Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you drink soda?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drink soda?

• Yes- my doctor says it's okay
    • Yes- but my doctor says not to
    • No- because my doctor says no
    • No- but not because of the band, just cause I don't like it

The only thing I've found so far that hurts is whole chicken breast. I can eat strips, but not whole chicken. It hurts like hell going down and last time I tried it, I hat three bites and had to vomit. Sorry that is gross, but that is the first time, I've vommited since surgery. Needless to say, I am staying away from chicken for now. I havn't tried steak yet.

I had diet soda this past Saturday. I haven't had it since my surgery (4/29). It was nice...HOWEVER, I shook it up until ALL the fiz was gone. Sometimes you just want some diet soda. It didn't affect me AT ALL. If you just gotta have it, and you dont mind it, shake it up.....still get the flavor, with none of the hurt! :smile2:

i used to drink tons of soda (i call it "pop" LOL) before i had surgery. i don't know why --- but since surgery --- i have had *no* desire to drink it.

Never was much of a soda drinker - maybe 1 or 2 a month.

The carbonation doesn't agree w/my band - but if I get a taste for a diet Dr Pepper - I will pour it between 2 glasses and get most of the carbonation out and have some..

I had my first taste of pop in over 3 years in July. I didn't care for it. It burned my mouth and just plain didn't taste good. I was a heavy diet coke drinker, but gave it up when I had surgery. I don't miss it, never would I have believed that I would say that.

I used to drink lots of soda. I was hooked on Dr. Pepper. Since surgery I've cut it off, but everyone once in awhile, I want a sip. A couple days ago, I took a VERY small sip of my husband's and held it in my mouth until it fizzed up and had no more fizzy bubbles. Can anyone explain the real danger with soda. My doc says no soda, but doesn't really offer a satisfactory reason as to why.

I can live with no soda... and I don't crave it or anything. I've been so good since I cut it out and have been very surprised at my will power regarding this subject, since I have unsuccessfully tried to eliminate it from my diet during pre band life. I'm just wondering about people's perceptions on soda.

I think that if you soda used properly they are good for digestion. Do not use too much

Only time I open a soda is to cook chicken! I either baste the whole chicken in the oven and bake it, or BBQ it on the can. Yummo! (always use diet!)

I'm a little over six weeks out and I've been off diet coke for about 7 months. I miss it a lot. Not so much for the taste, but for the "treat" it was for me. Whenever I've dieted or changed my eating habits (a million and a half times) diet coke was always the sweet treat I could have. Even when you're out and doing something fun--just to grab a diet coke was a reward. Hard to find Crystal Light in a fountain at any convenient store. So--I'm missing it--for emotional reasons.......

I drink soda about 2 or 3 times/week. it goes down without a problem. According to my surgeon, soda doesn't affect the band itself, however, it just unnecessary added calories/sugar to my diet. I am sure this is one of the reasons I am not losing the last 25 pounds.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches