Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much did your lapband cost?

My surgery is on Monday the 25th and I am paying $15,000 here in Houston. That includes fills for the first year. To help ease pocket book I'm financing through Cosmetic Fee Plan which was offered through my DR. There is also a financing plan through Inamed which is also offered.

Alatina,

I am curious... At 1:42pm you are asking for where to go and a link, then at 9:48pm the SAME day you have an appointment with Dr. Kuri THIS wednesday. Dr. Kuri, I hear, is a fine surgeon and I think he is a great choice. But I hate to be the doubting Thomas but.... do you really think you did your homework on the surgeon or did price guide you? If this was all decided in one day, I think you may be rushing this. I am happy for you to be getting the band, but concerned your making a rush decision and not thinking clearly. I totally understand how all you can think about is "no fat no more, no fat no more, must get it done, must get it done..."

I hope I am totally wrong about all this and that you have been looking at Dr. Kuri and the band for many months and have decided to go with him. I am sorry to pry, it is just that it is concerning that you did all this in one day for less than a week away banding. How long have you researched the band? I know, I am so darn nosey but I am genuinely concerned. I hope you don't take offense.

I used a doctor in New Haven, CT. I think mine was around 17,000.00 includes free fills for life. My insurance company paid in full. If you want more info PM me.

Corgi

My insurance paid for my band. I did have to pay a $400 out of pocket surgery co-payment and $400 program fee. Plus my $15 copayments for Dr visits.

Patty

No I dont take offense at all-I have been waiting on my insurance to go thru with Dr Spiegel and it never did(after 7 months) so as time was going on I was getting annoyed so I have done research to know this is for me but you are totally right with the Dr Kuri part-I just did research online and such within 2 days,He had such a quick opening it is amazing.Thing is is I cant imagine why this cant be the right thing-Ive spent the last 15 yrs of my life very overweight and feel as if Ive just been existing not truely living-I used to go scuba diving every year or 2 with my friend in couzamel,go rock climbing etc....Now I get winded going up and down my home stair case!!!OMG!!!!Im 36 years old-this IS NOT going to be my life.Lapband is the thing for me-it has to be.I am 5'3 and 210 pounds-yipes!

I know what your talking about girl. I'm 5'3" and 235. I know your excited and want to get the ball rolling but, Princess is right. Research your Doctor very closely and find out their history and track record with the band proceedure. What state do you live in? Go to Obesityhelp.com and look your doctor up. I know nothing of Dr. Kuri but, I do know the importance of find the best possible Doctor.

Hey Joe! We've had a thread about low BMI folks getting the band. I'll bump it for you.

One think to keep in mind that one person's low BMI is another person's 100 pounds over their "ideal" weight. 300 pounds looks a lot different on your 5'18" frame :) than it does on a woman who is only 5'2"...

My band was 100% covered by insurance, including fills.

Alatina, I'm relieved to know you have researched the band for this many months, it does seem as if you are jumping into the fire so quickly!! But maybe not? If you were seeing any other doc besides Kuri, I might also be concerned. Having just seen him though, I am lots less worried for you, I know you will be fine with him. That's just my opinion, he's my band doc and I have been happy with my band placement, so there you go.

Glad you have done more homework than I thought you had! I hope next week goes really well for you.

Good, I am glad you spent time researching. I feel better now ha ha ha. Thanks for not taking offense, I didn't want to seem prying yet i wanted to know :)

Dr. Kuri seems to be an excellent surgeon and many bandsters here on LBT are very happy with him.

GOOD LUCK!! AND SOON IT WILL BE BANDLAND!!!