Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok... its official.. im freaked.

my surgery is scheduled for next friday.... i am officially on a liquid diet and i have already cheated by having a sandwich... i wasnt really doing the liquid diet right anyway... im sorry but Tomato Soup and a pudding just wasnt doing it... i caved.. i cant even make it through DAY 1 of the pre op diet... now i am wondering if i can do this!! clearly i have a problem with self control here.

it also doesnt help that my parents call me every day with the same questions... "are you nerrrrrrrrrvous? are you excited? are you scared? are you sure?" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

the more they ask the more i freak out. my friends are all behind me and my folks are too.. they are coming with me to the surgery and my mom wants to spend the night in the hospital with me...support is good... My mom wants the surgery done too but is waiting to see my results. I am her guinea pig of sorts. sigh... it is 2:30 AM and i am clearly in panic mode.

i am also nervous about the end of this deal.. when i am close to goal weight at 130. see.. to be honest, i have already had extensive plastic surgery PRE lap band. I have had a Tummy Tuck (and my tummy is flat as a pancake currently) and I had my boobs done.. I had the lift and they are like something out of playboy... and i LOVE it... (ok i had my nose and some Lipo done too but dont tell anybody)... anyway... i am worried that after I lose the 94 pounds that my chest will sag again... i dont think i will need another tummy tuck because there is nothing that is hanging right now... (note.. when you gain weight after a tummy tuck it goes to your BUTT and inner thighs!) but I dont want to do the breasts again! although it did not hurt a bit.. surprisingly. I just want to get to a happy place where I look like an average jane in a crowd, not fat nor skinny...ok maybe closer to skinny... and dont have to fixate on food or where can i get food or i ate too much food or food food food food.... i just want to have a normal life with other distractions... HELP

gawd... somebody send me some positive vibes or something.

Don't panic, it's going to be fine....

I haven't been banded yet, I was supposed to on the 5th but got a fever instead, so home and resheduled for the 17th.

At any rate, I can't give you any information about the banding but, I know this, it is just a tool, and you will learn to work with it...or not....I believe it really is that simple...(barring complications)

Jealous of your flat tummy! Here's one for you, I had a reduction three years ago....I'll need implants after this...:cross-eye

Hey, at least your Mom didn't jinx you...mine told me she'd been praying I WOULDN'T have it done! I swear, that's why I got that fever! If you look dysfunctional up...our family portrait is right beside the definition!

Hang in there! You can do this!

D

Have you ever heard of the saying:

" Too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the stew?"

Support is good - yes - but it seems to me that your are being smoothered with it? Your over 18 right? Judging by the surgeries you've had of course you are. I personally would have only 1 or maybe 2 people if you must the day of surgery. Come out & tell EVERYONE that knows about it That this is what your phys. or Doc & you want if that helps(if they won't just listen to u).

Tell all of them that it is really difficult that they ask you questions everyday or even everyother day or once a week EVEN.

Ok now with some of that pressure to succeed off your back hopefully you can FOCUS on your goal. Remember that this isn't just about looking like a plain jane. Its about feeling wonderful & being even more healthy than you are now. Its about enjoying your family & being more active. Write sticky notes everywhere- do a journal at nite.

If you need to get drastic than buy a mini fridge & but it in your room-You can return it when your done after a few week & I am sure if there is no damage you'll have no problems. Fill it with all you need too & the other fridg. is completely OFF Limits. YOU CAN & WILL DO THIS!!

Don't focus on what you shouldn't have done(sandwich) focus on that that will NOT happen again. Its only 2 weeks right? Thats what our Doc says- maybe your is a week-even better.

Remember its IMPORTANT to do this for surgical reasons. The liquid phase is not there to see if you have control its there to make sure your LIVER shrinks enough so that the surgeon can get under it more easily & place you band.

You'll do it you just need less pressure & more self-motivation! You will be fine- I believe in you .

I don't want to encourage you to do anything other than what your doctor prescribed, my bmi was barely 40, I only had to do liquids the day before. My mom who had surgery Thursday was considerably higher, and she had to do liquids the day before, but no one told her and so she had Breakfast and they still did they surgery. If you're gonna cheat, do it with soft mushy stuff, but when you get closer don't cheat at all.

ok... its official.. im freaked.

my surgery is scheduled for next friday.... i am officially on a liquid diet and i have already cheated by having a sandwich... i wasnt really doing the liquid diet right anyway... im sorry but Tomato Soup and a pudding just wasnt doing it... i caved.. i cant even make it through DAY 1 of the pre op diet... now i am wondering if i can do this!! clearly i have a problem with self control here.

it also doesnt help that my parents call me every day with the same questions... "are you nerrrrrrrrrvous? are you excited? are you scared? are you sure?" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

the more they ask the more i freak out. my friends are all behind me and my folks are too.. .

LOL!!! you are so much fun!

Lets see, I was trying to figure out how much you weighed. My doctor wanted all of his patients that were 250 or more to go on a liquid diet a week pre op. On my last visit to him (pre op), I was 248 and the nurse said I was close to 250 - and wanted me to go on liquids.... :) like you, I couldnt do it! So girl, Im right there with ya! The reason its recommened for us to go on liquids before surgery is due to reducing the size of our liver - ultimately having an easier surgery/recovery.

About your parents... how funny! Mine did the EXACT same thing! All of my family is MO, so I am going on unchartered territory with having weight loss surgery.

You are probably a big inspiration to many of them.

Good luck! This week will fly by! :D

You've heard that phrase, "Killing with kindness..."? :)

Almost everyone's nervous before their surgery, almost everyone second guesses themselves. You have a little extra pressure... lol

I used to juice fast as a part of detoxifying my body and also trying to lose weight (pre-no diet counseling), and it really is surprising how if you can make it through the first three days it's really not too hard. Your biggest enemy is your mind. My longest juice fast was 17 days (I was going for 40 based on the formula for detox), and to be brutally honest with myself I only broke it because I was watching the scale. In fact, I miscalculated my weightloss (probably subconsciously on purpose), and in true diet mentality fashion, since I didn't meet my expected weightloss goal for that day, I went and had a pizza (like THAT was going to help!! lol).

You do have to psych yourself up emotionally. Read some sites about fasting (NOT Water fasting, but juice fasting - in your case, just liquid fasting) - if you can get hooked into the spirituality of it, the "zen" of it, you might find it easier.

In addition to only being on liquids, are you on a restricted calorie regime as well? What's your day supposed to be like?

If you can change your thinking about these two weeks as a way to purify your body you might find it's a rewarding journey, instead of a "punishment."

Wishing you the best -

xxoo

Remember its IMPORTANT to do this for surgical reasons. The liquid phase is not there to see if you have control its there to make sure your LIVER shrinks enough so that the surgeon can get under it more easily & place you band.

Really? We don't get any of this info over here........

Hey DallasDoll, I'm soooo with you on the freaking out part. I believe you are right on schedule, my super freak-out happened about 10 days out. Chamamile tea is good right about.... NOW! Valium worked for me as well. :)

Yeah, my family put the fun in dysfunctional as well. I recommend you let your voice mail pick up calls from your family for a few days. Talk about poking a bear with a stick!

Yes-DEB :0) - I am very surprized your surgeon didn't say anything. Some Doctors will have you do 2 wks others 1 week & some even just a day or two. I don't see how you can shrink the fat around the liver in just a day- but than again I am no Doctor. It not only helps shrink the liver(or fat around it) but it also helps prepare you for the road ahead. Its not easy. I did it for 1 week just to test the waters & lost 8 pds. I was shakey sometimes, but actually felt more energtic than I had the wk before & really after day 3 wasn't that hungry.

P.S. Might I add that I think its so cool your from Saudi Arabia!!! You do mean the country right?? There isn't some small town in Florida called Saudi Arabia is there?? LOL LOL

I think I'm right in saying that not all doctors ask for patients to liquid diet. My doc certainly didn't say anything about it and I was eating up to the evening before surgery. Nothing after middnight is all he said.

That said, what YOUR doctor says is what important here. But don't beat yourself up for having a sandwich. And really don't worry about how you're going to feel after the operation. It's a bit of a rollercoaster but you feel very differently after you have the op. The stakes are higher and it's easier to control your eating, that's for sure.

I've only just started to get hungry, and that's 8 weeks since surgery. I'm hoping to get a fill soon. I'm not losing as quickly as I would like despite a 1200 calorie a day diet.

But good luck! It's an exciting time and you'll be fine.

well... my doctor never said anything specifically about the liquid diet or how long i should do it. this has all happened so fast.. i went in for my consult and since i am a cash payer we scheduled surgery as soon as he had an opening for me... so we talked about a million things and the exact diet never came up...

in the hospital paperwork, it said liquid diet 3 days. in the doctor paperwork, it says liquid diet 7 days but doesnt say what that means. he gave me a grocery list of things to have on hand after surgery, so i am just assuming it is that stuff.... its just not really clear.

believe me, i would rather be doing 3 days.... i read online somewhere that it should be just 1 day... but i figure i will do the week like his paperwork says....

so far today is better... after being up most of the night, i slept most of the day.. and have had 1 advantage edge drink and 1 pudding cup.

my panic has turned into fear and that has made me not hungry.

well.. thats one way to fix my control problem!