Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying to diet but still crave that *&^^sugar

Okay, during my period I started my WW diet plan and was doing well. Lost two pounds, then the second week I went away and it was difficult to get back on track. Now I'm two weeks from getting my period and I'm starting to want that sugar again!!!!!!! I feel like I've fallen off the wagon and I'm stressing because my mother-out-law is coming up in 10 days and I'm going to sabotage myself again!!!!!!

Why, why do I go through this every time I have to deal with someone and feel so self conscience about my weight!!!

I need to toughen up but it's so hard, my hormones are still screwed up as I don't get to see the my endocrinologist until August but I don't want to use that as an excuse. Sorry but had to vent!!!!

brandy who is not feeling dandy at the momentII:scared2:

Okay, during my period I started my WW diet plan and was doing well. Lost two pounds, then the second week I went away and it was difficult to get back on track. Now I'm two weeks from getting my period and I'm starting to want that sugar again!!!!!!! I feel like I've fallen off the wagon and I'm stressing because my mother-out-law is coming up in 10 days and I'm going to sabotage myself again!!!!!!

Why, why do I go through this every time I have to deal with someone and feel so self conscience about my weight!!!

I need to toughen up but it's so hard, my hormones are still screwed up as I don't get to see the my endocrinologist until August but I don't want to use that as an excuse. Sorry but had to vent!!!!

brandy who is not feeling dandy at the momentII:scared2:

Try milo to eat,have a teaspoon or two straight from the can,i have taken to eating mixed nuts and dried fruit, as is my time of the month now and crave sweets too. but i really really love eating the milo.

Slimmy120,

I had to look up what milo was and kind of know but in what form is it sold or name it's sold under. Is it purchased in the health food section of the store, sorry need more details, thanks brandyII

Hello BrandyII:

Your cravings are just that! The more sugar you eat, the more

your body requires. How long since you were banded?

It would probably be good to ween off of sugar altogether.

Ever tried Somer Sweet? Have you heard of Suzanne Somers?

Go to Suzanne Somers.com for details on her sugar substitute.

It is great! This product is all natural. I use it in my herb teas,

and decaff coffees.

I have found that substituting real sugar, your weight loss

will continue naturally.

Wish you well,

Judie

I was banded in 1847, no but it was a long time ago, last august but have been through some trials and tribulations of sorts when it comes to the lap band. I should have got it across my mouth! I'm sure there are plenty of people who would agree with that statement.

Actually I'm still working on getting back on metformin, waiting on blood workup, and am on thyroid meds and I'm trying to stick with my plan of action which is Weight Watchers but all I have to do is one night of social drinking etc... and everything goes down the drain. But it just seems like right before my period it's almost uncontrollable. I normally drink nutrasweet in my tea. What makes Suzanne Sommer's sweetner better. I have one of her cookbooks where she's basically low carb or healthy wholegrain carbs. I've seen her on one of those QVC type info places but have never bought any of her other products. I don't think I could ever totally give up sweets forever. I try to stick with the WW frozen pops for a sweet but sometimes I want something more! I just hate losing two pounds to gain back three or something like that. Not giving up yet brandyII:thumbup:

Edited by brandyII

I come from australia, milo is found next to the tea and coffee, it is like little chocolate granuals and people normally make a drink with or without milk in it,hot or cold. it is made by nestle.

Thanks, I'll have to look for it. My sister went to visit a friend in Australia last year I'll ask her if she's familiar with it too, thanks brandyII.

Brandy,

I'm sure you've heard all of this before but...

You need to break your addiction to sugar, just like an alcoholic you can not just have the occassional sweet, artifical or not.

Being PCOS just makes it all the harder. You need to eat only lean Proteins, veggies and occasional fresh fruit. Nothing processed. Cut back on your dairy and drink plenty of Water. Don't eat low fat products they are full of sugar.

It doesn't matter if there are only a few WW points in a sugar free fudgecicle, you don't want to eat it. It's a real change in life style, but believe me it's a much better life to live!!

RinR,

It just seems if I could do all those things I wouldn't have needed a lap band in the first place. I'm not saying it's impossible for me to cut back or to eliminate it but it's going to be pretty hard. I think quitting something like drinking and cigarettes is difficult but you still have to eat. You know what I mean. I've quit smoking and that's partially why it's easy for me to put the weight on. I know I sound like I have lots of excuses but I just don't know if I'd ever be that disciplined a person to eliminate all of that. I kind of was depending on the lap band to help me and I don't know if I was the right candidate for it in the first place. Thanks for your help, brandyII.

Brandy,

Have you been banded yet?? Once you are you only have room for the Protein, it's tough to fit much else in.

I know for me if I get off the sugar I don't crave it, but take one bite of something sweet and I'm out of control.

Getting banded gives you a good head start and time to build good habits, but it gets harder to stick with as time goes on. Unfortunately you need to do the work, the band is only a tool.

Brandy,

Have you been banded yet?? Once you are you only have room for the Protein, it's tough to fit much else in.

I know for me if I get off the sugar I don't crave it, but take one bite of something sweet and I'm out of control.

Getting banded gives you a good head start and time to build good habits, but it gets harder to stick with as time goes on. Unfortunately you need to do the work, the band is only a tool.

I was banded last summer in August. I can be full with just a small amount of Protein but I end up eating the sugar/fat slider foods also to compensate for the lack of food I was taking in. I've gone through all the fill cycles, too much fill, not enough fill and unfortunately we're not all cut from the same cloth and I should have bought a different tool! brandyII

I was banded last August also. Sounds like you've hit a brick wall. I hope you can find what works for you. I know it is frustrating. If you need any additional help/support just let us know.

Good Luck

I was banded last August also. Sounds like you've hit a brick wall. I hope you can find what works for you. I know it is frustrating. If you need any additional help/support just let us know.

Good Luck

Thanks Rebecca,

I don't want to do anything drastic but I guess giving up was pretty drastic and you all have been very supportive. Maybe before I wasn't listening and giving everyone a chance or maybe I wasn't explaining my issues the right way, I don't know but I walked today on the treadmill and am trying again! Thanks Nancy.:welldoneclap:

It's a few days later Brandy, how are you doing?

I am going to say something many are NOT going to say to you here....and I might get bashed for saying so,,.,,,,

Doesn't WW have light snack/desserts?

I don't like eliminated whole food catagories (for myself). If I was craving it, I would eat it, A SMALL BIT OF IT, but I would eat it.

There was a great book...oh I forget the name but essentially it was Why Women NEED chocolate.< /p>

I hope the visit goes good with your outlaws.

It's a few days later Brandy, how are you doing?

I am going to say something many are NOT going to say to you here....and I might get bashed for saying so,,.,,,,

Doesn't WW have light snack/desserts?

I don't like eliminated whole food catagories (for myself). If I was craving it, I would eat it, A SMALL BIT OF IT, but I would eat it.

There was a great book...oh I forget the name but essentially it was Why Women NEED chocolate.

I hope the visit goes good with your outlaws.

Thanks Mary I'm doing well and walked today. I did try the WW Desserts but sometimes eat too many!! I'll have to look into that book sounds interesting. I hope the visit goes well too, I'm just trying not to stress about it but it's hard. I don't want to drink the week away either!

I'm thinking since my treadmill is in the basement I can always go down there to get away if I feel tortured, thanks Nancy.:welldoneclap: