Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seminar - not so excited now

you can eat the foods you like with the band. the beauty of it is you eat those things in moderation now. go to a different seminar and find a doc who supports your decision, so your journey can be a pleasant one.

Margi,

When I first went to my pcp and told him i want wls he looked at me and said yeah I will approve you for gastric bypass I said no I want ..lap band he said why gastric you drop the weight fast lap band takes longer and i know that and agree with that he then said first most people get gastric and after they strech there stomacks go in for a lap band .........to mantain there weight loss ... its a double process by the time the doctors stops seeing you for the post gastric bypasss your next money maker will be lap band ....to tweeq the gastric and most ins dont cover lap band but will cover gastric ....and once that ins has covered gastric later down the road they will cover the band to tweeq your maintance...... I hope I make since ...I understood what he was telling me ....basicly its all about the money ...........

My boss had lap banding done 2 years ago ..... we spent many a days today and nights we would eat the same things ...i did notice she ate different ( not drinking with meals) as time went on she told me she had lap band and i should look into it ........she ate sweets ...coffee ...wine ..... the only thing was at night she didnt feel the need to snack ......if she was watching tv she didnt need chips to see it (lol) ...it curbed he appetite ....she always drinks diet soda with lemon ..she always said after i get banded lemon will be my best friend.... i hope this encourages you to look on for a doctor that will but your mind at ease but to be honest some of the most sane advice or info is on this board from men and women who are living proof life starts again with banding ........

Another important thing to remember is that you CAN go to more than one seminar. I attended 4 different seminars before I made my decision. I was able to compare the information from each seminar, ask questions that I felt would be pertinent to my success with the band, and get a feel of whether I was comfortable with the physician AND his staff. Besides, they aren't having these seminars as a public service -- they're trying to earn your business! :blushing:

It really makes me mad when doctors spread misinformation like this! Don't let anybody (including any of us here) tell you what WLS to go with, even your doc. You have to do your homework and come up with your own decision. It's much harder to make an informed decision when jackasses like this lie to people.

Interesting. All these posts and come to find out - it is the same doctor Carol in WA saw at her semiar! I am going to look into the other doctor. Thanks everyone for your replies.....I want to be thin, but it has to be a reasonable way of doing it. Having no milk and no sugar the rest of my life, isn't reasonable. Cutting back and moderation is doable!!

Edited by MargieM

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches