Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not suitable for LAP Banding? :(

Lottacash:

I am so happy to hear that your sister who was 56 when she was banded, has been so successful. This gives me hope, because more than one doctor has tried to steer me toward bypass instead of the band. The reason they have given me is my high BMI (50.2) and being a type 2 diabetic.

I feel I found the right surgeon for me and I will stick with him eventhough he is out-of-network for United Health care (he left after my initial visit).

He is requiring me to lose 20 lbs, which I feel I should be able todo quickly.

GG2007:

I was not put on pre-op diet prior to the first date for surgery, which I cancelled.:thumbs_down: He decided that he wants to see how focused I am, so he is requiring actually 25 lbs and I have already lost 5lbs. My BP was also very elevated so he wants to see that is under control.:(

I am not letting my age be a hinderance to the surgery, because I really want to be here when my only child gets married in the next 2 years. I also want to be around to play with any future grandchild(if my son's size 2 fiance will allowed herself to get pregnant.) :thumbup:

Hi!

Well done on the 5lbs loss! you are well on the way! Im glad to hear that you are not going to let your age get in the way.

You made me laugh about your son fiance, maybe the weight that you are loosing you can give it to her, she needs it more than you! :eek:

GG2007:

I was not put on pre-op diet prior to the first date for surgery, which I cancelled.:lol: He decided that he wants to see how focused I am, so he is requiring actually 25 lbs and I have already lost 5lbs. My BP was also very elevated so he wants to see that is under control.:sleep:

I am not letting my age be a hinderance to the surgery, because I really want to be here when my only child gets married in the next 2 years. I also want to be around to play with any future grandchild(if my son's size 2 fiance will allowed herself to get pregnant.) :confused:

This site has given me lots of hope. I see there are so many people who are my weight/BMI or higher who have had great success. :thumbup:

If my doctor puts up any more road blocks after I lose my 25 lbs, I will definitely be moving to another surgeon.

I am about to be banded on Aug 15 I started the process at 381lbs after pre op diet i am down to 349lbs but I am a excellent canidante for the lap band go to your dr or true results and they can in form you if it is right for you.:biggrin:

hey congrats on getting a date, and loosing so much weight pre op!! I did go to another surgeon and will be getting my op a month today.

wish you all the best xxx

I am about to be banded on Aug 15 I started the process at 381lbs after pre op diet i am down to 349lbs but I am a excellent canidante for the lap band go to your dr or true results and they can in form you if it is right for you.:biggrin: