Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah, that's why I think it's the go for DH. He has a shuffle, and no plan to upgrade.

When I saw them online, I thought they looked nifty, glad to hear that they indeed are.

chickie, zip me your nike+ user name and i'll add you to the challenge if you want....

great... just what i need, one more person to kick my ass...

Edited by losingjusme
too early to think....

You already added me last week LJM, its just taken me this long to actually do my first run!

You're a fair way ahead, I wouldn't count on me kicking your ass!

Fortunately I have a pretty substantial lead. And I get to start running again on Aug 7 so I guess I will be alright with more competition :)

I love my nike+. I think I would be lost without it now. I think sometimes it irks DH when we go for a walk because I will make him walk an extra block or 2 just so that I can hit the proper milage.

sorry ... it's early, i meant Chickie ... editing post now

Will do.

Ahhhh well now we really are going to get our asses kicked lol

Not bloody likely! The physio has me running 3x a week for no more than 3k till we have my back re-aligned and my knee stregthened. And I don't know how long that will take :)

Gah, I understand your frustration Chickie. I'm restricted to 2 x 6kms a week and a bike workout by my physio. I don't have access to a bike though....

Hopefully your physio can work wonders before its been months of treatment like I've had for my knees :) The joys of being a runner hey???

I am hopeful that he will let me run a little more than that after a month or so... But even at 3x 3k, I am still running.

That's right... you are all still running. I on the other hand have to be satisified with walking. I DESPISE walking. August 7th is not going to get here fast enough!!!

Mine is broken :thumbup:!!!!!!!!!!! WAHHHHHHH

In for repair. If it breaks again im getting a Garmin.

SALSA!: ITS OUR BANDAVERSERY this week!!!!!!!!!!!

Whosya yes it is. Yours is tomorrow! Mine will be on Saturday. I think I am going to break all rules and run a 5K that day as a celebration. I will be back in WA where I had the surgery done!

Argh, ran 15kms last Sunday and was struck by iliotibial band symptoms, had the classic pain in the side of my knee, couldnt walk downhill or down stairs, had to walk with my knee locked straight all day Monday. Tuesday much much better. Gonna cautiously try a run today. Right heel quite sore. Sigh.

I had just a hint of that same pain in the same leg when I did the run for the kids back in March, that was 14.2. I guess I'm lucky that as many problems as I have, knees generally arent one of them. It seems to happen only after a long distance, so I must get fatigued and my biomechanics suffer.

I seem to handle the 10k or less distance fine but every single time I think I'm going to do that half and increase the mileage (and it wasnt sudden, I've been building gradually every week) my body just protests. Perhaps I just have too many inherent problems to run such a long distance, and should settle on 10K as "my" distance. Perhaps I could work on getting it down to a sub 50!

At any rate I'm going to leave it 2 weeks before I try another really long run. I'd feel so stupid if I ended up not being able to run at all!

I need new shoes too, Ive had mine for 8 months, run about 800kms in them. But they're so freaking expensive, I just dont have the $200 this month!

Jacqui I just bought a book that is written by a running professor (yes that is a true position) from the University of Oregon. He firmly believes that unless you are a super-elite runner (top 5% of runners in the world) that you should not try to run LONG distances without walking parts of it. He said that is the major reason for injuries. Our bodies were not designed to run for huge distances day after day. So he suggests that you should run no more than a 10K before walking parts. I am going to try this during training. He believes that when running in a race it is alright to run the full distance because it is a one time thing that you don't do often. But during training we put so much pressure on our bodies that we have to give them a break in the middle of the run.

I am going to try and do this when I start training for the marathon. If you want I could post his suggestions for the half-marathon training schedule.

Sorry to hear about the knee. Take it easy. I was going to run tonight but my tummy is kind of sore so I am going to back off for the day and run tomorrow morning...that is if I can sleep tonight and get up before it gets too hot out.