Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OUCH! Second Fill Disaster!

OUCH! Second Fill DISASTER!!!!

So... I have been waiting for my second fill very patiently. I was banded in December and didn't get me second fill till now. I noticed that my portions have been gradually growing bigger and bigger so this was much needed. I only had 2cc in my 10cc band.

So I go yesterday and have my fill at 3;30pm. I drink Water at the office and everything seems like a go. Mind you my Doc and hospital are both well over an hour away from my house.

At home around 7:30ish.... I have a drink and it won't go down. In fact, I start throwing it up. Well, I threw up about 10x through the night. Very hard, whole body puking!! Anytime I would try to sip water or anything, it would happen again!

Around 5am it started turning to blood so off to the emergency room I went!

Turns out, my stoma swelled in reaction to the tightening of the fill and closed the hole up completely! They had to remove my 2cc's that we added and put me back to "normal!"

this sucks,,,, I am back at square one, but I am feeling much better! Thought I was going to die!!!! OOOOOUUUUCCCCHHHH!:thumbup:

OUCH! Second Fill DISASTER!!!!

So... I have been waiting for my second fill very patiently. I was banded in December and didn't get me second fill till now. I noticed that my portions have been gradually growing bigger and bigger so this was much needed. I only had 2cc in my 10cc band.

So I go yesterday and have my fill at 3;30pm. I drink Water at the office and everything seems like a go. Mind you my Doc and hospital are both well over an hour away from my house.

At home around 7:30ish.... I have a drink and it won't go down. In fact, I start throwing it up. Well, I threw up about 10x through the night. Very hard, whole body puking!! Anytime I would try to sip Water or anything, it would happen again!

Around 5am it started turning to blood so off to the emergency room I went!

Turns out, my stoma swelled in reaction to the tightening of the fill and closed the hole up completely! They had to remove my 2cc's that we added and put me back to "normal!"

this sucks,,,, I am back at square one, but I am feeling much better! Thought I was going to die!!!! OOOOOUUUUCCCCHHHH!:tt1:

Thank Goodness it wasn't a school day. I know how hard this has been for me, though I'm out of the classroom now. I can't imagine what a challenge it must be with those quick lunches--bringing your kids to the cafeteria, making a few phone calls, then gagging down 2-3 bites before having to return to pick up your kids! I'm not envious. Sorry to hear you had a tough 2nd fill. May the upcoming week be better. :Dancing_wub:

Oh MY! I'm so sorry to hear all of this! Sure hope you're doing better now. I'm getting my second fill 2 days before my daughter's graduation . . . yikes .. . now I'm worried about that! We have to go up to Los Angeles the night before . .. I'll definitely be sipping and not chewing anything!

Wow I hope you are feeling better now.

Sometimes a fill takes a little while for it to kick in i guess. Sorry for your pain.

Are you feeling any better this week?

Are things starting to feel better by now? What a horrible ordeal to have to go through. I hope your next months go much easier on you.

who did your band and what band do you have on you? There are many now "generic band brands" people don't even realize that they are getting test trial goods instead of the real Inamed Band and Having Serious Issues. Please respond I am curious which band you got for having trouble this early on. Thanks, Treasures

Thanks all.... feeling better now! Although my soreness from the episode has kind of worked as a "fill" becuase I am currently eating much less. I have to be very careful, and thats good! Not to mention the whole incident has put me down another 4-5 pounds and has got the scale moving again!!! Live and learn...

I have one of the newer bands as the doc showed it to me right before surgery. The name is escaping me right now... sorry! It has the ring with the bumps in it for a better fit???

thanks for all your wishes!!!!

I thought of you the entire time I was at my doctor on Tuesday. I needed a fill, but because it was #4 and my doctor has been fairly aggressive in filling, I worried I'd end up with going too tight! Anyway, it seems like everyone I've talked with has had an unfill at some point, and I didn't want to have to do that as I'm going away for the Memorial Day weekend and I know they wouldn't know what to do in Aruba if something should happen. So.....I chickened out and only got .7 cc this time! My Physician's Assistant told me she didn't think .5 would make a difference and worried 1.0 would be too much...so we did the womanly thing and compromised. So far, so good. (Granted, I've only had cottage cheese and pudding!) But, no issues with any liquids yet. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better and that you've kick-started your weight loss again. Maybe I WILL get a good fill after my vacation....I sure could use a kick! :party:

luv2teech7.... Probably a smart move not overdoing it!!! I don't want anyone to hesitate on my behalf though!!!!

I know that I am going to dread my next fill after this horrible episode. Doc's office said they will do it whenever I am ready, but I don't think I will be for at least a month. Then I will try .5 cc's at a time. Baby steps I have to remember!!!

Have a great Memorial weekend! It will be here before we know it and I have Friday and Monday off this year!!! Yipee!

I went through the same thing on my 2nd fill. Oh my gosh I also thought I was going to die. I waited it out through the night, kept spitting in a cup. Met my fill guy at the hospital and he took what we put in the day before out. He said I must belong to the 1/2 cc group. A couple of weeks later he put in 1/2 cc and I left on vacation for San Diego. The next day I called him cause I was stuck, he talked me through it cause I couldn't do anything else and I didn't want to go to the emergency room where they wouldn't know what to do. I walked which helped the swelling go down, I kept throwing up, and took cold liquid ibuprophen, it finally opened up some, but the rest of the trip I was very very careful. I have been losing but not able to eat Breakfast and lunch because of the swelling. dinner is no problem. The band is finally starting to loosen up after 2 weeks and I am able to eat a couple of bites of lunch. I feel fine, but extra careful from now on.