Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update requested from May bandsters.. May 11th, 12th, etc....

I WAS BANDED ON MAY 14TH AND I AM SO GLAD I FOUND AND JOIN THIS GROUP! FOR ONE THING I NOW KNOW THE THUNDER I HEAR I MY STOMACH IS NORMAL...LOL AND SECONDLY I HAVE PEOPLE TO SHARE MY SUCCESS WITH! I HAVE THE REALIZE BAND (DOES ANYONE ELSE) THEY ALSO HAVE SUPPORT ONLINE BUT I NEED A CODE FROM MY DOCTOR WHICH I HAVEN'T RECEIVED YET.

I AM ABLE TO DO EVERYTHING EXCEPT PICK MY DAUGHTER UP :woot:. I HAVE TO HAVE SOMEONE PASS HER TO ME..WHICH KINDA SUCKS BUT IT WILL GET BETTER.

WELL I AM A POST-AHOLIC SO YOU WILL BE HEARING ALOT FROM ME!

I Had "buyers Remorse" Also While I Was In The Hospital. But Like You I Realized It Is The Second Best Thing I Ever Did, The First Being My Lil Diva!

May 13 was my day. I am down 20 from the start of the preop diet. My abdomen is swollen and "tight" and sore..to be expected. I have a bit of fever--99something that I hear is normal. Since my doc does not have me on any Protein until May 28, I am weak and hungry. But I'll survive...my body can live off "the fat of the land" until then.

It's unusual to feel hungry--I never stopped eating long enough before to get hungry!

Still glad I did it. Just waiting to feel peppy again. How long does that take?

May 13 was my day. I am down 20 from the start of the preop diet. My abdomen is swollen and "tight" and sore..to be expected. I have a bit of fever--99something that I hear is normal. Since my doc does not have me on any Protein until May 28, I am weak and hungry. But I'll survive...my body can live off "the fat of the land" until then.

It's unusual to feel hungry--I never stopped eating long enough before to get hungry!

Still glad I did it. Just waiting to feel peppy again. How long does that take?

Why does your doc. not have you on any Protein? What are you drinking? Just wondering beceause my doc is pushing protein and I had my surgery on the 12th. I have to drink 3 Protein drinks a day if I don't get anything else in. I wish you well!! I would think you will get some energy back after you start full liquids with includes protein. Keep us posted!!!!

Hi! Banded on the 12th doing great! I think I'm one of the lucky ones. I was up walking 3 hours after surgery. My belly was swollen from gas but I got all that out the next day. I was very surprised I had no stitches on the outside. My husband said I look like I was stabbed 5 little times.LOL!

Good question, Holly! He said I didn't need it right now. I have 3 "meals" a day that can include Clear liquids that have some calories--broth, gatorade, clear fruit juice (light sugar), Powerade, propel, sf popsicles, sf Jello. And in between, non caloric drinks--Water, tea, and crystal light.

In 11 days--to full liquids, including Optifast, low carb Protein drinks, low carb yogurt, thin cream of wheat and egg drop Soup.

This doc is tough, but gets good results. I started at 217 on April 28 and am at 197 19 days later. I'll survive, but if you hear a loud "YAY-FINALLY!" coming from the Southeast of the US in 11 days, it's me.

Good question, Holly! He said I didn't need it right now. I have 3 "meals" a day that can include Clear Liquids that have some calories--broth, gatorade, clear fruit juice (light sugar), Powerade, propel, sf popsicles, sf Jello. And in between, non caloric drinks--Water, tea, and crystal light.

In 11 days--to full liquids, including Optifast, low carb Protein drinks, low carb yogurt, thin cream of wheat and egg drop Soup.< /p>

This doc is tough, but gets good results. I started at 217 on April 28 and am at 197 19 days later. I'll survive, but if you hear a loud "YAY-FINALLY!" coming from the Southeast of the US in 11 days, it's me.

Good luck....I am praying for you....I am sure you be great!!!!! :woot:

Hi everyone. I got my Realize band on May 12th.

I arrived at 6 am. Im not sure what time I went back. I think around 8. I was in my room by 10. I was given Jello, tea, Water and broth. I had a lot of shoulder pain. I was on a morphine pump that didnt help much. I was walking around a few hours later.

I went home the next day after having my barium swallow.

Recovery has been great. I am sore and bruised but other wise doing great.

I was banded on the 12th, and i woke up to 2 nurses too busy talking about their weekend to reply to my overly-dramatic cries of "heelllppp mmeeee" Then they wheeled me to my room and said "switch beds" I thought they were kidding, I felt as if i'd just been attacked by freddy krueger but i did, don't remember much else of the past week the pain was really bad and I slept ALOT. I called the doc last night and he said if I have no fever and I can hol down fluids its normal pain. I have a pretty high threshold for pain and I can't help but think something is not right. I told my husband last night I made a terrible mistake and I want this thing out of me. Today I'm feeling human for the first time and my pants are all pretty big, so that will keep me going

Edited by Cristi

I was banded on the 13th I was at the surgical center at 6:45 filled out my paper work and handed over my check and said goodbye to my husband. I went in the back with the nurse who let me change into my gown and then put me in bed. She put in my IV, gave me a heprin shot in my stomach and let me cry on her shoulder I was so nervous. Turns out she was a bander and had lost over 100lbs. She really calmed me down. She then gave me something to drinks that tasted like liquid sour patch kids that candy you get at the movies. Then the anetesiologist(?) came in and said hello then they walked me into the surgical room. Last I remembered was saying I guess you gave me something to calm my nerves. When I woke up I was in recovery and asking for ice. I had trouble waking up I keep dozing off Actually 2 other women who had surgery after me left before me. Finally at about 1 I told them to get me up so they said they would walk me to x-ray. When I got there I was so sick to my stomach I threw up. They took an x-ray and everything was in place so they took me back sat me in a chair for about 20 minutes and sent me home. I did find out from the doc at discharge that I had a hernia at my belly button which he repaired. I slept most of the first 2 days because I needed the tylenol with codeine. I am 4 days post op and still in pain I feel a ripping pain at the port site every time I try and get up or move in a certain way. It has lessened a bit today and I was having the same thing at the hernia site but that was gone today. I am doing clear liquids and tolerating them well and doing Protein Drinks but feel week from only having clear liquids. I am tryinng to stay positive and I have lost 7 pounds as of this am.

NY2LAGirl They sent you home the day of?? thats crazy to me. I too was there at 6 am on monday and I couldn't leave till 6 p.m on tuesday they forced me to walk and I have been on 7.5 Vicodin with no pain relief--you know I really thought I had an alli in you, very disappointing!lol lol just take comfort in the fact that it could be worse p.S does it feel like a middle aged man is sitting on your sternum at all times-I was'nt this bloated at 9 months pregnant

Yeah same day I had it done at JourneyLite which is a surgical center and I guess as a cash pay no over nite allowed. I was so bloated I thought I was filled with helium and that damn shoulder pain!!!!!! I has been sucking down gas-ex.

Hi everyone,

I'm May 12th, My pain is pretty much gone now. But man.... if I have any more gas I would go crazy! I lost my voice for about 3 days after the surgery. Now my voice is back but my throat is still killing me.

my post-Op appt is June 3rd. My doctor wants to be stay on Protein shake until then. I can't wait to see my doc. I've been walking a lot, about 2 hours a day (2-2.5 miles a day). Now my problem is that I'm actually gaining about 1/2 a pound a day. I'm hoping it's muscle gain. My nurse said not to worry though.

Ok this is how it all started.. I got up yesterday morning to take my son to school, & as i was coming down the street I saw the limo in the drive way. 7am how cool was that. When I arrived I had to fill out some papers and just waited on them to come and get me. I went to change into my fab gown and slippers... i was allowed to watch tv until my surgeon was finished when the patient before me. My surgeon came and talked to me and I asked him what size the band was going to be and he said 10cc and it comes with a fill already....hmm cool... The anstiologist was cute and buff..lol.. he was really quick and it didn't hurt at all. I used the restroom one last time, then i went into the O.R. I felt a little buzz then i woke up in the recovery room.. My surgeon came in to make sure i was ok. I asked him how did everything go and he said perfect. I was like really he said yes mamm u were a model patient... WOW<<< How cool was that.. I have 3 holes and my port. One thing i can say is the gas pains and the pain over all was like wowwww..... I had to call them today to let them know that i needed more med's and they gave me the goe ahead...Now i'm just resting and when i say I am not thinking about food... no damn joke... I don't want to see it or smell it. When my son came in with his food i got sick to the stomach... wow....

Good to hear your surgery went well. Hope you feel better soon. :thumbdown:

Yes it went well, but let me tell u I ain't no punk but this sugery knocked me on my azz.. Wednesday was the last day i ate anything, and saturday was the first day i was able to stomach a popcicle. The freekin pain meds made me sick as hell & they only prescribed my 6 nausea pills... wow... but I can say is that everyday I got better. Today being sunday it is far better than the past few days. I have no idea why i thought i would be skipping thru the damn park picking flowers with my son. This is some major stuff here and u will need time to recover and heal.... all is well though...