Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Jazzy Junes 2008...What do you do? Where are you from?

Wow!!! This is totally cool. It's nice to know that we can lean on each other and when the little hiccups occur, chances are, someone else has gone thru it and can advise. I'm psyched!

To all my fellow educators and new friends Hello!!!! My name is Lisa and I live in Westchester County, New York. I am 46 years old. I have a very sweet and loving husband who I have been married to for almost 17 yrs. and 3 beautiful teenagers (Daughter 16.5 yrs old and getting banded on 7/8, 2 sons almost 15 & 14). My life has been a very crazy one since having my 3 kids close in age. Of course not taking time out for me the weight just kept on creeping up. Well in less than a week I will start my new life. I am very anxious due the the fact that I am leaving my classroom for the week (hopefully). I am a 5th grade teacher that is in the middle of hatching 30 duck eggs tomorrow and Thursday. This project is giving alot of anxiety besides my surgery on 6/3. I feel I am spreading myself too thin. But I know that this is the right thing for me to do at this point. If I waited to the end of the month than my daughter would hve had her surgery and that would be too much for me to handle. Right when school lets out I will be running a 1/2 day camp for the town. I can at least say that my principal is very supported with the time i am taking off. She told me that I have been an influence to her since she thought about getting banded a year ago. Now after being sick for a week with HP HCHL, she is now moving forward and she would like to be done in August. I am happy to be and inspiration to her. Besides my daughter having it done I will have th support at work! Good Luck and my prayers are with all the JUNIES!

HOOAH!! as im sure you can guess, im an ARMY WIFE. My husband and I have been married for almost 4 years and been together for almost 6. We have a soon to be 3 year old(june16th). We are stationed in Schweinfurt Germany since Nov. 2005. My husband was deployed to Iraq in 2006 for 15mths, i gained alot of weight. He is going to do some field exercises for 45 day starting in July, so i would like to be slimmer when he gets back. My band date is June 27th. My ultimate goal is to redo his deployment homecoming. The first deployment he came back to a way chunky wife, this next deployment I want him to come home to a slim sexy one. My trial run will be the 45 day field training LOL....but ultimately I want to lose the weight so i can enjoy my time with our son. My husbands Job puts him in harms way. He does what he does to serve our country. I have no good excuse for being fat. I want to make sure i do everything i can to make sure i dont shorten my life span. And being overweight is just taking years off my life. I love this forum, every one of you inspires me. thank you

Hi, fellow June Bandsters! I'm Kathy, 41, from Northern VA. My Dh and I will be married 21 years this July. We have 2 awesome teenage boys. I do accounting for a CPA firm. My Dh is currently active duty and we are looking to retire in the next 5 years or so. I am so excited to get started losing. My family is wonderful, my job is great, my weight not so much. I can't wait to start living life to its fullest again!!!

HOOAH!! as im sure you can guess, im an ARMY WIFE. My husband and I have been married for almost 4 years and been together for almost 6. We have a soon to be 3 year old(june16th). We are stationed in Schweinfurt Germany since Nov. 2005. My husband was deployed to Iraq in 2006 for 15mths, i gained alot of weight. He is going to do some field exercises for 45 day starting in July, so i would like to be slimmer when he gets back. My band date is June 27th. My ultimate goal is to redo his deployment homecoming. The first deployment he came back to a way chunky wife, this next deployment I want him to come home to a slim sexy one. My trial run will be the 45 day field training LOL....but ultimately I want to lose the weight so i can enjoy my time with our son. My husbands Job puts him in harms way. He does what he does to serve our country. I have no good excuse for being fat. I want to make sure i do everything i can to make sure i dont shorten my life span. And being overweight is just taking years off my life. I love this forum, every one of you inspires me. thank you

Hey Army Wife...don't sell yourself short. The support you give your husband is immeasurable. Take it from an Army Mom...No one, except another Army Wife, can know how difficult it is to have a husband deployed and be caring for a young son. The constant worry and stress is enough to make anyone overweight. Thank you for your service in support of our fighting soldiers and thank you to your husband for selflessly defending our nation. You Rock Sista! You can do it!

ok...Got some news from the Dr. Front. The doctor postponed my surgery from the 12th to the 19th due to...jury duty. I was not a happy camper because it's added an extra trip for me, so in all I'll be driving about 1800 miles in June. A little bummed, but I can do this, so I just have to be patient...for another week.

I will get it started. I am from Minnesota. My husband and I farm and have a drainage tile business. I had my own business for many years but sold to take some of the stress out of our lives. There are days I would love to head to town to work but then I just have to think about how nice it is to not have to jump in my car every morning to go to work.

Anyone else want to share????????:wink2:

Hi there!

I am Tonya, from IL...

my scheduled date is June 27 with the pre-op starting on June 13th.

I was told yesteray that i can start exercising and getting prepared!

I am so excited to be starting this new chapter!!!

Hi everyone!

My name is Daniela and I live in NW GA (by the TN state line). I'm a computer programmer for a huge insurance company. I've been married to my husband for just over 5 years and I have an 11 year old son.

My surgery was suppose to be yesterday, but it got cancelled due to a stupid sinus infection. My white blood count was too high. :lol:

My new date is June 30th, unless they have a cancellation earlier. I'm very excited to get this done so I can have my life back. I'm a very happy-go-lucky, confident kind of person and I really want my outside to match my inside again!

Good luck to all of you!!! :biggrin:

Hello Everyone,

I am also from Texas, Houston to be exact. I am 37 and live in the Heights area of town. I am a corporate meeting planner at a hotel in the Galleria area. I have a fantastic husband of 8 years and we have 2 kids, both bassett hounds. :lol:

I have stuggled with my weight all my life and have done every diet out there. I have researched the surgery for 2 years but finally made up my mind 2 weeks ago to get banded. My surgery date is June 11 and I cannot wait. My doc is Dr. Hollis at True Results.

I am really interested if there are any Houston support groups????

I would love to be a part of one.

I know its going to be a long battle but I try to take it all day by day.

Good luck to everyone.

Hi everyone!

My name is Daniela and I live in NW GA (by the TN state line). I'm a computer programmer for a huge insurance company. I've been married to my husband for just over 5 years and I have an 11 year old son.

My surgery was suppose to be yesterday, but it got cancelled due to a stupid sinus infection. My white blood count was too high. :lol:

My new date is June 30th, unless they have a cancellation earlier. I'm very excited to get this done so I can have my life back. I'm a very happy-go-lucky, confident kind of person and I really want my outside to match my inside again!

Good luck to all of you!!! :biggrin:

Hey Daniela - sorry your date got moved...but we now have the same surgery date!! Whoo hoo!!! The waiting is the hardest part! I'm ready for it to be here so I can move on to the next part of my life!!

Looking foward to reading all the Jazzy June updates between now and the 30th!!! Yeah us!! ~ Tai

You are so right about the waiting!!! I was all ready and hiped up. I'm trying to look at it as you never know what it's good for. I'm sure there's a reason all this happened.

We can support each other while we wait!!

Hello Everyone,

I am also from Texas, Houston to be exact. I am 37 and live in the Heights area of town. I am a corporate meeting planner at a hotel in the Galleria area. I have a fantastic husband of 8 years and we have 2 kids, both bassett hounds. :thumbup:

I have stuggled with my weight all my life and have done every diet out there. I have researched the surgery for 2 years but finally made up my mind 2 weeks ago to get banded. My surgery date is June 11 and I cannot wait. My doc is Dr. Hollis at True Results.

I am really interested if there are any Houston support groups????

I would love to be a part of one.

I know its going to be a long battle but I try to take it all day by day.

Good luck to everyone.

Hello from another Houstonian! I know Methodist Weight Management does a monthly one, I will send you details. It would be great to get together as there seems to be a bunch of Houston people. No one but someone who is going through this lap-band thing really gets it. And I think the mental part is even harder.

Oh and Bassett hounds :tt2: Gorgeous! You might get from my name what my furry children are.

Daniml - I had my pre-op today and am paranoid because my nose have been running. Amongst other things. Between an EKG, a chest xray, blood work and higher than normal BP I am totally paranoid. I want this DONE so I can get on with the rest of my life.

I'm from Central NJ and a secretary. Had an appointment with my general practioner yesturday. The doctor said he was all for this!! Whoo-Hoo!! He said he'd write the letters for the insurance company and fax them to the surgeons office. Sooo, I'm getting closer!! I probably won't be a Jazzy Juner but I still wish everyone the best of luck and great results.

graythope, I hope your labs come back clean! I totally understanding wanting to get on with it!!!