Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

trouble meeting protein goal

I was wondering if anyone was having trouble getting 55-70 grams of Protein per day? I was banded 4-30-08 and I am sick of the Protein Drink (unjury) already and now trying New whey (42 grams) protein supplement and not sure how long I can do that. Any suggestions?

Kind Regards

Penny:unsure:

Nothing bad will happen to you if you eat less Protein than 55-70g per day. If you are stressing over it, remind yourself that many surgeons don't require so much.

That said, I've got a nice Kashi Go Lean chocolate shake mix. You mix 2 scoops with one cup of nonfat milk and - tada! - 29 g of Protein. 2 of those per day and you're set -- you can have some cream Soup for another meal to switch up between sweet & savory while getting in even more protein.

I imagine you only have a few more days on liquids. Then a little while on mushies... once you hit solid food, it'll be easy to get the US RDA of protein each day, even on a low cal diet. So hang in there! :rolleyes:

I was banded on March 21,08 and when I got to the blended stage I started putting tuna in a blender added a little mayo and dill relish blended it up and ate that for lunch or dinner and in one can of tuna you get 28grams of Protein and the best thing is that they are no carbs in mayo or dill relish, also I can not drink any type of protein drink at all it makes me very sick the reason being is that I can barley handle cough Syrup and have always been that way and I talked to my Dr. and he said as long as I was doing what I was doing that I would be just fine b/c I am eatting about 2 cans of tuna a day and that is 56 grams of protein by itself and add you a boiled egg and you will have a total of 62 grams good luck.

If you have a Vitamin Shoppe near you and perhaps GNC might carry it, too try Isopure. It's like gatorade but has 40 grams of Protein per 20 oz bottle.

I drink 1 bottle a day or even half sometimes and between that and the other foods, you will easily meet the requirements.

I was wondering if anyone was having trouble getting 55-70 grams of Protein per day? I was banded 4-30-08 and I am sick of the Protein drink (unjury) already and now trying New Whey (42 grams) protein supplement and not sure how long I can do that. Any suggestions?

Kind Regards

Penny:unsure:

Well r u n the soft or mushie stage if so eat tuna... raw tuna will do the trick...

left_logo.jpg home.jpg about.jpg careers.jpg products.jpg shop.jpg <a href=recipes.jpg" /> tuna.jpg faqs.jpg press.jpgnav_bottom.jpg

tuna_prod_114.jpgBUMBLE BEE® Prime Fillet® Solid White Albacore in Water

Product Size: 6 OZ (170g)

long_red_line_06.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

nutr_facts_text.gif

spacer.gif

Serv Size 2 oz drained (56g - about ¼ cup)

Servings: about 2.5

Calories 70

Fat Cal. 10

* Percent Daily Values

(DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. spacer.gif

spacer.gifAmount/Serving%DV*spacer.gifAmount/Serving%DV*spacer.gif

black.gif

spacer.gifTotal Fat 1.0g 2% spacer.gifTotal Carb. 0g 0% black.gif Sat. Fat 0g 0% spacer.gif Fiber 0g 0% black.gif Trans Fat 0g spacer.gif Sugars 0g black.gifCholest. 25mg 8% spacer.gifProtein 16g black.gifSodium 250mg 10% spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif

black.gif

spacer.gifVitamin A 0% • Vitamin C 0% • Calcium 0% • Iron 0% • Niacin 25% • Vitamin B-6 10% • Vitamin B-12 15% • Phosphorous 10% • spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifINGREDIENTS: WHITE TUNA, Water, SALT, PYROPHOSPHATE ADDED

chicken Clams Crab Oysters Ready to Eat Meals Salmon Sardines & Mackerel Shrimp Tuna

footer_wave_dec_03.jpgfooter_bee_dec_03.jpgspacer.gif© 2006 Bumble Bee Foods, LLCspacer.gifPrivacy Policyspacer.gifTerms and Conditionsspacer.gifbtn-ContactUs.jpgfooter_text_dec_03.jpg

I buy the Kashi Go Lean shake powder at my grocery store. QFC -- it's a Kroger store. It's in the Breakfast Cereal section with the boxed Kashi cereal.

Thanks for all the suggestions, y'all are great! I go for my post-op appointment this afternoon. One week down, and doing really well.

:)

You can also buy a shot of Protein from the Vitamin Shoppe. It comes in a variety of flavors like fruit punch. One shot contains 42grams of protein. That'll certainly get you over the protein hump quickly.