Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Stacey, Are you using the Barix Clinic? I did and I had a great experience. Clear liquid are easy, broth, Water, juices anything you can see thru. Good luck with your surgery.

Jackie

Hey All!

I am being banded June 10th in Yipsi. Kinda scared and have no idea what the clear liquid diet is,...any tips?

Thanks!!!

Stacey

:biggrin:

Not everyone is given a liquid diet pre-op. I was told it is determined by the surgeon when he examines you. I think if he feels you have a fatty liver they put you on it to shrink the liver and make the surgery easier.

I was put on a "full liquid" diet which included Protein drinks, juices (diluted 50% with water), tea, coffee, sugar/fat free Jello, sugar/fat free popsicles, broths, cream Soups, skim milk, sugar/fat free pudding. I drank two Protein shakes a day, and the quantity was not limited before surgery. Plus the dietician said up until four days before surgery I could have a small amount of lean Protein (I had two unbreaded chicken tenders or two hard cooked eggs) which I used in the evening when I tended to overeat the most. I knew I would be hungry some of the time, but work is so busy that I didn't have time to dwell on it. Then I ended up an extra week on the diet because I caught a cold and they delayed the surgery a week. The closest I came to cheating was a couple shelled peanuts (not roasted or salted) that I ate while walking in the park for exercise (I carried peanuts for the squirrels). I managed to lose 35 pounds before surgery and the rest since. I was on liquids for two weeks after surgery, then mushies for two weeks, and now regular food. It is trial an error now because some foods get stuck and others don't.

I would check with the surgeon's office and/or the dietician to see if you should do the liquids and what you can have. Hope this helped.

Everone here is so nice! Yes Barix in Yipsi with Dr. Schram. I do not have to be on liquid diet before, only after. I am so excited! And nervous~hoping I am not in too much pain after the actual surgery.

Can't wait to start my new life!

Stacey

The day before surgery you can't eat anything except Clear Liquids and you have to take laxatives. This goes for any surgery you would have on you digestive system. I felt pretty good after surgery, only problem was the gas from the surgery. They give you liquid pain killer which I took to relieve the pressure of the gas. It helped alot. I had a c-section birth before and this is no problem compared to that. I went back to work on the 7th day after surgery, a bit uncomfortable, but fine for the most part. Dr. Schram was very quick, I was in and out of surgery in less than 45 minutes. My sister didn't even have time to start reading a magazine before he came out and told her I was in recover and everything went fine. I am on my 3rd fill and starting to lose faster now. Congrats on your surgery date.

J-

Hi Stacey

and welcome to LBT. What part of the Michigan Countryside are you from? I live in Livingston County. I was banded in July in Tijuana by Dr. Ortiz. Clear liquid is Water, Protein water, clear broth or fruit juice. A little advice on the fruit juice. we were told by the nutritionist to mix it half and half with water, otherwise diarhea. Well, since I have the opposite problem, I didn't dilute it and yes......diarhea.

Good luck

For the peoplein Michigan, ticker factory.com is where you want to go to get your ticker. The first thing you will see once you click on is the front page and click on for weight loss. Then go ahead and select your ticker ruler if you don't like what you see hit the next button and more rulers will appear now select your ticker slighter browse through the pages below by hitting next and pick your design. Now comes set up, fill all the information in, then go to next. Your ticker is now done, now you have to make it work you will see a bb code click in that box right-click and hit select all and while it is all highlighted hit copy. Now opening your lapband talk windows, you did it! you now have a ticker press save signature hit the upload button on preview signature and the ticker will come up then press save signature. With that information you should have your new ticker. Good luck, hope you enjoy it!!

Shirley...

Edited by sstasevich

Hey Stacie, I just had my surgery last week and I'm going for my first pre-opp. today.. I've lost 22lbs and loving it, wanting more... I want you to know that the clear liquid was the hardest thing I ever had to do... especially having kids to take care of, too. But if I can do it any body can... You will think you are going crazy on about the 4th day of no food, then the weight just starts falling off. Get a st of scales and do not weight every day, but every couple of days and you will see the results... Remember... "ITs not forever and I Can Do This"

Nothing tastes as good as Loosing Weight Feels...

Go on walks, chew sugar free gum, add the sugar free cool aid/crystal light, to the Water and Pray...

Think of all the weight you'll loose by next year...

I just found this talk forum, today and wished I had it last week, but maybe with everyone's advise, We all can do this... msmom

How did everything go with the surgery? Are you feeling better now? Did you have a good experience at the hospital?

Hey Everyone!

I am 2 1/2 weeks out of my banding. The actual surgery went fine. Before that when Dr. Schram talked to me right before the surgery, he didn't know who I was and got the wrong procedure. He thought I was having gastric bypass :lol:...........I almost got off the gurney and left. I was very upset. :) Anyway I did get banded and he said everything went well. I was very sick afterward and had to stay an extra day and night. I went through the "what did I do to myself" stage and totally regretted what I did. It was a good thing Dr. Schram didn't come in during my really sick period because I would have made him take it out. After I was released I had a 4 hour drive home and that was torture.

But,...I feel MUCH better and I am down #25. The FL stage was not bad at all. I made sure I had a variety of stuff to drink. Soup really satisfies me. For exercise, my driveway is almost a mile long and I try to walk it at least 2-4 times a day. (It is very hard because I have a MCL tear in my knee) I am going to start swimming now as I just had my checkup yesterday. I am now in the puree and some soft foods stage. I am really glad I had it done. So far so good!

Hey does anyone have some good ideas for puree and soft foods?

Thanks again for all your support!

Stacey

weight.png