Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How often do you weigh yourself??

How often do you weigh yourself?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How often do you weigh yourself?

I clicked on once a week but it's more like twice a week for me. I like to stay on top of it but every day would drive me insane.

I voted every other week since my doc told me today that is how often I am supposed to do it, but up till today I weighed every day or every other.

I weigh myself all the time at least 3 times a day. I just cant understand how I can weigh 200 and the next time 193. Then I get depressed when I weigh more. Also 1 dr. scale is less then the other. Every scale is different. WOW.

I'm not banded yet, but I usually weigh myself once a week. There are days that I weigh myself several times, or weigh myself 3 days in a row.

I tend to forget about the scale so its usually once a week for me, or every other week. I'd rather see the change in dress sizes anyway. Once I see that I can get into a smaller size then I'll weigh myself to see the difference.

Well, now I feel better!

My DH was joshing me about jumping on and off the scale LOL:lol:!!

Having a scale is such a novel experience, especially the kind that keeps a running memory of what you weighed last....which is good..or bad...Hehehehe!

Once I get banded I think I'll just weigh myself on Sunday mornings..or else I'll be driving myself a little crazy with the daily up 'n' downs.:w00t:

I never weighed myself until my scale landed in my cart at Wal-Mart and it calls my name every single morning and night. I think if I could bring it to work and no one notice I would. I never weighed myself until I brought the dang thing into my house and now I can't get off it. I have not been banded but I know it is best to weigh only once a week. I will try....maybe next year...since I will be already losing weight.

Edited by Claudine1975
typo

I weight myself at the same time every morning, before I dress & before I eat or drink just to keep myself in check. It's not an obsession just a good way to monitor myself & to make sure I don't get off track. If the weight goes up I know to change my eating habits & make different choices. It's only been 6 mos. since the surgery and I'm still getting adjustments so I find a daily weigh-in helpful to me.:(

I weigh myself every two weeks. I would probably do it more if I had a scale that went past 400 lol oh well. Once I get below 400 I am sure I'll probably buy a scale lol

Edited by froggi1985

Every morning and once in a while right before I hop into bed for the evening. I hear some advise to do it and others advise against it - but it is something I have done all my life and have no wish to break out of it. I think it helps to keep me on track and informed about me. When I go away and there is not a scale available it is no big deal.......but once I get home it's right back on again............ 8-)

I weigh myself once a week, on Monday morning. I got my lapband on a Monday and I want to keep the consistency of weighing on Monday. Guess I am anal that way....LOL!!

Fran

I am a twice a day weigher. First thing in the morning after going potty, and right before bed. If I have fallen off the wagon and I ate something I am not supposed to eat, I will sometimes give up the evening weigh in.

I know, I am obsessed with the scale.

I am totally obsessed with the scale. I'd hop on it every 5 minutes if I could, and I need to stop that.

I have found, however, that the scale is often a big fat liar. It seems that my clothes will be sagging on me, but the scale will stay the same for days. Then one day, "Poof!" and I'm down like 6 pounds. I swear, it's fooling with my head.

I love all of these replies!

Yup, my scale jumped into my cart in Walmart as I was looking at air purifiers across the aisle. Cheeky little thing!!:thumbup:

Once a week~~~on Sundays, before breakfast...no more.....

I wonder how long I can keep this pledge?? :confused: