Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded April 23 2008

I was banded on Wed 4/23rd at about 9:45am, and I was in my room by 1pm. I had a bad time with the pain meds the first day making me nauseous and after trying several different types, I said forget it and just have been on Tylenol which doesn't do much. That first day was pretty tough, I could not swallow anything and could only swish Water in my mouth and then spit it out. My throat hurt from the dryness of my mouth and I wanted to down my cherry flavored chap stick. I would have killed for some ice chips like others have had but it was taboo with my Dr. The next morning finally came after a long nite, and the stuff you have to drink so they can xray you and make sure there are no leaks was pretty horrific and almost made me puke but knowing once I got thru with that I could down some liquids finally, I made sure I kept it down. My first meal of broth, juice, & Jello was the best thing since sliced bread..... Went home about 1pm and just took it easy. The pain from the surgery is not that bad but I get Migraines and for some reason had 3 in those first 2 days but this too had past. Feeling ok somewhat at this time and I am on stage 2 diet and had some thin Cream of Wheat with added Protein and splenda, oh it tasted so good. Had about 10 baby spoon fulls and was full.....I got one of those Magic Bullets which makes blending everything (since I am adding protein to all) really easy. I"ve lost 6 lbs since surgery 5 long days ago. Its true that it all gets easier every day that passes. Maybe its my age but I am glad that I am off work for a month, I just can't fathom having to be getting up and doing all that while going thru all this. So I salute all of you who are having to do that. I go to the Dr's on May 2nd for my post op. I am glad I did this and would do it again. Take care all.

Yvonne:wink:

I am glad to hear that you're doing better :wink2: We have the same date and same weight loss. Hang in there I am sure it gets better.

I was also banded on 04/23/08. I have lost only 10 lbs. It seems like I am loosing at a slower pace. I had a very uncomplicated experience when I was banded in Tj, Mexico. I am eating soft foods now and so far have not eating anything that doesn't agree with me. I get hungry but when I eat, I get full really fast.

Has anyone scheduled their first fill yet? Has anyone started with any exercising?

Resi

230/219c/137

weight.png[/img]

Edited by Resi97

I was banded 4/23 and haven't even seen my doc yet for a follow-up. We moved out of state 3 days after my surgery (planned). He wants me to fly back to see him but I can't afford that.

Anyway, I'm going to try light excercise (walking) around June 1st. I'd probably be ok now, but I'm still really worn out and tired. I don't have much energy at all.

I've been doing soft foods as well and haven't had any issues. I get full after about a cup of food.

I think everyone is doing great with weightloss!!!!

I too was banded April 23, South Bend, Indiana. Im down about 24 lbs (pre-op included). Ive dropped one size so far. Im still on mushy foods, but Im doing well. I get full pretty quickly. I have plateaued for about the past week, but this morning Im down another pound. Has anyone else plateaued after steady losses?

I was banded 4/30 and have had little complications - just trying to find out if anyone started exercising before the 6 week healing period?

Good afternoon All,

I was banded 4-24-08 and the most discomfort I felt was a little soreness as if I'd just started doing sit-ups. I hardly feel any restriction from my surgery however, I know the band must be there because I think I get satisfied sooner than I normally would. I've also been reminded due to the hard hiccups I've experienced a couple of times. My incisions are healing extremely well in my opinion. I'm all to anxious to have my first fill which is scheduled 6-1-08. I constantly think of food however I'm happy to say, I've maintained a 14-16 lbs loss. I began exercising 5-10-08 which was only 16 days post op and I feel great. I was banded in Mexico by Dr. Rumbaut so I frequently reach out to my US coordinator before I make major decisions like filling or exercising too soon. I know she's not a doc, however she's been banded herself for 8 yrs now. I trust her advice. :thumbup:

Edited by bangiebb

I was banded 4/30 and have had little complications - just trying to find out if anyone started exercising before the 6 week healing period?

I met with my personal trainer for the first time on the 7th day post op :thumbup: I haven't stopped since. I work out 3-6 days a week depending on how much time I have.

Hi Guys,

I'm a 23rd-er too! I've started exercising already, a few days ago. Frankly I felt healthy enough to start quite a while earlier but, honestly, I loathe exercising so I kept 'discovering' excuses.

Anyway, now my wife and I try and take a 40 minute uphill stroll a couple of times a week. But I actually prefer the gym, so that's my next port of call.

Pain-wise all went well for me. I turned down the pain meds at the hospital because nothing was too sore. That's not really changed, but my port (I'm assuming that's what the larger slice next to my belly button is) is still pretty tender - rubbing against clothes and stuff can irritate it.

My first fill is on June 6. At the moment I have no restriction, in as much as I can eat just as much as before, however I have to eat it way more slowly and I do feel full after. It's just like being a normal person!

But, for now, I don't want normality. I'm looking forward to getting my fill so I can start really working off the weight. So far I've been pretty conscious of what I'm eating and - aside from a couple of slip ups - my conscious is clean.

When I went in I for the op I was 123kg (271lbs) now I'm at 112kg (247lbs) so the weight certainly going in the right direction.

Anyway, I'm glad we're all in it together. Good luck!

I was banded 4/25/08. I have had NO complications, very little pain and have been walking several miles a day and began playing softball with the city league two weeks post op. You should be able to jog, walk, and do anything that doesn't require your "core" muscles until about 4-5 weeks post op...then you can do whatever you're able to do without pain. Hope all goes well.

Hi all,I'm also an April 23rd bandster. The surgery went well & I had no pain to speak of. I'm on semi-hard foods right now , but I am getting hungry a lot but I'm having my 1st fill on June 5 so that should help.It's been 4 weeks today & I'm down 30 lbs. I hope this continues, Best of luck to all of you..