Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And I want to eat. I want breaded chicken, fried, pizza. How can I do this for 2 weeks? This is hard, especially when others eat around me. Im going mad but the good thing is, like in my other post, Ive dropped 8lbs. UGGGGH. Wish I could magically shrink my liver without this diet. I think to myself, would it really hurt it I cheated, just once?

Hi,

The reason you should do it is because it is a good start on the rest of your life. I lost 12 pounds on the liquid pre-op diet, my liver was perfect (I have a fatty liver and elevated liver enzymes), and I was used to the liquid diet after surgery. I have lost 8 more pounds since the surgery on May 19. It is the first time I have ever stuck to anything and I am so proud of myself. It was worth it. Even if you cheat a little bit now, you can't after the surgery because you could cause irreversable harm to your pouch. So, the best thing is keep trying. It will get better soon!

Thanks for the advice. Ive done great so far, and even though I watch my daughter as we speak, eat an ice cream cone, I still hold strong. I dont think I will cheat, I just want to cheat. And thats bad. But thank you so much for your advice.

It is very normal to think that...What if I just cheat one time?? But guess what...when you get good restriction with your fills you CANT do that anymore. I am at the point to wear I am lucky to get down a cup of a meal and then I start to feel tight and pain kicks in. The switch that I now call the STOP BUTTON switches on and you STOP. Can't cheat anymore unless I eat ice cream or something like that. But it isn't worth it anymore because when you start to see the scale going down you are so proud of yourself and you want to keep it up. So the little bit you do put in counts to just keep yourself healthy not shove it in to feed your emotions. It is very frustrating when your at the table and others are shoveling it down like you used to and here you are trying to eat teenie tiny bites and slowly. It takes awhile before you start feeling like I don't care. I wanted to scream the first 8 months especially when I went out to eat with others and I couldn't hardly eat anything. It took awhile to not feel anger that you have to suffer to get the weight off when others around you eat what ever they want and stay at a normal weight. It is coming to terms that obesity is a part of my life and I have this great tool to now kick it and be healthy instead of miserably fat. The band is a great tool but it is NOT THE EASY WAY OUT and don't let anyone tell you it is. It is hard to not be able to eat. Good luck and you will be a great sucess. Keep the faith!!!!!!!!!!

Don't stress... I know it may seem hard, actually the first three days were hard for me, but it was all worth it! I lost 13 lbs. pre-op, and my surgery was a success! It really is a matter of the mind. A few tips...

1. Drink lots of 0 calorie drinks, crystal lite, h20..

2. Try some Protein drinks, Propel is really good.

3. Carnation no sugar added Breakfast drink fills you up...

Good Luck!

I didnt have to do a pre-op diet, but I am now 4 days post-op and I am also craving food. I can't eat it because even when I drink Water too fast I get this full, painful, gurgling, burpy feeling. I can't imagine the pain I would feel if I ate a piece of pizza. I MISS food. It was a friend, a way to pass time, a comfort. How do you think we got this way in the first place? I just have to learn to look at food differently....its a way to survive. Changes aren't easy...but I can only imagine the elation I am going to feel when I am thin. I guess its just going to be a painful transition for all of us.

I am geting banded on 6/3. I can tell you, yes it's hard. I had a mini breakdown at work. Literally cried at my desk and yelled I'm hungry. I can really do that at work. Everyone has been really supoortive. Dr. Floch put me on Optima 800. 4 shakes and 2 bars a day. This is the hardest thing I've ever done. It got so bad I was craving shredded lettuce w/ vinegar. I did make one mistake. I ate all my bars and i had to buy the sllimfast 4 hour bar. i think i will come clean and call the office tomorrow and tell them what i did. i started at 244. i am now at 230 naked in the am. I took sleeping pills to take my mind off the hunger. i also drank a lot of Water. more than what was recommended. it really helped. i was fortunate enough to get my gallbladder removed last Thursday. They really helped me keep my mind off things. Chewing sugarless gum helps too. Good Luck!

Hang in there you will survive! I am on week two of the liguid diet and I agree it sucks and I still have one more week to go :scared2:

I am allowed to have sugar free popcicles and they are good. The first week was the hardest I had major headaches the doc said they were due to no carbs or sugar. Hold your head up and this shall pass and think of what a great future as a healthy person you have to look forward to :thumbup:

My Surgery Date Is June 3rd, I Was Told To Do A Preop Diet For 2 Weeks, But I Can't Do It. I Am Eating Much Healthier Tough. Hope There Is No Omplications On Surgery Date

The only really I did stick to it was because I didn't want my surgery to be more complicated. My Dr.will sew you back up if you don't do it. He said it is to decrease the fatty deposits in your liver. He has to clamp your liver is fatty it makes the operation more difficult. Your liver it firm and not soft or plaible.The diet make you much easier to work on. Where do you live? I ate allmy bars ughhhh!

I am geting banded on 6/3. I can tell you, yes it's hard. I had a mini breakdown at work. Literally cried at my desk and yelled I'm hungry. I can really do that at work. Everyone has been really supoortive. Dr. Floch put me on Optima 800. 4 shakes and 2 bars a day. This is the hardest thing I've ever done. It got so bad I was craving shredded lettuce w/ vinegar. I did make one mistake. I ate all my bars and i had to buy the sllimfast 4 hour bar. i think i will come clean and call the office tomorrow and tell them what i did. i started at 244. i am now at 230 naked in the am. I took sleeping pills to take my mind off the hunger. i also drank a lot of Water. more than what was recommended. it really helped. i was fortunate enough to get my gallbladder removed last Thursday. They really helped me keep my mind off things. Chewing sugarless gum helps too. Good Luck!

WOW that is tomorrow!! I am sure you are nervous as we all were going into a surgery. The one bit of advice I can give you is walk as soon as you can after the surgery and walk as much as they let you. It helps get the gas out and keeps your bloating feeling less. You will be sore like someone punched you in the stomach and it will last for about 2 weeks. Keep your insitions clean so they heal well. Good luck and you will be so happy but you have to have patients with your body. It is a tool for the long haul and you didn't put the weight on over night. I know it will be hard to cut the food out when it has been our crutch for so long. Find a good support group in your area to make friends with locals that have a band. It makes a huge difference to meet up and bounce stories and suggestions off each other. I met with mine yesterday and we always leave with a sense of we are not the only one going threw these struggles of our everyday life with food issues. It is key to emotional healing and staying focused on the goal of being healthy and happy not SKINNY!!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

at last my day has finally come. Although this process started 4/2; which is very quick for the most part I am so happy. I have overcome Optifast 800 going on my second day of clear and it's really not bad. Of course, I do admit I did do some non basic things to satisfy my cravings. Mixed clam base w/ chix broth,tasted like seafood chowder. I mixed wonton Soup with Miso, that's a great flavor. The sleeping pills I bought for costco were a godsend. Truly, that is what helped me on my toughest days. Finally, my day is tomorrow. Ok, I broked down on Friday and cheated. I ate poached trout with vinegar and lettuce. I ate it ,it did the job and I had just an ounce of guilt. I have not strayed since. I am so proud of myself. I plan on carrying the torch tomorrow.

Thanking all of you for your endless support,

MarLinda