Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

YSA moving to Salt Lake City

I am moving from Washington to SLC in a few weeks and I need some suggestions on a doctor to follow-up with. I have had my band since August and I am doing well, but I am worried about going down there and not having a doctor to follow up with in case of emergencies.

I am also looking for an apartment to rent. It is so frustrating trying to find a place, because thy all look nice on the internet, but then I hear that the area, management, etc is bad. Any suggestions? I am going to be working at Primary Childrens, so it would be nice to have less than a 30 min commute to work. I am also a 27 year old female living alone. I would like to live close to other young single adults who have high standards. Any help would really be appreciated.

Edited by TheLid

If you are looking at living in places with higher standards I would call any of the LDS Institutes of religion and ask if they have any rental postings on the bulliten board. Go to Institutes and click on utah and find the area you want, there will be phone #'s and they should be able to give you some info. Hope this helps!:biggrin2:

Thanks for the link. That is exactly what I was looking for. I'm not looking for a roommate, but I do want to be in an area that has a good singles ward. Hopefully the institute can give me some pointers.

Hello Lid

There are some really great singles wards in the area by the U and Primary Childrens. I used to work at Primary and I miss it there, congrats on your new job!

As far as good apartments or areas close to work, I would stick with the east side of the valley, Good areas to check on KSL.com classifieds under rentals: Sugarhouse, University, Millcreek, Avenues. You'll pay a little more, but if you want a reasonable commute to PCMC and a nice, safe neighborhood, I'd stay East. Of course, that's not to say there are not beautiful apartments and safe neighborhoods across town, but as an east side girl myself, that would be my suggestion.

I work at LDS hospital which is not far from PCMC, and I live in the area, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Also, my doctor for follow up is Daniel Cottam at SL Regional and I think hes awesome.

Good luck with your move!

Jill

I am moving from Washington to SLC in a few weeks and I need some suggestions on a doctor to follow-up with. I have had my band since August and I am doing well, but I am worried about going down there and not having a doctor to follow up with in case of emergencies.

I am also looking for an apartment to rent. It is so frustrating trying to find a place, because thy all look nice on the internet, but then I hear that the area, management, etc is bad. Any suggestions? I am going to be working at Primary Childrens, so it would be nice to have less than a 30 min commute to work. I am also a 27 year old female living alone. I would like to live close to other young single adults who have high standards. Any help would really be appreciated.

Just happened to see this old post of yours. We are about to move back to SLC and we will live once again in The Avenues -- a great -- and my fave -- neighborhood. Did you end up finding a good doc in SLC? I'm just beginning my journey with the lb and plan to attend a seminar after we move there in January.