Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update requested from May bandsters.. May 11th, 12th, etc....

I was banded May 13th. We arrrived at the hospital at 5:30 am but I did not have my surgery until about 1:30 pm. The wait was frustrating and very trying on my nerves. I have been sore since day 1 but every day I feel a little bit better. It has been nice getting in the extra sleep since I was given time off work. The rest has allowed me to focus on exercise and I am now up to about 6 miles per day. I usually do 4 miles in the morning come home take a nap and then do 2 miles more in the afternoon. Sometimes I have to stop for a minute as a pain will catch me off guard. I am glad that I did this but I am also glad I didn't know ahead of time how much it would hurt. Also, I am sometimes overwhelmed by the amount of commitment this is taking. I am also terrified of failing. This is the best thing that I have ever done for myself. Hopefully it will be the begginning of doing many more nice things for me. :confused_smile:

I was banded May 13th. We arrrived at the hospital at 5:30 am but I did not have my surgery until about 1:30 pm. The wait was frustrating and very trying on my nerves. I have been sore since day 1 but every day I feel a little bit better. It has been nice getting in the extra sleep since I was given time off work. The rest has allowed me to focus on exercise and I am now up to about 6 miles per day. I usually do 4 miles in the morning come home take a nap and then do 2 miles more in the afternoon. Sometimes I have to stop for a minute as a pain will catch me off guard. I am glad that I did this but I am also glad I didn't know ahead of time how much it would hurt. Also, I am sometimes overwhelmed by the amount of commitment this is taking. I am also terrified of failing. This is the best thing that I have ever done for myself. Hopefully it will be the begginning of doing many more nice things for me. :blushing:

Wow... u are working out already.... thats what im talking about.. i'm going to start going bk to the gym on monday....

My surgery was on May 13. No complications during surgery or after surgery. Woke up with no problem after surgery. No nausea. I was on liquid pain meds for 7 days post-op, then took tylenol for 1 day, and now using no meds at all.

I have a little pain at the port site, but not too bad.

I am currently on full liquids. I found some good creamy type Soups at Trader Joes (Butternut Squash and Corn are great).

I am taking Protein shakes- about 40 grams total per the doctors orders. My total calorie intake is about 600-700.

I have lost 2 pounds since the surgery on the 13th, and 7 pounds pre-op.

My surgery was on May 7th. I had some complications. I had pleural Fluid around my lungs that made it hard to breathe (and VERY painful) for a few days. High fever, the whole shebang. Now I am feeling great and have already lost 15+ pounds.

So glad I did it.

Hi, Just seeing how you are doing. I was banded on May 13th and am almost back to normal. I returned to work in 6 days and even went out dancing last night. I couldn't dance as much as I normally do, but I got a little dancing in. I am on mush this week and can't wait to eat some normal food. I am down 14 lbs since surgery. How are you doing?

Also a May 13 bander. Finally got on Full Liquids--just had some cream of wheat. You'd think I had a steak; I was so happy. Today was the first day I went up 1/2 lb. I'm just not going to fret about it, still down 25.

Have a great weekend everyone--remember those vets!

OMG jbflorida 25lbs!!!!! How in Gods name are you doing that? I am only down 9. I am so ready for mushies Monday is my day! And my first thing planned is cream of wheat one of my pre-band favorites!

Keep up the great work!

I was banded on May 20th also. I am still sore but getting better everyday. My only complaint is that I have this gas pain in my chest that sometimes makes it hard for me to breathe, does anyone else feel that.

I was banded May 15th and had my post-op visit yesterday. I had actually gained 1.5 lbs. since surgery. The nurse said that is fairly common, but I was surprised. I know I wasn't getting more than 500-700 calories a day on full liquids for a week. I'm also having quite a bit of pain at my port site. The doctor explained that they have to scrape fat off the stomach muscle before they sew the port into it, and the pain is normal. I'm also very bruised with a huge purple bruise all around the port site. Not everyone gets that but it's not uncommon either. He advised I walk more to help break up the Fluid accumulation.

So all in all it wasn't everything I hoped for from my post-op visit but it's all part of the process. The good news is that I have a date for my first fill -- June 12th.

I'm on mushies now. Just had some cottage cheese and peaches for Breakfast... yum!

Thanks NY2LA--I was on Optifast and Clear Liquids for 2 weeks preop--lost 13 there. After surgery, I was on Clear Liquids only--about 100 calories a day. I was supposed to be on that for 2 weeks, but I called the doc and talked about how weak I was, etc. So on to full liquids 3 days early! YAY! I won't get a fill for at least 2 weeks, so I have to be careful not to "overdo" the puddings and oatmeal and Soups.

Good luck to you!