Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need some mushie ideas....please

Hey all,

I had my f/u appointment today. One week down and doing well. I had 14 pounds gone...yeah me. The surgeon told me to start lumpy foods. He said to stay away from bread and meat but to advance slowly. I am happy. I had some cottage cheese for lunch but I am scared and at a loss for what to have for supper. If you have any ideas for me that would be awesome. thanks mama59:thumbup:

Congrats on the 14 lb loss. As for mushies, I ate a lot of Lowfat refried Beans topped with ff cheese and salsa. Micro for a little and its very filling. Blended Healthy Request clam chowder was one of my favorites. I still avoid bread, except well toasted pita because it gets stuck with me. FF cottage cheese topped with natural applesauce makes a good dessert style snack. Hope these help....Dave

My doctor had me stick with only one food per day to see if it agreed with me. I hated it. I never want to see pudding or yogurt again...for now. I'm now on small "normal" foods and enjoying hummus especially. I believe that was on my week two menu. That adds a kick of taste to your mouth. Keep up the great work!

One of my faves was taking some Ricotta cheese mixing in a few Tbs of spaghetti sause and a lil shredded mozarella and microwave till hot, stir it all up and u have what tastes like lazagna minus the meat. Very tasta and filling as well.

wow... glad I found this thread... I thought it said need help with some 'MUNCHIES' ... which I do... but nice to read the ideas for high Protein soft food.

I will try that 'fake' lasagna. I also found no flavor soy Protein pwd great to doctor up any Soup. I really enjoyed split pea with extra protein pwd. For a treat i would get some egg drop Soup.< /p>

keep up the good work!

One of my faves was taking some Ricotta cheese mixing in a few Tbs of spaghetti sause and a lil shredded mozarella and microwave till hot, stir it all up and u have what tastes like lazagna minus the meat. Very tasta and filling as well.

This sounds yummy. How much Ricotta cheese do you use?

I was banded 3/25, and the dietician gave me a list of things I could eat, but basically anything you can pulverize to the consistency of apple sauce. I did instant mashed potatoes (it makes minimum 2 servings, so I put one away to heat in microwave another time, and heated fat free gravy to put on it) creamy egg salad (hard cooked eggs, salt and pepper, light mayo and Gray Poupon mustard to taste), creamy tuna salad (pepper, light mayo and yellow mustard to taste), cream Soups (I did Tomato and melted fat free Kraft slices in it to make creamier), apple sauce, and I pulverized some chunky salsa to make it smaller, then mixed in fat free refried Beans. To help me with Portion Control, I used a small dessert bowl and nuked in microwave, then put some fat free shredded cheese on top while still hot and it will melt. Yum!

Refried Beans, hummus, mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes with sugar & cinnamon, pudding, cream cheese with salsa mixed in or meatless chili and nuked (great with the beans or alone), any of the fruit -sauces - applesauce, pineapple sauce, etc. Yogurt... the list goes on, hope this helps.

This is the list of foods my dietician gave me that I can eat during my "mushy phase". It includes ALL foods that I'm allowed to eat, not just mushies.

• Scrambled egg
  • Low-fat cheese
  • Creamy Peanut Butter
  • Blended fruit (phase 1 and 2 baby food)
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Light yogurt
  • Skim milk
  • Cream of vegetable Soup (ie: cream of potato, cream of broccoli, etc...)
  • No sugar added Carnation Instant Breakfast (I've found this the best thing to add powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury to)
  • vanilla yogurt made with Splenda
  • sugar free pudding
  • Sugar free Jello
  • Sugar free popsicles

Edited by StaceyM

I always just eye-balled the amount of the ricotta cheese but the end result was about 3/4 cup after it was all mixed together

What I ate for dinner during my ENTIRE mushie phase (that's right, I didn't eat anything else lol, I found one thing I liked and stuck with it..)

Refried Beans heated up in the microwave with some cheese melted on top and a bit of salsa.

I'm not very exciting, can ya tell? :lol: hehe

I would blend some cooked salmon fillet with some FF sour cream/mayo, light soy sauce and wasabi. I had that about 4 nights a week on mushies... yum. Very good for your skin too.

SPLIT PEA Soup W/ BROCCOLI & HAM!!!!! Cook your dry peas in Low sodium chicken broth, i used one big box.. then I washed the dry peas, and added it to the boiling broth... Cooked that for about 45min.... Added 1 whole broccoli chopped up... and 1/2lb of chopped up ham. Added pepper, garlic powder... (was afraid to add any onions, celery or carrots to it..) Cooked that up for another 20 min... then took out my blender, and pureed it all! Just make sure not to over Water the soup. You want it on the thicker side, so when you blend it, it actually will stick to your spoon! Absolutely YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you want, you can also make a side order of lil pastina, and drain that, and add the peas soup to it!!!

Campbells select makes these great Soups in a box, portabello mushroon, corn, and one other, I would take a piece of cooked chicken and blend it in the bullet and then add to the Soup and then heat in microwave, it was my dinner daily, you could put fish or chicken as long as you pureed it, it looked like nursing home food but tasted delicious and filling. Good luck and congrats on down 14 that is great.

Fran