabetic you don't want to mess up your levels. They may modify your diet.

I would call the doctor. If you are diabetic you don't want to mess up your levels. They may modify your diet.

Thanks. I'll call Monday in the meanwhile I'm going to eat like normal.

My doctor had a separate section for diabetics on his pre-op diet sheet. Yours probably has something, too.

Hey girls.

Janet~ At least I hope you had fun!

Laura~ I'm just so annoyed about this whole thing. I just want the incision to heal all of the way so I don't have to constantly worry about it. It is now an obsession. Today I showed one of my clients, fellow bandster, and RN my incision and where it was draining from. She said that she would probably let it air out as much as I can and lightly dress it when necessary. The question is....Neosporin or no Neosporin? Since i got home from work around 6, I have let it air out. Nothing has drained out. All I know is that I cannot wait to go to the Doc on Monday to see what is really going on now.

Today I feel really FAT. Like loaf belly, muffin-top whatever you want to call it. Sick. I was "pooped" when I got home from work so I took a nap. Then when I woke up, I felt really hungry. Ravenous really. I drank 8 ounces of Boost and now I feel nauseous. Maybe I drank it too fast? I also had some iced tea before hand. I guess I'm just frustrated and I guess a little depressed or something.

Sorry to be complaining so much, I just am missing out on a lot of things because I don't feel well (surprise party and bachelorette party).

CBL, for sure. Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

~Meredith

Hey girls.

Laura~ I'm just so annoyed about this whole thing. I just want the incision to heal all of the way so I don't have to constantly worry about it. It is now an obsession. Today I showed one of my clients, fellow bandster, and RN my incision and where it was draining from. She said that she would probably let it air out as much as I can and lightly dress it when necessary. The question is....Neosporin or no Neosporin? Since i got home from work around 6, I have let it air out. Nothing has drained out. All I know is that I cannot wait to go to the Doc on Monday to see what is really going on now.

Today I feel really FAT. Like loaf belly, muffin-top whatever you want to call it. Sick. I was "pooped" when I got home from work so I took a nap. Then when I woke up, I felt really hungry. Ravenous really. I drank 8 ounces of Boost and now I feel nauseous. Maybe I drank it too fast? I also had some iced tea before hand. I guess I'm just frustrated and I guess a little depressed or something.

Sorry to be complaining so much, I just am missing out on a lot of things because I don't feel well (surprise party and bachelorette party).

~Meredith

I'm really sorry you're going thru this Meredith. Isn't Boost high in carbs? I think I wasn't allowed to drink that one. A hit of carbs could make you feel nauseous.

I'm really sorry you're going thru this Meredith. Isn't Boost high in carbs? I think I wasn't allowed to drink that one. A hit of carbs could make you feel nauseous.

IDK, all I know is that I am following what my dietitian said to do to the letter, and before today, it was working out great. This is the same diet that I have been on for 4 weeks already. I think that #1 I didn't drink enough Water today and #2 I was really hungry and maybe I drank it way too fast? Cause now I feel soooo much better! Thanks.

Laura~ I forgot, thank you so much for giving me that link. I knew that someone on this thread had the seroma problem! I think that might be the issue with me now. I have a lot of hardness around the port incision as well, so it does sound very similar.:frown:

Can't sleep. Too long of a nap after work I think.

CBL~ Meredith

Thanks. I'll call Monday in the meanwhile I'm going to eat like normal.

Yeah, if you're taking insulin, you need some carbs so your blood sugar won't bottom out.

He went for a fill a couple of months ago. It did not help. I look for him to get gastric bypass next year. His insurance does not cover WLS or fills since he became self employed. Yeah, his BIL talked him into trying out in San Antonio. He has been posting comments all morning........stuff I can't put on this thread. It is hillarious.

Well I want to hear what it takes - My DS & DIL need to go - but alas they gotta work - and I think my DIL would flake out - helll she won't walk up the stairs if she doesn't have too..

Hi Everyone~

Janet~ <hugs> Sorry to hear about work. I know this is NOT the same... I worked for several years as an ER nurse (in the same hospital I had been born in, my mother worked as a nurse and where I had worked as an ER tech for 2 years) and was leaving for the Peace Corps, they did NOTHING! It's not like I was leaving for a new fancy job.. I was going to a 3rd world country! Not even a card! Again 3 years versus 30 years! Geez Louise! That would really upset me too. Hope you are feeling better both emotionally and physically. I hate hangovers.

Meredith~ I had a HUGE horrible seroma after my surgery. They drained it every week x 2 and then every two weeks x 2. It slowly got smaller and smaller. That may very well be what it is. They are very common. Also, if you don't have any signs of infection, as Janet said (redness, swelling, fever, pus)... that might be it.

Charlene~ good luck for your son! WOW! that would be so cool!!! Let us know what happens.

Tonight we have a babysitter and are going out to dinner and to a movie. I feel a little guilty b/c Nelson wanted to go with us. But it is so necessary to have adult time. His teacher is going to be his sitter and he LOVES her, so he will be ok. Nels slept for 12 hours last night after his dental surgery yesterday. He had vistaril and nitrous oxide and the whole ordeal wiped him out.

Since my sister left, the scale has not moved! I know I need to start keeping a food diary again. I need to see exactly what I am doing with calories and Protein, etc. Ever since vacation when I got out of the habit, I have had a hard time sticking to documenting everything. I hate that. I am exercising. But it makes me feel somewhat "out of control" when I am not keeping track of my intake. TOMORROW I will start again.

My sister was 246 when she arrived at my house and yesterday she was 239! She said that being so good (eating on plan and exercising) here at my house really helped her! I am happy for her. My niece so worries me. When we went to the grocery store they have one of those big scales at the entrance. I hopped on. The scale only goes to 250 so for the LONGEST time I couldn't weigh on it!!! I was sooo happy to finally be on there! Anyway my niece got on and I was shocked to see her at 209! She was 140 at my wedding in 2001. And only recently in the last 1-2 years put on the weight. We went clothes shopping and she was so bummed about her size. She was had to get 18s. I used the opportunity to talk to her about how I know how she was feeling, etc. I tried to motivate her with all the usual pep talks. That night after dinner she ate a whole Häagen-Dazs sorbet (i think it was a pint, said 3 servings at 150 cal each), then 2 bowls of Lucky Charms, a regular coke and then 2 ice cream sandwiches. I did NOT have this stuff in the house, she had gone to the store and bought it. It broke my heart to just watch her eat and eat. We have all been there. At one point she said "don't anyone say anything to me". So, what do you say to that?! She is 26, educated, has watched her mother and aunt deal with morbid obesity and is clearly not wanting interference. Her boyfriend that she lives with is really upset with her weight gain. They were together a year before moving in together last January. He even asked her to "promise" she would lose weight. I don't know is she is subconsciously trying to see if he will leave her... to test him?!

I want to tell you guys more about my sister's visit. Will do it tomorrow.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Laura - Hell even 3 yrs going to the peace corps - a card lunch or something !!! Bosses now a days can be so insensitive

The issue on your niece as we all know there is nothing we can do til they want help themselves - I know watching my DIL eat last weekend - was sickening and to think I ate some what like her prior to surgery... She eats way more carbs than I ever had and eats alot more than I did - she is most likely pushing 300 lbs.. Heck I have to bite my tongue alot of time when I watch other eat and how they eat - you know like a reformed alcoholic smoker - we go the other way :0)

Glad Nelson is better today - $1000 for 4 teeth - you guys don't have dental insurance - That's a bit pricey...

I agree that it's most likely from his beginnings - and no prenatal care or care for that matter after his birth... You are both lucky him for having you and you for having him.

Hey girls.

~Meredith

Meredith

Ya I had fun til the time that I don't remember :0) ... But I'm a happy drunk :frown:) Won't be doing that for a long time - I'm not much of a drinker anymore... It interfers with my program :0)

How much longer are you on a liquid diet?? and we all have our fat days - just take it one day at a time...

Talk to the doc - I'm not diabrtic so I can't help at all on this..

Good Morning Gang

Yesterday had to help my GF who threw her back out - today gotta get my own shopping and stuff done ... 1 week from thrusday I leave for Canada for my Lucky #7 trip...

Gotta figure out what to take - just want to take a carry on..

I need to shower - will cbl later have a great sunday..

Well I want to hear what it takes - My DS & DIL need to go - but alas they gotta work - and I think my DIL would flake out - helll she won't walk up the stairs if she doesn't have too..

Laura - Hell even 3 yrs going to the peace corps - a card lunch or something !!! Bosses now a days can be so insensitive

The issue on your niece as we all know there is nothing we can do til they want help themselves - I know watching my DIL eat last weekend - was sickening and to think I ate some what like her prior to surgery... She eats way more carbs than I ever had and eats alot more than I did - she is most likely pushing 300 lbs.. Heck I have to bite my tongue alot of time when I watch other eat and how they eat - you know like a reformed alcoholic smoker - we go the other way :0)

Glad Nelson is better today - $1000 for 4 teeth - you guys don't have dental insurance - That's a bit pricey...

I agree that it's most likely from his beginnings - and no prenatal care or care for that matter after his birth... You are both lucky him for having you and you for having him.

1 week from thrusday I leave for Canada for my Lucky #7 trip...

Gotta figure out what to take - just want to take a carry on..

I need to shower - will cbl later have a great sunday..

Janet~

You are so right about others and their eating habits around you. I guess I have not been around that many people who are not eating healthy since my surgery. My whole family, parents and husband, have adopted the new lifestyle. My Nelson could care less if he ate. Day of his dentist, I said only some apple juice this morning, no eating and he said "yippeee". LOL. But I too find I have an intolerance to seeing people gorge around me. At restaurants it almost makes me sick. Perhaps it is because I know I was on that side of the fence before.

Yeah, we have no dental insurance! it sux. It just appalls me that a group of physicians have such shitty insurance! They had an exclusion for my band surgery and no dental. Get this... we have a $6000 family deductible! It's ridiculous.

Where are you going in Canada? We are leaving for Quebec on the 20th!!! My DH, DS and I are going for a week. It's our 8th wedding anniv. on the 21st and we just wanted to do something different. I have never been to Canada and am looking forward to it. We are staying at a place that has lofts with full kitchens. I really don't want to rely on restaurants like I did in Charleston. It made me feel horrible.. emotionally and physically. I just cannot handle the way they cook things, even nice restaurants the veggies are covered with oil. So we will eat out once a day and then have something in the apt the others. Eating out used to be such an enjoyment before the band. Now I find ways to NOT eat out..LOL.

Meredith~

Hope you are feeling better today. Like Janet said, we do all have fat days. One thing I did that REALLY REALLY helped me... is I took a photo before surgery, one 45 days later and then one 3 months later. Whenever I feel like I don't look like I have lost any... i pull them out. It really helps straighten out the mind FU@&. I have no shame nor modesty. I will attach them to this posting. Lord have mercy if they ever make it to the paparazzi..LOL... i will never have a political career! HAH. Seriously though, let us know what the doctor says tomorrow. It may be a seroma. I know mine was larger on one side and harder... felt like a baby's head! When I looked down I looked pregnant! It WILL get better, I promise!

ok guys, rents left this morning. Short but sweet trip. So much cleaning to do. We walked this morning ~ 2 miles, DS, DH and me. And then I wanted to ride my bike. Accidentally ripped out the part of the tire where you put air in! New tire purchase tomorrow!:frown:

BTW, down one more pound today!!! hip hip.... horayyyyy

I wish I had taken a photo at 312#. Unfortunately i only have one at 304.

First pic, 2-20-09 pre-op, 304 lbs

2nd, 4-17-09, 45 days post op, 272 lbs (- 30 lbs)

3rd, 6-30-09, 4 mo. post op, 250 lbs (-62)

4th 2-20-09

rth 6-30-09

Edited by peascorps