Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its frustrating coz its always there, you know. Its not strong enough that I need to rely on medication or anything like that, its just there, and when I overstep the mark by running too many days in a row or doing too many longer runs in a week it gets really sore which has prevented me doing the half.

Wow that sounds painful! Yikes. I did want to let you know that when I was training for the half I didn't do a lot of long runs. I would do 1 per week. I would run about 4-5 days a week (but you are much more advanced than I was). Anyways...I would run 10-12 miles on Sunday and then the rest of my runnings days would just be a 5K. That is the nice thing about the half-marathon is that you don't have to do so many long runs in a week.

I didn't do half bad on my half-marathon. The official results are still not posted but according to my nike+ I was at 2:41:11 and that is with forgetting to stop it...and with some pretty major injuries. The swelling near my achilles tendon has gone down significantly thanks to a lot of icing and some VERY chilly ice baths. But now I have a spot on the opposite foot that I fear is a stress fracture. It is VERY localized unlike the tendonitis that I had earlier on. Thankfully with the upcoming surgery I have no choice but to rest!

As for running clothes, I am going to have to invest in something after surgery. Right now I have a running skirt that I love, but I too am a cheapo and the ones that they sell at wal-mart are too big in the legs and I get major chaffing. There is no way that I am going to be able to spend that kind of money on running pants though...not after dropping 17000 on my lap band surgery and 10000 on PS. I think cheapo and chaffing are here to stay for a while!:thumbup:

Karri you rocked that half marathon! I'm so proud of you! Can't wait til I get to do one, but the proper running season here doesn't start til Feb/March so I've got a little while to wait.

You can usually find running tights on ebay a bit cheaper. If you can try them on in a store and then find the style on ebay, you'll probably save $10-$15 on a $60 pair. I spend much too much time on ebay looking at running related stuff.....

Yeah I am sort of frightened of ebay! I have never purchased anything except text books from there, but I think I could spend WAAAAAAAY too much money. Fortunately I have a good 2 months before I am going to be doing much running. I may get to do some walking/jogging by the end of august, but the PS had me suspend gym priviledges until mid september. So...we will see. But I will definetly check them out when it comes time. I will be training for a marathon in May here, which is a good time for us. Still cool...not freaking HOT like it was yesterday. But where I live the winter season is BRUTALLY cold...so I will need something to keep me warm when I am training. I will most likely have to do most of my training in the gym, but I am hoping to still be able to get outside when there isn't a layer of ice on the ground!

By the way...thanks for the compliments on the run. I too am very proud of myself. Now...If I could just sleep! It is 2AM here!

Its a great feelingof accomplishment, isnt it?

When I go up to the Goldcoast on Friday, I'm still tempted to change to the half marathon when I pick up my race kit and just run as far as I can. I've actually got little doubt that I could run it, I'm just a little afraid of what you've found Salsa, injuries, lol!

I've been for a run in my new tights, SO much more comfortable. Definitely worth the money even to buy one pair and wash them every single time you run, lol.

I've found hand washing the newest pair I have every other wash has made them last a bit longer that the first pair I bought that I just chucked in the wash. Mine are that stretchy shiny lyrca sort of stuff and the stretch in it gives out after a while.

Thanks for the invite She. I finally got my backside here.

I have a house full of kids at the moment, so I will read the thread when I get some quiet time.

Well, I just got back from the goldcoast and doing my 10k. I had an awesome weekend, I was with my sister who lives in Sydney and her running group which was the biggest group of gay men and drag queens, we had an absolute hoot, and mum and dad were at Tallebudgera where they go for a few months every winter. four glorious days with NO kids, sigh. Got back in at 2.30 am this morning, yawn.

Anyway, I did an hour and one minute which is a PB by some five minutes, but I was hoping to crack the hour and would have if I hadnt seen mum and dad at the turn around point and stopped.

The running group also has three older ladies of 59, 65 and 79 who all did the half and two almost fifty year old ladies who did the marathon.

I am SO joining a training group and doing the half in the melbourne marathon in October!

Yay, the photos are in. Here's the link

Marathon-Photos.com ALWAYS FIRST IN RACE PHOTOGRAPHY

Darnit, would you believe I missed Pamela Anderson's arrival on the goldcoast by about 3 days :lol:

Now I need to adjust to running in the cold and rain! It'd freeze your tits off in Melbourne at the moment. Was looking at a parka thing in Snowgum, it was really fitted (dont like running in baggy clothes) but at $179 Im worried that it will be too hot and a waste of money.

Oooh whosya I can't wait for my sportband to arrive!!!

And Jacqui GREAT job on the 10km, 61 minutes is AWESOME!

I have a lightweight adidas wind proof jacket I wear which has mesh down the sides so it breathes a bit, I think I paid $90 for it. I wear a long sleeved nike running shirt underneath and by time I'm done with 6kms I'm pretty warm but not hot and it definitely blocks that horrible wind chill. Its just enough for the 3-5ish degree celcius weather it normally is when I get out for my runs. Winter sucks for running!!!!

I've got another 10k on the 27th, I'm pretty sure I can come in under an hour. I really find a problem with fuelling myself for running with a lapband.

I really probably need to ditch the weight loss mentality now and realise that I'm in maintenance and dont need to lose anymore. I could probably have a bit of fill out so I can eat more bread and things like that. As it is I invested in some Endura and some gels, and that REALLY makes a difference (forgot to take them to the goldcoast, der). If I dont hit the wall at about 7ks or so which I tend to do and then slow down markedly, I'm sure I can come in at 50 something minutes.

Doing the half is really going to take some fancy footwork nutritionwise.

I've got another 10k on the 27th, I'm pretty sure I can come in under an hour. I really find a problem with fuelling myself for running with a lapband.

I really probably need to ditch the weight loss mentality now and realise that I'm in maintenance and dont need to lose anymore. I could probably have a bit of fill out so I can eat more bread and things like that. As it is I invested in some Endura and some gels, and that REALLY makes a difference (forgot to take them to the goldcoast, der). If I dont hit the wall at about 7ks or so which I tend to do and then slow down markedly, I'm sure I can come in at 50 something minutes.

Doing the half is really going to take some fancy footwork nutritionwise.

Oh I feel your pain on that one. I am pretty anal about what foods I eat so I refuse to eat any crap food. That being said they wanted my weight to plateau before my TT so I kept having to up, up, up the damn calories before my half. You can eat a LOT of food for 1800 calories. Fortunately I was unfilled for most of my training but I kept losing weight. I would always eat a PowerBar right before my runs and it seemed to be alright. I think I probably should have had some sport Beans (I can't handle the gel) on my half...but alas I didn't. I am not in the weight loss mentality right now, but I am certainly in the "please don't let me gain a single ounce" mentality. Good luck in finding something that works...I certainly could use some advice for when I get back to running.

I WANNA RUN!!!!!! Put...ooooohhhh...it would HURT like hell right now! Seriously never thought I would miss exercise!